Storage Auctions

GoogleTrends analysis of interest in the term "Storage Auctions"

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Haven't done one of these for a long time, so here it is...this one generated on 5/2/2013

Looks like in the first 4 months of 2013 interest is WAY DOWN (we hope).

Two of the data points are right at the 20% line. Others just above that at maybe 25%.

Sure, doubting Thomases will question the procedure used by Google, but can those same people provide something better that can be shown to the general public here on the forum?  Probably not.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: GoogleTrends analysis of interest in the term "Storage Auctions"
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 11:00:03 PM »
Here's the chart for the same term "Storage Auctions" for the first 3 months of 2013.

A closer examination that the chart above. Big spike in early April. Must have been new episodes of SW.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 11:24:43 PM »
The spike was Sunday April 7th. I believe they ran a auction show marathon that day.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 08:42:51 AM »
Haven't done one of these for a long time, so here it is...this one generated on 5/2/2013

Two of the data points are right at the 20% line. Others just above that at maybe 25%.

Sure, doubting Thomases will question the procedure used by Google, but can those same people provide something better that can be shown to the general public here on the forum?  Probably not.

The trend looks good but a couple of things I am thinking about:

1. What happens when "good" units start coming back online and all the regulars & store owners start fighting over inventory? (running the prices up).

2. Doesn't matter if there are 200 or 20 or 2 newbies at the auction, all it takes is 1 to get on my balls and run up the unit i'm bidding on!

3. Too many 2011 & 2012 newbies & some use to be old-timers snoopin' round to see if prices have come down. As soon as the "feel" prices are down, thet start showing up to auctions, bid, & run prices up again!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 09:09:58 AM »
The trend looks good but a couple of things I am thinking about:

1. What happens when "good" units start coming back online and all the regulars & store owners start fighting over inventory? (running the prices up).

2. Doesn't matter if there are 200 or 20 or 2 newbies at the auction, all it takes is 1 to get on my balls and run up the unit i'm bidding on!

3. Too many 2011 & 2012 newbies & some use to be old-timers snoopin' round to see if prices have come down. As soon as the "feel" prices are down, thet start showing up to auctions, bid, & run prices up again!

If all that is true and it very well could be....all the more reason to continue to look at alternative sources. That's been my focus now for the last year and especially in the last 4 months. I'm doing a lot more picking and searching out goods from other sellers, bulk and boxlot buys. So far it's been working and the time made free by not going to as many auctions has been used productively for that and other interests.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 09:44:08 AM »

I hope it's the new trend, but keep in mind the reduced interest could simply be due to the limited number of new shows that were aired.

xx
GoogleTrends analysis of interest in the term "Online Storage Auctions"

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post May 03, 2013, 08:06:27 AM
by MovieMan
xx
Article: "A Deep Dive into Storage Auctions"

Started by alloro

1 Replies
Last post September 04, 2013, 10:12:43 AM
by bwd111