Storage Auctions

Going through locker and opening boxes for photos?

Going through locker and opening boxes for photos?
« on: April 07, 2018, 01:16:29 PM »
I am keeping an eye on an auction with some very collectible items that were owned by a very well known person. The auction appears to include some very rare and one of a kind items.
I know when you go to a storage auction (I have been to many) you are not allowed to go inside and open boxes.
I thought this was the same for the auctioneers taking photos for online auctions.
This particular auction shows photos of them holding up items that were clearly in boxes and on shelves. I understand that because of the nature of the items in the auction it may go for a small fortune, but are they allowed to go through the locker like this?

Also, I understand photos and paper work are supposed to be returned, but what about in the case of said items being collectible? This may include some historical documentation that could be worth a small fortune.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Going through locker and opening boxes for photos?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 10:11:40 AM »
They can enter the storage unit with the renter's permission, perhaps they had it. As for the collectible you keep them. You are also entitled to keep anything else in there, the return of personal materials, photo's, tax returns, etc. is voluntary since you have purchased and own the contents.

xx
We're opening unofficially tomorrow!

Started by HomeGrownPromos

4 Replies
Last post July 19, 2013, 10:39:04 PM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
Opening up Retail Store

Started by BMoney

6 Replies
Last post June 14, 2013, 08:16:46 PM
by jeremyandsara