Storage Auctions

Do you attend auctions with only 1 unit?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Do you attend auctions with only 1 unit?
« on: August 07, 2013, 07:27:12 PM »
Do you attend auctions with only 1 unit? Why or why not?

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
Re: Do you attend auctions with only 1 unit?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 08:15:04 PM »
Usually I don't know how many units there are untill I arrive.
I've only been going to ones close to home.  Auctioneer has an email listing of where he'll be and posts the night before if 'confirmed'.   For the most part if there is only one he'll hold it until he next month.

That said, if he finds out the next auction in the train only has one i usually head home.  It's just to much.
Time, people, low odds...
Tho, there has been times he announce the next facility only has one, only a few people....then its an asking game.  "You going? How out you?"   

Last month there was one that he was asking people to go.  (He needs at least three bidders.)
I went just to help him out.  Turned out to e a fantastic unit and only went for $260 and had two $900 JBL stage monitors in it.   Unfortunatly it was huge unit and I was going out of town so had no time to empty and it and he couldn't locate manager to see if I could rent it for a month.

If I call around and a place has only one I tend not to go.  The possibility of it being paid up, everyone fighting for one unit.....not worth it.

So short answer:  No, but sometimes.  I have my reasons but not really. 

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 11:28:04 AM »
I'll go to a 1 unit auction if it's close to home. If I have to drive more than 10 miles, forget it. I used to go to them all, my thinking was the lower the number of units available, the less the crowd will be. Not the case.. So now the less number of units, the closer it has to be to my home or business.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 12:33:53 PM »
I went to an auction yesterday and there was only one unit. Got there 15 minutes early and I was the only person there. I was getting worried because the auctioneer said that there needed to be at least 2 people there for the sale to take place. 5 minutes til the start of the auction, 4 more cars rolled up. 5 people, one unit...odds weren't too bad. The locker was alright but two guys ran the price up to a level where the profit margin was slim.

I have only been to one auction where it was just me and 1 other bidder. 2 units were for sale and I bought both of them dirt cheap. I wish that happened more often.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 12:38:22 PM »
I'll go to a 1 unit auction if it's close to home. If I have to drive more than 10 miles, forget it.

Ditto Dat!

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 03:59:54 PM »
I'll go to a 1 unit auction if it's close to home. If I have to drive more than 10 miles, forget it. I used to go to them all, my thinking was the lower the number of units available, the less the crowd will be. Not the case.. So now the less number of units, the closer it has to be to my home or business.
wish I had that option!
Out here in the country, I almost have to drive 10 miles to visit the bathroom!

30 miles is the closest facility that I have found that offers storage auctions.

xx
Does your significant other attend auctions with you?

Started by Travis

14 Replies
Last post July 02, 2014, 04:42:40 PM
by House of Treasures
xx
How do you determine what auctions to attend?

Started by nkrause77

6 Replies
Last post October 08, 2012, 09:46:58 PM
by BigBizzz
xx
Do auctions you attend accept credit card payments for locker buys ?

Started by MovieMan

6 Replies
Last post October 22, 2013, 01:54:44 PM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
How far would you be willing to drive to attend a storage auction?

Started by Travis

6 Replies
Last post November 06, 2012, 04:46:37 PM
by KrauseHouse