Storage Auctions

Email from Storage Auction Talk?

Email from Storage Auction Talk?
« on: November 03, 2011, 03:34:42 PM »
I know this thread should be in the Plug section, but I figured it would get more traffic here. Has anyone gotten an email from Storage Auction Talk? Here's a copy of the email:

"Hey I saw that you were a member of another storage auction website and I wanted to let you know that we are in the process of opening a new forum/community for all auction hunters.   Our official opening date will be Dec 1st 2011 but we are open now while we beta test different aspects of the site.  We will be rolling out some pretty cool features from Classifieds, Arcade Games, Contest and Point Sytems to Auction List.  I hope you take the time to stop by the site and sign up.  We are also looking for some people to help run this website.. please send Junkman a PM from the site if you are interested.

-SAT STAFF

PS: We are giving away $50 for the user with the most post for the month of November."

I cant decide how I feel about them raiding our member base for email addresses, but our very own TClane is a member. If not condemned to bastard status, its another avenue I suppose. 

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: Email from Storage Auction Talk?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 08:30:25 PM »
Sorry I have not gotten the email. If I did it landed in spam, and I just delete all my spam after a quick glance.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 09:00:17 PM »
Yes I am aware that this was sent out today. Apparently they had rummaged through some of the members email addresses on here and spammed you! If you wish to hide your email address to the public you can do so in your profile.

There is only 1 Storage Auction Forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

haha

Anyways feel free to check it out or others and I think youll find that this forum has the most storage auction related content out there, due in part to the fact that we were around before all the tv shows!! :o None of the others can say that. This forum was truly made for the storage auction go'ers by a storage auction go'er! Not for any source of income or advertising or what not! So I hope you all enjoy it!

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 09:14:47 PM »
Thanks for the clarification!

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 10:06:14 PM »
Yes I am aware that this was sent out today. Apparently they had rummaged through some of the members email addresses on here and spammed you! If you wish to hide your email address to the public you can do so in your profile.

There is only 1 Storage Auction Forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

haha

Anyways feel free to check it out or others and I think youll find that this forum has the most storage auction related content out there, due in part to the fact that we were around before all the tv shows!! :o None of the others can say that. This forum was truly made for the storage auction go'ers by a storage auction go'er! Not for any source of income or advertising or what not! So I hope you all enjoy it!

Good stuff there Drew, trust me this will be the only storage related site I frequent. Keep it up!

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 11:22:03 PM »
Yeah that guys a little late to the game. The whole craze surrounding storage auctions is done, sure there's still shows and interest but the peak is gone imho.

Also, pretty lame poaching emails off this site as well, I'm turned off to it just because of that. Maybe I'll go put up 1000 posts saying "agreed" just to win the $50 lol.

Also who starts spamming people with a site that's not even fully operational, people check out your site realize flaws and never return.

Also like drew said check out the other storage auction forum that's out there, I havnt checked in ages but the most current post you'll probably find is like 8 months old.

Offline Bandit

• View Profile
    • Storage Battles
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 10:00:27 PM »
Rules
  I got that E mail too but haven't looked at it yet ,  
Your going to try for the most post ?
Shall We all try ?   AT THE SAME TIME   ;D
Bandit
Ps
  Regarding post count , I use to belong to an RV forum , a member very close to me joined the same day I did , He quickly went to over 2000 post in a year ( Most were yup , I agree , nice , great etc. ),          I was at 50/60 post , He gave someone Bad Advise about an Air Compressor ( that could of got them killed ) , I corrected it , and got jumped on by all the regulars for questioning a Senior Member with many more post then Me   that works for a body shop ( He drives there tow truck on  weekends )   .
  I have worked on Air Compressors since 1978 and owned My own company since 1987 .
I haven't visited/posted there since

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 06:56:39 AM »
Got the mail; trashed it.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 06:34:43 AM »

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 04:32:52 PM »
but our very own TClane is a member.

Yes guilty as charged... I have been moonlighting. For the record....I post comments on several auction related forums and besides the unsolicited emails, I don't see anything wrong with helping a struggling website out...Hell, if you have ever been a webmaster, you've been in the same situation. Besides, you guys are my BFF, I could never abandon you.  ::) LOL

Yes, this is the number one site for quality content about storage unit auctions....the numbers don't lie.

Just to clear the air, the reason I haven't made any posts lately is because we just bought a new house and we have been moving and unpacking. You never realize how much stuff you have acquired in the storage auction business until you have to move it all.  8)

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 07:16:23 PM »
Yes guilty as charged... I have been moonlighting. For the record....I post comments on several auction related forums and besides the unsolicited emails, I don't see anything wrong with helping a struggling website out...Hell, if you have ever been a webmaster, you've been in the same situation. Besides, you guys are my BFF, I could never abandon you.  ::) LOL

Yes, this is the number one site for quality content about storage unit auctions....the numbers don't lie.

Just to clear the air, the reason I haven't made any posts lately is because we just bought a new house and we have been moving and unpacking. You never realize how much stuff you have acquired in the storage auction business until you have to move it all.  8)

And all this time I thought you dug into a hole and abandoned everyone from your sarcasm :)

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 09:22:43 PM »
Speaking of sarcasm, check this out.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 09:46:07 PM »
Nice Travis, Nice :\

xx
No auction talk going on !

Started by MovieMan

6 Replies
Last post October 20, 2013, 08:45:09 PM
by Alias300
xx
Storage managers talk about charging admission to auctions

Started by MovieMan

13 Replies
Last post April 11, 2012, 10:37:18 AM
by money4nothing
xx
Storage Managers talk about legalized "pot" and their facilities

Started by MovieMan

6 Replies
Last post February 21, 2014, 02:04:13 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
What have you heard others say when they're trying to talk down a unit?

Started by Travis

9 Replies
Last post October 04, 2013, 03:28:22 PM
by parksleyman