Storage Auctions

Got a pretty decent unit today

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Got a pretty decent unit today
« on: September 13, 2013, 08:32:28 PM »
I saw about 30 units today, only a couple interested me.

Bought the first unit of the day...at a bargain price. It wasn't anything special, just a bunch of stuff I know I can flip easily.

Unit had a set of black 20" wheels and low profile tires, 3 additional 20" tires with average tread, a two tone pleather sofa and love seat (easy $250), two bikes in good condition, a motorized Razor scooter, a nice crib, dining table & 4 chairs, a really nice coffee table and 2 end tables and lots of decent clothing, shoes and purses.

Two things got my attention. A small jewelry box (which turned out to be empty except for a small Sterling locket) and an announcement by management that the owner was interested in buying back the bags of clothing. When I arrived in the rental office, management told me the tenant asked for the bags of clothing not to be gone through.  ::)  I'll post an update if I find anything.

Only paid $275 for the unit. Should be able to triple my money.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Got a pretty decent unit today
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 10:38:32 PM »
the tenant asked for the bags of clothing not to be gone through.

Oh I would definitely go through them now.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 06:59:59 AM »
Oh I would definitely go through them now.

I'll probably end up finding her sex toys, stained underwear or some other items no one would want others to see.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 01:50:17 PM »
A few years back we had a guy around here that bought a unit with many trash bags full of clothes in them. He was more interested in the other items in the unit and didn't pay much attention to the bags of clothes. So fast forward, he's at the dump throwing the bags of clothes out of the back of his truck when one of them rips open. Nestled between the various items of clothes were rolls of genuine US legal tender $1, $5, $10, and $20 bills. Needless to say he dove into the pile of bags and recovered a couple of them. The others were to far down to retrieve. Out of the few bags he saved he found close to $2K in money. He has no idea how much more was lost in the bags he couldn't retrieve.

Another guy more recently bought a unit with a pile of books in it, and nothing else. No one wanted it because books don't bring in much and they're a lot of weight to haul out of there. Anyway, this guy says 5 bucks and gets it. It turns out that in every book in there each 100 increment page (100, 200, 300, etc.) had a $100 bill in it. All told I think he said he pulled over $3K in cash out of the books.

So you see, if a tenant asks you not to go through the bags of clothes, it's the first thing you should be doing.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 07:48:40 PM »
2 COMMENTS:

1. "No one wanted it because books don't bring in much and they're a lot of weight to haul out of there." Thanks Newbies!  :-*

2. "It turns out that in every book in there each 100 increment page (100, 200, 300, etc.) had a $100 bill in it. All told I think he said he pulled over $3K in cash out of the books." Fn WOW! I heard almost the exact story down south only a slight variation, the books were bought at a yard sale and the $100 bills were every 20 pages!

Not saying it didn't happen, but I think this story has grown legs and has become an Pickers/Resellers Urban Legend!

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 11:02:23 PM »
a slight variation, the books were bought at a yard sale and the $100 bills were every 20 pages!

Not saying it didn't happen, but I think this story has grown legs and has become an Pickers/Resellers Urban Legend!

He's a regular and we all saw the book unit he bought. Maybe there's just a lot of old timers in this country that don't trust banks or the government to watch over their money.

xx
Got one today, May 31, 2011 ..... decent price and looks like decent return !

Started by MovieMan

4 Replies
Last post June 06, 2011, 09:00:50 AM
by Mr Andersen
xx
Got one today....decent price with hopefully decent return !

Started by MovieMan

9 Replies
Last post May 03, 2011, 10:07:08 PM
by gravell
xx
Got a couple decent units today

Started by Travis

6 Replies
Last post December 17, 2012, 12:32:23 PM
by Travis
xx
We landed a decent locker today~