Storage Auctions

Has anyone ever teamed up with another buyer to purchase a unit?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Has anyone ever teamed up with another buyer to purchase a unit? I'm not talking about your business partner or someone you brought with you to an auction with you. I'm talking about another buyer you decided to team up.  Maybe that buyer had an outlet for something valuable inside the unit or perhaps it was for financial reasons. Whatever the reason, how did it work out for you?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Has anyone ever teamed up with another buyer to purchase a unit?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 10:46:38 AM »
Nope, hence my username.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Re: Has anyone ever teamed up with another buyer to purchase a unit?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 04:49:40 PM »
I almost did this one time when I saw a really great unit and was short on cash but decided against it. If it was a unit with one high dollar item I may consider it but otherwise just dealing with some stranger or even just a casual colleague you know from auctions I dont' have the trust to say okay lets split it and sell it and split the proceeds. If the other guy finds a gold necklace while searching I don't trust him not to pocket it. With so many small dollar items I just think its more hassle than its worth to have to try to sell them together or decide who gets what.

Back when I was heavy into auctions I was working with a smaller bankroll than I am today so I was tempted many times to do something like this however now I have enough money to buy any unit I would want to buy, anything over what I could afford would be more than I would ever want to lay out on an auction anyway.

My current business partner and I may get back into auctions to supplement our other ebay business and we'll have much deeper pockets together than I used to so in a sense I guess thats partnering but its with a friend I've known for 10 plus years.

xx
Would you use a credit card to purchase a storage unit?

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post March 19, 2015, 09:48:23 AM
by alloro
xx
Would you purchase a storage unit online if the facility was 100 miles away?

Started by Travis

13 Replies
Last post September 08, 2014, 12:19:10 AM
by Travis
xx
Would you purchase a storage unit online if the facility was 200 miles away?

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post September 06, 2014, 03:13:07 PM
by StorageAuctionFinds
xx
How does a buyer access my unit?

Started by AnnMic

5 Replies
Last post March 16, 2015, 08:41:08 AM
by AnnMic