Storage Auctions

How bouta sum inspiration..whats the best thing uve found lately

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Re: How bouta sum inspiration..whats the best thing uve found lately
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 11:43:41 AM »
Well, there are worse things you could become.

Very true !!!!  ;D

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 10:53:27 AM »
How much for the jersey? I'm a niner fan

Are you looking for any other Niner stuff Drew?  We got a locker a month or so ago that had a lot of general Niner fan things (shotglasses, mugs, bobbleheads, other lower end nicknacks) & some nicer things (Montana, Young & Rice footballs) & quite a bit I don't remember right now.  Where we are though (KY) it is more Bengals territory & there isn't much of a market here.  We're still sorting things but if you'd like I could get a list/pictures together to see if anything catches your eye.  Shoot me a PM & we can hash things out.

tl:dr version - found a few probably game worn college football jerseys.

Short story long version - As to the topic at hand (& staying on a sporting memorabilia theme), a couple of weeks ago we got a locker in a not so nice part of town for a very good price.  At first it didn't seem to be anything special (typical household stuff from what we guessed was an older (50ish) woman) but then tucked in the back were a few trash bags full of a man's clothes.  Opening them up we found about 8 football jerseys from a local university (probably game worn but no way to prove it) & several baseball & basketball ones that it looks like he traded his for (all the names on them were at the univ at around the same time), & a huge pile of nice clubbing/evening clothes.  As best I could piece together (from papers left & google) the guy had a huge local HS football career, got a full ride to the univ but only appeared in 7 games over the 4 years, graduated & moved out to NY.  The guy also had a miserable childhood it seems (lots of foster homes & raised by relatives as mom was a junkie - again pieced together from paperwork left & a couple of news stories google turned up) but at least it looks like he escaped that mess.  My guess is that he gave/trusted mom with the bags of clothes when he moved away (8 years ago) & that she either didn't care about her 'stuff' (junk mainly) & forgot about the bags or forgot about the locker entirely (court records show her still getting regularly picked of for drug possession...  :( ).  In the end though, while there was no way we could lose money on the locker, it looks like it may turn out WAY better than expected once football season rolls around & people are looking for football memorabilia again (especially if the team gets another bowl bid this year).

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 08:47:03 PM »
I've not had any big WoW factors of late really.  Still making some money on a $100 silent bid unit I had seen some computer parts in.  Turned out to be boxes of baseball, football, comic, pokemon, etc.  Made money back off 3 things and rest is profit.  Did just find a 73 topps Willie Mays card and Willie Mays action card.  Would be worth about $60 if in NM.  Thinking of getting them graded.

Daughter has done the best - money back just in change from a unit.  Two bikes sold for $40 (profit), a PSP 1000 and 3000 - kept both, and what looks like a 10k gold and diamond bracelet.  All out of a $25 locker.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 07:03:05 AM »
Sorry Drew, It sold at the yard sale this weekend.

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 08:57:27 AM »
Out of my Air Jordan unit~
Tons of hip-hop jeans and the like~selling/sold GREAT on ebay, but the kicker was a Gucci hat.
Saw one (used in similar condition) go for $80.  Thought I'd throw it out there for $45 with a $125 BIN.  Sucker sold within 30 minutes!

Now if anybody can help me move 7 pairs of Air Jordans and 2 pair Lebron James size 8 shoes.....I'd love the help~ :-\

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 09:21:48 AM »
Out of my Air Jordan unit~

Proving once again that some people have more money than sense .... a baseball cap for $125?   But congrats anyway !

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 10:01:13 AM »
Proving once again that some people have more money than sense .... a baseball cap for $125?   But congrats anyway !

And that danged hat RETAILS for over $250?!?!  I told my daughters to NEVER plan on a $100 hat, unless it's a cowboy one and a 20X to boot! ;D

I watched 3 pair Big Star jeans go over $100 yesterday and I just shook my head.  $40 a pair for grungy, torn, USED jeans???  Dang I'm gettin' old! :-[

On a side note~there's an ad on our local craigslist for a pair of Gucci shoes for $80.  You bet your bottom dollar that I've inquired!  Funny what you learn to look for after doing this a while~

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 08:13:02 AM »
Coolest items update for the week

i found a glass from the show pawn stars with chum lees autograph
kinda cool

i found a sick hand painted in italy mardi mask

two signed dodgers dvds

about 50 unopened blue rays.

Offline Jesterc333

• Up root yourself so you can gain some perspective.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 10:13:35 AM »
I went an estate sale last week and found an antique four chamber liqueur bottle with the original labeling and corks intact. It's identical to the one Rick bought on pawn stars except mine is complete and original and I bundled it together with some vintage mini beer bottles and a vintage (unopened) 1970 Courvoisier bottle with the cannon base for 20 bucks I don't know if i want to sell it. It is awesome looking on my bar.

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2012, 10:47:48 AM »
Semi score for me last month was the 2006 Life-Like train set - still new in QVC box.  Yard sale asked $15 - got it for $10 and sold on ebay for $56.  Worth about $200 if bought same type today but wasn't worth me sitting on till economy turns around.

$5 trash style unit purchase today is my winner so far this month.  New purses, some decent boots, 2 totes of cloths (Goodwill donation).  If find any cash / jewelry will do well.  I never discount it anymore since my daughter found a PSP 1000, PSP 3000, and 10k gold/diamond bracelet in bottom of a cloths hamper.  Maybe I'll get as lucky w/ my cloths hamper....NOT

Nice find BigBizzz - I'd love 50 new blue-rays.  Sell used ones for $5 each.  So new is $10 - $15 less the title sucks.

Offline Jesterc333

• Up root yourself so you can gain some perspective.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2012, 11:07:41 AM »
Now if anybody can help me move 7 pairs of Air Jordans and 2 pair Lebron James size 8 shoes.....I'd love the help~ Undecided

What style and color are the Jordan's? They are hot around my area right now.

xx
whats a few of the best things u found at ur most recent auction?

Started by BigBizzz

6 Replies
Last post August 18, 2011, 05:20:15 PM
by jrossjr79
xx
Best thing you personally found in a locker

Started by jrossjr79

9 Replies
Last post September 02, 2011, 11:47:59 AM
by jrossjr79
xx
What Is The One Thing You Haven't Found In A Unit That You Hoping To Find