Storage Auctions

got a biggie today.

Offline otbg

got a biggie today.
« on: August 31, 2011, 04:29:51 PM »
Just got a huge locker today (10 x 30 x 12) with doors at each end. I didn't have a whole lot of time to see everything, but some of the bigger items I have seen are a huge exhaust fan still in the box, air-hockey table, about 20 bins full of brand new blank t-shirts in all sizes and colors. If I had to guess, I would say over 500 shirts are in there. I have seen a bunch of transfers so far also, so I am hoping a press is in there somewhere or if i am really lucky a dtg printer (direct to garment), 3 huge skechers shelving units, a cash register. I can see furniture all along  the walls, but have not yet been able to get at it to get a better look.
I will be renting this unit for at least a month so I have time to process all this stuff. i think it is safe to say I will not be buying any more lockers for a couple weeks. I have a lot of work to do in this one.

Re: got a biggie today.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 07:33:29 PM »
I just have to ask....how much did you spend for that unit?  I'd guess $750 - $1K.  That is a very nice unit.  Thanks for all the pictures.  Let us know what else you find in there.

Gratz btw.

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 07:49:58 PM »
Looks good. What kind of Golf Clubs are those? 

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 08:01:05 PM »
Clubs look vintage.. hey whats that thing wrapped in plastic???

Offline otbg

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 08:38:02 PM »
Clubs look vintage.. hey whats that thing wrapped in plastic???

I have not looked at the clubs real closely yet. I am mainly waiting until I can get to the other two sets and look them all over at once. The thing wrapped in plastic is one of the three shelving units that are from a skechers shoe store. (you can see the logo in one of the pics.)

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 08:40:19 PM »
Who the hell stores a door in a storage unit?  There are just some items I'll never understand why people store them.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 08:45:26 PM »
Clubs look like some I just recently sold, (Vintage) Sadly not for what I really wanted it for them, and I sat on them for a good while as well. Unit looks good.

Offline otbg

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 08:46:55 PM »
I just have to ask....how much did you spend for that unit?  I'd guess $750 - $1K.  That is a very nice unit.  Thanks for all the pictures.  Let us know what else you find in there.

Gratz btw.

You would think it would have gone for that much (or higher on some of those crazy days) but I actually got it for $325.00. I am beginning to think people in Orlando are afraid of a little hard work. At this same auction, a 5x5 unit that i would of only gone as high as $200 went for $675.

Offline otbg

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 08:49:55 PM »
Who the hell stores a door in a storage unit?  There are just some items I'll never understand why people store them.

well, there are about 8 more doors in one of the corners. I am less surprised about doors than why people feel the need to store torn, piss stained mattresses that seem to be in 1 of every 4 lockers.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 08:54:26 PM »
I can somewaht understand doors, if in construction or remodeling their house, mattresses, mmmkay, your poor or for what ever other reason dont take the time to get a new mattress, so you store your old nasty one. What I do not understand, IS WHY THE HELL STORE YOUR TRASH IN THE LOCKER, and WE ALL SEE THIS,

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 07:36:27 AM »
@ otbg, $325? WOW!! Orlando here I come! Honey take the kid's to Disney World while I do storage auctions! What a vacation! Great find for the price these days.

@ Jrossjr, Remember that old saying. One man's junk is another man's treasure! I think thats why we are in this business in the first place.

I heard it was illegal to sell used mattresses in the state of Georgia? Can any of the Georgia guys confirm this?

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 07:51:48 AM »
I do not believe it is illegal to sell a used mattress under Georgia Law. I cannot say that it isn't a violation of Federal Law, however, I do not think that it is.
My question is, in this day of rampant bed bug scares, where would you find someone to buy a used mattress?

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 08:53:16 AM »
Wow what a deal!  It seems people are turned off by really big lockers but I like them because there can be some really nice stuff hidden in there. I think that you will make out very well on that one. I could see one that size with what is showing going for over $1K on a good day I bought one that big for $40 once and it was a bust then again it did not look nearly that nice.   $325 is pocket change these days I bet you make a couple grand off that one.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 09:45:28 AM »
s.

@ Jrossjr, Remember that old saying. One man's junk is another man's treasure! I think thats why we are in this business in the first place.

This is true, yes, but literally trash is what I was referring to. Uneaten food, used toilet paper, stuff of that nature.

My question is, in this day of rampant bed bug scares, where would you find someone to buy a used mattress?

I am sure there are some people out there that would buy them, but I have a hard time trying to get rid of them for free. Although A buddy of mine will take all the mattresses I can give him. He likes to discard all the cushion material and then scrap the metal. To me that is to much work for a little bit of change the springs can give you.

Wow what a deal!  It seems people are turned off by really big lockers but I like them because there can be some really nice stuff hidden in there. I think that you will make out very well on that one. I could see one that size with what is showing going for over $1K on a good day I bought one that big for $40 once and it was a bust then again it did not look nearly that nice.   $325 is pocket change these days I bet you make a couple grand off that one.

I love big lockers, just hate the price that they are bringing around here.

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 10:29:30 AM »
Haven't seen a big locker yet go for under $1,400 up here, and truthfully, on over half of those I couldn't see what was worth that amount.  Units looked okay, but over a grand on one?  Not one showed that kind of potential.

xx
Today

Started by Adamanteus

2 Replies
Last post May 14, 2011, 08:58:03 PM
by Adamanteus
xx
WOn another one today.

Started by Mr Andersen

4 Replies
Last post February 03, 2011, 07:28:43 PM
by rulesforrebels