Storage Auctions

Do you all get alot of family

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
Do you all get alot of family
« on: October 20, 2011, 03:02:03 PM »
stuff like toys and beds,etc Like massavie amounts in ever shed? Or is it my state of  Utah due to the average family here is 6 people to a house? Pros and cons of Utah is we have the best econmy in the USA cons is huge family so here we get massive amounts of kids cloth and toys. KID to kid stores buys the cloth but at a low rate.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: Do you all get alot of family
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 04:08:28 PM »
yes I do, and it can pay off if there is infant furniture and clothes.

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 04:33:07 PM »
By the truckloads.Can pay off if in good condition.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 10:21:27 AM »
yes I do, and it can pay off if there is infant furniture and clothes.
Thought a law passed that all infant furiture had to be inspected for re-sale due to safety issues? Any one selling infant furniture without inspection is held liable for any acciendient to an infant. I could be wrong

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 11:59:17 AM »
Thought a law passed that all infant furiture had to be inspected for re-sale due to safety issues? Any one selling infant furniture without inspection is held liable for any acciendient to an infant. I could be wrong

You might be right, but Craigslist doesn't ask so I doubt that that law is followed to the T.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 07:11:26 AM »
Was told by our Thrift store contact she could not sell infant clothing out of her store but it could be sold at a yard sale. Go figure  We have decided to avoid cribs and car seats, really would not like the liability and it seems that a responsible parent would not purchase those things from a yard sale. IOO

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 08:56:27 AM »
Was told by our Thrift store contact she could not sell infant clothing out of her store but it could be sold at a yard sale. Go figure  We have decided to avoid cribs and car seats, really would not like the liability and it seems that a responsible parent would not purchase those things from a yard sale. IOO

There is always somecheap arse who will go all Wal-Mart cheap and buy it if it looks halfway decent. Remember car seats aren't cheap but the parents sure can be.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 09:40:24 AM »
There is always somecheap arse who will go all Wal-Mart cheap and buy it if it looks halfway decent. Remember car seats aren't cheap but the parents sure can be.
I agree  And with all the recent recalls I will just avoid them or donate to a goodwill and let them deal with it. Have grandchildren so my ears perk up to recalls.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 10:01:30 AM »
Its possible.  Any time the government can grow itself and create some additional govt. jobs/beaurocrats it will.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 11:44:37 AM »
Car seats, no, at least in my area. Most of them are being stamped for not to be re-sold period. Cribs can be iffy. But strollers, changing tables, play pens, and high chairs is what I was mostly referring to.

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 03:06:40 PM »
For me it's about 1 in 4 units.  I'll get a few toys, cloths, etc. but not a ton of it.  My latest unit had 2 strollers, toys, kids cloths, etc.  I mostly seem to find units with a freaking ton of cloths and paper.  I keep receipts for a year or two but after that I burn them.  I've found stuff from 10 years ago.....

As for car seats and cribs I just toss them.  In GA they passed a law about those two I think.  For me it's just not worth the risk.  Figure I can sale the strollers but after I check the make/model for a recall.

xx
wow... alot of people

Started by advanta007

4 Replies
Last post February 21, 2011, 08:45:39 PM
by advanta007
xx
Do you employ your family members?

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post July 26, 2014, 09:37:59 PM
by Travis