Storage Auctions

How are your sales doing this holiday season?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
How are your sales doing this holiday season?
« on: December 21, 2013, 08:30:54 AM »
Depending on what type of merchandise you sell, this may or may not be a good time of year for you.

What type of merchandise do you specialize in and have you seen an increase or decrease in sales this holiday season?

I mainly focus on units with furniture & appliances. Haven't been getting many calls on the appliances but the nicer furniture is selling pretty well.

Re: How are your sales doing this holiday season?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 02:36:13 PM »
Yesterday was our annual Holiday parade. The store had a huge day. We have been selling really odd stuff. I sold 50 golf clubs that have been sitting around and collecting for 20 bucks. Why he wanted them all I don't know. Trunks have been the big seller. I sold three yesterday and two during the week. My mom has a box fetish and she was banned from buying anymore until we sold some of them. Sold all of the vintage telephones I had, grandfather clock, several pieces of glass ware. Truly stuff that doesn't usually sell this time of year. Furniture is more the norm for me right now. Not complaining though. Bring on the money!

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 02:50:20 PM »
Nonexistent.

I'm down to very specific higher end stuff.   Most of which isn't very holiday-ish.
All of my cookware went so left with only copper.   Not to many people are out looking for a $300 sauce pan.  And it's been way to cold to fix the lower price stuff.   (Not that I mind working in the cold but the metal cools off to fast)

Auctions, when there has been auctions, have been horrible for my size limit and estate sales have been less than desirable.

Disappointed because I have some old but totally unused ski stuff I thought would be gone by now......except there has been no snow.   Nice set of studded tires that no one needs.  Bunch of brand new chains.......

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 12:07:26 PM »
Sales have been down for me through the shop. I had a write a check for less than rent this month. I hate doing that, but with Christmas and my other bills, I couldn't pull from my personal stash to cover it. I've got a lot of niche items in which may or may not sell quickly. Lots of antiques which I'll have to sell cheap and they do not sell well on Facebook or craigslist.

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 01:20:48 PM »
The last couple of weeks have been busy.......last year at this time it was slow.  I think I made a couple of the right purchases, got some great kids Christmas gifts and had a little motorcycle that the guy was giving to himself.  Hopefully it keeps going into the New Year like this!

And, finally, my 500th post! Took long enough!

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 04:44:11 PM »
And, finally, my 500th post! Took long enough!

Congratulations...and yeah, you're right.  ;)

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 08:42:44 PM »
Sales have been miserable from the 21st - 29th. Only sold a few small things. Hopefully things will pick up as people start getting their income tax returns.

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 12:07:44 PM »
Since Christmas has been okay. Did better than breakeven in the store for last week. Add ebay sales to that and I'm able to catch up for December's bills. But January will still run late. Hopefully the trend continues and I can catch up Jan in time to make Feb on time.

xx
Are you ready for this Holiday season?

Started by janette

0 Replies
Last post November 11, 2014, 10:39:14 AM
by janette
xx
How are you preparing for the holiday rush?

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post November 05, 2013, 11:15:28 AM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
Nothing like having to move your store twice over a holiday weekend!

Started by HomeGrownPromos

11 Replies
Last post July 18, 2013, 02:14:26 PM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
Holiday Gift swap thread

Started by BigBizzz

6 Replies
Last post December 23, 2011, 01:17:40 AM
by BigBizzz