Storage Auctions

I can see the Walls, really.

I can see the Walls, really.
« on: August 02, 2013, 11:55:15 AM »
Finally, I can down to my last truck load to move out.  I can see progress happening.  The wife just wants to donate it all, but I still see a few hundred bucks coming my way before donation time.  I have got to find a better way of buying and selling the stuff.  Easy to buy; longer to sell.  I have made a lot of money on the units, but I have to find a more productive way to sell.  I need to find a way to quit manhandling all the boxes of crap.  I think it is time to buy an enclosed trailer.

Whenever I die, my kids are going to hate me for keeping a lot of stuff out of the units.  I just can’t help myself, I’m not a hoarder, and I’m a collector of lots of things.  The funny thing of it is, when the wife and I was going thru this stuff we came to the beanie babies, 5 big totes full.  I asked her what do you want to do with them.  It took her 2 or 3 minutes to decide to  keep them.  What are we going to do with a thousand of them? 

Did I mention were are trying to move to Florida??

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: I can see the Walls, really.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 12:32:03 PM »
The wife just wants to donate it all, but I still see a few hundred bucks coming my way before donation time.  I have got to find a better way of buying and selling the stuff.

Hmmm...that's a tough one. A way to sell a bunch of common items in a storage unit that you don't want to deal with. Wait a second, I just got an idea.

VirtualStorageAuction.com

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 08:22:10 PM »
Sell the silly beanie babies on Ebay. Assuming they are in clean unused condition with tags attached. Still not worth much but you can sell them in batches and make a few bucks. I had a couple huge totes full and broke them out into batches of similar ones (all bears, all reptiles, all birds, all jungle creatures.....). Ended up making a couple hundred dollars. No where near what they cost in the first place but they just are not worth the space they take up. If they are not in new condition with tags attached just donate them.

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 10:42:54 AM »
 :'(  yea, your right, I might just do that.  They are all new with tags.  Thanks...