Storage Auctions

Hybrid auction/picking/storage??

Hybrid auction/picking/storage??
« on: September 02, 2013, 11:53:32 PM »
Just got back from a auction barn.
Apparently all the dealers took the vacation.
Came away with many,many straight auction buys.  Several sweet table chair sets beds, pie safe, most $15-30.  Some $5. ALL new or nearly new. Cherry,maple, etc

Hung out till the got to box lots.

Then announces he has a pile of boxes from an estate in back room. Pile?
30' long, 12' deep, 8-10' high.
Got it for $230
Didn't dig tonite, but did find a Decotti muffler, guitar amp, compound bow, hunting arrows, dewalt drill.
Soulda checked the BIG box labeled "mom's Longenberger" but didn't.
Now I have to figure out where to put it all by tomorrow.

Re: Hybrid auction/picking/storage??
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 01:51:30 PM »
Must be the time of year. I scored big time last week at the auction barn. No furniture went for over $15.00. I had to talk myself out of bidding several times.
Usually the Barn is for fillers that are missing in the store but last week I couldn't help myself because the prices were so low. Don't need to hit any storage auctions for a couple of weeks now.

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 04:29:43 PM »
Closest barn auction to me is about an hour drive away, which isn't terrible.. but it's Saturdays starting at 7. My store closes at 7. No way to get there. I've been buying a lot on auctionzip's online auctions though. Some barn auction type places have their items listed on there. Did okay with smalls on there. Bought 3 really cool circus posters from there last week for $5 ea. I'm asking $35-$125 ea.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 11:59:12 AM »
I like that word Auction Barn!

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 04:35:13 PM »
I like that word Auction Barn!

The one here is actually a metal barn located in the middle of a field where horses are boarded. We have always called it the auction barn. Stinks like horse poop, it's hot in the summer and cold in the winter but hey we are used to it after all of these years. It is just how it works in the country. At least it is dry.

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 10:08:34 AM »
I've gotten some great lots in Auction houses (or barns). Box lots can be very profitable but you definitely need to be able to think outside the box. Don't go for the obvious collectibles that everyone is after. Find the less common valuables. I just look up random stuff on my phone while previewing and occasionally find a hidden value. I actually prefer this type of buying to storage auctions. No dump runs!

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 12:30:50 PM »
Is the hybrid auction a mix between live and online?

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 12:49:31 PM »
The one here is actually a metal barn located in the middle of a field where horses are boarded. We have always called it the auction barn. Stinks like horse poop, it's hot in the summer and cold in the winter but hey we are used to it after all of these years. It is just how it works in the country. At least it is dry.

The closest barn style auction to me is about an hour drive.. They have a live small animal auction Fridays and household stuff on Saturdays. From what I'm told, you can see and smell the animals that didn't get picked up yet if you take part in the Saturday auction. The auction literally takes place in a red barn.

xx
Picking at the Storage Auction

Started by Travis

14 Replies
Last post March 15, 2013, 06:03:24 PM
by Travis
thumbup
New To The Site, Not Storage Auctions or Picking

Started by moparornocar72

5 Replies
Last post March 28, 2011, 11:35:01 PM
by storageauctionsystem