Storage Auctions

Free Clean Out of Unit I just Won...

Free Clean Out of Unit I just Won...
« on: April 17, 2013, 09:14:12 PM »
.... has anybody tried this???.... win a unit...pick through it all afternoon..get perceived "good stuff "... leave some crappy furniture/household pieces/go straight to the dump stuff/etc.  ( total value $20-$30 imho)... take some photos..upload to the FREE section of craigslist..put in must take ALL.. then be there next morning to see what happens..just a thought but I think this would save me xome dump fees/labor /gas/etc...worst thing is nobody shows and I have to clean out anyway..opinions?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Free Clean Out of Unit I just Won...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 01:37:48 AM »
Hey, if it works...why not!?

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 08:26:53 AM »
.... has anybody tried this???.... win a unit...pick through it all afternoon..get perceived "good stuff "... leave some crappy furniture/household pieces/go straight to the dump stuff/etc.  ( total value $20-$30 imho)... take some photos..upload to the FREE section of craigslist..put in must take ALL.. then be there next morning to see what happens..just a thought but I think this would save me xome dump fees/labor /gas/etc...worst thing is nobody shows and I have to clean out anyway..opinions?

Yea, it will work, you just need to make sure you go through the unit with a fine tooth comb and make sure you take anything of value. Anything of doubt you need to take with you as well. It's incredible the value of some of the crap I find that I would normally just toss in the garbage without researching.

In my limited experience, I have found items that I consider junk or Goodwill material that sells for $10-$100 on Ebay, and have found gold jewelry in the bottom of buckets with rusty nails, pencils, cigerette butts, & other useless doo-dads.

What I am saying is, there is a certain amount of risk of missing valuables by quickly digging through a unit, grabbing what you think is valuable and giving the rest away.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 03:17:15 PM »
There is a fine art to doing this. You have tell them in the ad that the stuff is free but they must take everything including the trash. So, obviously you have to be there to enforce this. If you don't specify that they must take everything, they will take what they want and leave you with a gigantic mess.

xx
To what extent do you clean out the unit?

Started by HomeGrownPromos

9 Replies
Last post March 29, 2013, 11:37:54 AM
by drbecker
xx
Might have to try this new service cause I hate to clean unit out

Started by bwd111

4 Replies
Last post March 14, 2012, 10:11:02 AM
by craiglstauction
xx
48 Hours To Clean Out Your Unit - Yeah Right