Storage Auctions

Do your local auction put out ads like these refering to the tv shows?

Offline bwd111

• View Profile

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
I mean how stupid is this bussiness getting? http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=19607778&cat=7&lpid=&search=

Except for the "Best looking Leprechaun" contest, yes, I have seen some storage facilities take advantage of the popularity of the TV shows over the last 18 months. Few and far between though.

Oh man - that is going to be a circus.  I'd go just to toy with all the newbies that will be there.  Watch all of their great lockers be like 3 units total and all trash type units.  Most of the storage places I hit only like the shows for the increase in tenants paying up.  They liked the larger crowds to start with but now hate it.  Has turned out to be more headache and paperwork for the facility / auctioneer then worth.  When a newbie buys a unit I would say 20-40% of the time they don't clean it out or follow all of the instructions.  This then just causes the facility more time and money.

Faith and begorrah - they forgot to mention the Green Beer Vendor, Lady's Auxiliary serving corned beef and cabbage, and the Moonwalk for the kiddies!!  Yahoo!!   :-\ :-\

I agree with Craig - around here most of the facilities look at the auctions as a necessary evil and just want it to be over.  They deal with what they perceive as a "hassle" so they can re-rent the units.  Won't be seeing any leprechauns anytime soon!!  :D

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile

I agree with Craig - around here most of the facilities look at the auctions as a necessary evil and just want it to be over.  They deal with what they perceive as a "hassle" so they can re-rent the units.  Won't be seeing any leprechauns anytime soon!!  :D

I saw one in the legal notice's. Had to do a double take. Went to check on my list I had made for the day, right on the top of the legals was a listing Auction today blah blah. No list of tenants just an advertising went and found the legal notice to make sure it was legit. But they put it in the legal notices. It was a crowded auction.

Would avoid this one or go and video tape it for the fun of it.  ;)

xx
Are the auction shows even real?

Started by MarcusBaur

8 Replies
Last post April 20, 2015, 08:19:47 PM
by Cobia
xx
Our Local Auction

Started by bulldogmom

3 Replies
Last post April 07, 2012, 11:00:58 PM
by monkeybusiness
xx
So, what storage auction reality shows are still on the air?

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post September 14, 2021, 08:33:30 AM
by ThomasGrey
xx
Are The Storage Auction Shows Staged?

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post December 18, 2012, 08:15:00 PM
by Travis