Storage Auctions

Designer purses, shoes and perfume

Designer purses, shoes and perfume
« on: February 17, 2015, 04:28:53 PM »
I'm busy this week! 

One unit this week had well over 100 purses and even more pairs of shoes! Most of them are Prada, Michael Kors. Louis Vuitton. Coach.  I believe 50% are knock offs, but the others appear to be authentic.  Great condition.  Looks like she used everything once.

Is Ebay my best bet? 

How would you sell them?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Designer purses, shoes and perfume
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 05:29:36 PM »
I'd put the authentic merchandise on eBay. You have to be careful selling the replicas. Some more prudent individuals would advise you to trash them, but this is the real world and good quality replicas still fetch a premium. ebay is on the lookout for counterfeit merchandise. I've listed a few replicas on Craigslist, but I made it clear that I purchased the item at a storage auction; therefore, the authenticity is unknown.

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 07:59:00 PM »
I'm busy this week! 

One unit this week had well over 100 purses and even more pairs of shoes! Most of them are Prada, Michael Kors. Louis Vuitton. Coach.  I believe 50% are knock offs, but the others appear to be authentic.  Great condition.  Looks like she used everything once.

Is Ebay my best bet? 

How would you sell them?

Chances are if half are fake the other half might be as well.  Its getting extremely difficult to tell the real from the fake so ebay will not be your best bet.  The market is flooded with fake so the prices are pennies on the dollar even for real ones.

If I were you I would go onto facebook and find a local buy and sell group and sell them all that way.  At least this way people know what they are buying, can meet you to look and there are no refunds and you wont risk getting banned.

No matter the brand you are getting $25-$125 for a bag.  Coach being closer to the $25, louis prada being on the higher end.

Perfume will sell on ebay. 

Shoes like that are a tough sell because of the knock offs as well.  I'd go buy and sell if possible.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 12:52:16 AM »
One unit this week had well over 100 purses and even more pairs of shoes! Most of them are Prada, Michael Kors. Louis Vuitton. Coach.  I believe 50% are knock offs,

If using eBay do not mention any brand names in the knock off listings. For example, don't say "looks like Coach", or "could be a Coach, I don't know for sure." Only use the brand name in the listing if you are 100% sure it is authentic.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 09:31:01 AM »
You should make a killing with that stuff on eBay assuming its like Prada, Louis Vuitton, etc.

I had a locker some years back full of Doonie and Bourke purses, now granted D&B isn't in the same arena as Louis and Prada, but still a pretty expensive brand, I've bought those purses for girlfriends in the past and paid $200 and more for Doonie purses on sale.

On Ebay however I had auctions going for like $12 to $15 for Doonie and Bourke purses, really kind of shocked me and was very disapointed in the results. I think Doonie and Bourke obviously isn't same level as the brands you meant and isn't as popular but was surprised how low that stuff went.

On ebay however I think you should do pretty good. My biggest fear with ebay is someone claiming counterfeit as ebay is insane about protecting brands like that and will kncok you off without ever even asking for your side of hte story. I'd first make sure they are all real.

If you dont wanna go the ebay route in my area we have a lot of these higher end resale shops where its all louis stuff. They sell on consignment and give you like 70% as long as you dont want the cash upfront. At the one near me they actually have a waiting list for Louis so pretty much everything I would bring in would be spoken for before it even hit the floor. See if you have any of those in your area.

Offline MikeMilez

• Author: "Storage Auction Authority"
    • View Profile
    • MikeMilez.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 04:58:58 PM »
I had a problem in the past with eBay and a few purses that I could not personally authenticate. From then on out, I just sold them in my warehouse and had no issues.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 09:12:14 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I don't think I'll go the EBay route for these, just out of concern that someone will claim it isn't real.  I found a few online consignment places that will authenticate the bags or purses.  Seems pretty painless. 
I figure for the other 80 or so purses that aren't as high end name brand (more like nine west, calvin klein, Baby Phat, etc), even if I sell them for 5-10 dollars each, that's $400 - 800. 
Just for that small portion of this unit. 

xx
Designer clothing, shoes and handbags

Started by Travis

8 Replies
Last post October 06, 2014, 06:13:06 PM
by Cobia
xx
Avon Cologne and Perfume Bottles

Started by Ironman

2 Replies
Last post February 25, 2011, 05:54:43 AM
by Ironman
xx
Anyone have any experience selling purses?

Started by rulesforrebels

4 Replies
Last post September 20, 2011, 10:53:02 AM
by ChefJ
xx
Selling your shoes

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post March 05, 2013, 08:57:23 AM
by craiglstauction