Storage Auctions

Ever had the owner of the unit approach you at the auction?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Ever had the owner of the unit approach you at the auction?
« on: March 17, 2011, 05:15:07 AM »
I purchased a unit about 6 months ago and the owner approached me after the auction and asked me to return certain items like photos and medical records. She was very polite so I agreed. I told her I would leave the items with the facility manager.
Anytime a tenant makes an effort to contact me to see if I will return sentimental items, documents, photos, etc., I usually try to help them out.

Re: Ever had the owner of the unit approach you at the auction?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 07:54:50 AM »
I've never been approached by former owners.  If I had, I would have no problem handing over any documents, personal photos, or anything else that I wouldn't be able to sell.  I think where it would be an issue is if they wanted me to just give them any 'sentimental items' that actually had resale value.

Offline terry

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 08:09:15 AM »
I've never been approached by former owners.  If I had, I would have no problem handing over any documents, personal photos, or anything else that I wouldn't be able to sell.  I think where it would be an issue is if they wanted me to just give them any 'sentimental items' that actually had resale value.

I agree. But I have a box labeled personnel for each unit and put any photos, home videos or documents in it and return it to facility manager.

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 08:37:37 PM »
I sort of met a locker owner last weekend at our garage sale - the locker owners showed randomly for the sale and realized some items were from their unit....they bought back some items from the unit including a couple picture frames with pictures still in it. We had returned 5 boxes of photos and personal effects to the facility, but missed a couple pictures in frames (we had 4+ boxes of picture frames - honest mistake). I'm sure that felt very strange to see your personal photo for sale. They never said a word to us.

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 01:57:50 PM »
I had one stop by after I had won the unit and was cleaning it out a few hours later. I handed her a box of the w-2, photo's, car tag and several receipts, she said she appreciated it greatly and left. Other than that i never have been approached, I have had a few of the storage facility owners come talk to me randomly, no big deal, I think they just were curious as to what I found.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 01:08:06 PM »
I personally have never had to be in direct contact with the original owner *knocking on wood*. Although I always try to get personal effects that have no resale value to the facility management.

I did have a unit that the owner wanted to contact me, the management kept pressuring me to please call them, and I told them there was no way in hell I will contact them myselves. It tends to cause problems I would think.

xx
Storage Unit Auction List....takes a new approach to their biz

Started by MovieMan

3 Replies
Last post December 28, 2013, 10:03:15 AM
by HomeGrownPromos
question
Multi Unit Owner Up on Block

Started by »Rafe«6º

4 Replies
Last post July 26, 2011, 04:48:06 PM
by »Rafe«6º
xx
Bought unit owned by same owner as one from 2 years ago

Started by dbr831

2 Replies
Last post January 08, 2014, 11:13:56 PM
by calcoastgal
xx
Different approach by an auctioneer...have you seen this in your area?

Started by MovieMan

8 Replies
Last post February 07, 2011, 07:39:19 PM
by MovieMan