Storage Auctions

First Auction

Offline TonyT

First Auction
« on: March 06, 2011, 12:10:09 PM »
Finally found an auction I could fit into my schedule and wasnt over 100 miles away. Only two units though. A little bit of rain, which I saw as a plus cause rain doesnt bother me but I thought it would  keep some people from coming out. About 20-25 showed up.

The first unit had a bed, two bikes (cheap ones, I know bikes, although some of the people bidding thought they were decent), and two big black metal cabinets. I could tell there was stuff in the one cabinet, but it was all in white garbage bags. Def not my locker. It went for around $280.

The second one was a bit bigger, and had some better stuff. What I can remember - A complete brand new wood bed frame, a nice new kitchen table with two chairs (not the most expensive, but new none the less) craftman tool set, a used dirt devil vacuum (the more expensive kind, although I could tell it had some use.)   There were also a bunch of boxes in the back corner, labeled "living room" and "Kitchen" I could see through one, and could tell it had nothing but x-mas decorations in it. I decided to bid, and had the bid at $350, then when the auctioneer gave the last call someone bid $400 and I decided I had my fun and threw in the towel. The locker sold for $450.

Overall I wasnt disappointed. I will definatley be looking forward to my next auction, and hopefully ill win one :)

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: First Auction
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 12:42:34 PM »
cool! Glad you didnt get suckered into a bidding war! Its good to know when to stop.

Offline TonyT

Re: First Auction
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 06:56:44 AM »
cool! Glad you didnt get suckered into a bidding war! Its good to know when to stop.

Ya Im def careful about that. I'm not saying I'll never do it, but I think I have the ability to know when to stop :)

xx
Abandoned Property Auction Listed on Virtual Storage Auction

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post May 06, 2013, 05:48:42 PM
by Alias300
xx
Anyone ever go to your citys municipal vehicle auction or seized car auction?

Started by rulesforrebels

7 Replies
Last post September 27, 2014, 11:18:07 AM
by alloro
xx
Guess the auction selling prices on these items at a piece by piece auction

Started by MovieMan

5 Replies
Last post June 03, 2013, 06:02:31 PM
by SteveChesi
xx
New Storage Auction Game - Auction Wars: Storage King