Storage Auctions

If you found a large amount of cash, guns, drugs ...what would you do and why?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
If you found a large amount of cash, guns, drugs or other items that "technically require the police to be notified", what would you do and why?

[attachment deleted by admin]

If you found a large amount of cash, guns, drugs or other items that "technically require the police to be notified", what would you do and why?

Guns> You have them checked out and cleared. This is a must.
Drugs> contact the police, and the site manager right away.
Cash> Depends how much it is and if they have color dye on them. If we are talking about under $10,000.00 bucks and they are clean, keep it. If over $10,000.00 you would want to contact the IRS, if you don't you can end up in huge problems. Worst thing you have to do if you contact IRS is that you have to pax 25% tax on it.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
I know that if I found guns and or money in a locker that I would IMMEDIATELY (if not faster) contact the authorities.  :)  ;)  :D  ;D  ???  ::)

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
I would throw a party....a wild one.   :o  Kidding

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Lol, this post made me think of the movie True Romance where the guy winds up with a suitcase full of coke and has to figure out what to do with it, doesn't end well for him and his wife.

I'm surprised drugs aren't found more. There's been a few instances in my state where cops have found storage units packed full of drugs. I'm surprised people don't come across units with them more often.

As for cash, how many people would actually contact the IRS? I mean yes of course I would contact the IRS...lol. Seriously though ,they rape us enough, what entitles them to 25% for doing absolutely nothing?

Seriously though ,they rape us enough, what entitles them to 25% for doing absolutely nothing?

Gotta pay for Obamacare somehow!

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
Gotta pay for Obamacare somehow!

Sorry, what was I thinking. If I find over 10K I will definately contact the IRS. I wouldn't want Harry Reid to lose his Cowboy Poetry festival, lord knows we need my tax dollars to pay for that.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Lets say you found a $100,000 but the unit also had a couple hundred thousand dollars worth of illegal drugs. I think that most of us, if we were really put into that situation, would not report the money. If you did report the money with the drugs, they would most likely confiscate it as well. I'm just sayin.................

Here in Memphis there is a story going.

About 15 years ago someone found a bag of cocaine and 58,000 in cash in a unit.
They guy who won the locker threw the drugs in th river, and kept the cash. He did not report anything to the goverment or the police.

Well, 3 weeks later he got a visit from FBI, they wanted to know where the drugs and the money was from the unit he bought out of state. This unit was in TX and he lived in TN. He played dum and said he had not found any drugs or money in the unit.

The problem with this is, he was for the next 5 years audited by the IRS, he had several visits from the FBI/police.
Every time he was out driving he was pulled over.

The guy who had the unit before it went to auction had been caught for something else, and he had friends that was caught, they  spilled their guts about several storage units to get a reduced sentence. Now this auction buyer who suddenly got alot of money and drugs and did nothing about it, was followed by the goverment.

So yes, if i found drugs, i would call the cops, if i found large amount og money, yes i would contact the IRS and pay taxes on it. 

When it comes to guns, do you really want to keep that away from the cops?
What if you sell a gun you find in a locker, and that gun killed someone before you got it.
You know what kind of problems you would be in? huge, you would at least spend 5 years in a fedral prison.

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
The other day at the auction one of the regulars I usually talk to found a bag of pot in a unit. Nothing huge maybe like a 1/4 oz or something like that along with a bong. He and a buddy of his showed up at the next facility a little out of it...lol. Said it was stale but did the job...lol. Aside from that I've never seen anyone find drugs in a unit.

The other day at the auction one of the regulars I usually talk to found a bag of pot in a unit. Nothing huge maybe like a 1/4 oz or something like that along with a bong. He and a buddy of his showed up at the next facility a little out of it...lol. Said it was stale but did the job...lol. Aside from that I've never seen anyone find drugs in a unit.

Haha that's hilarious!
But guns, I would have them run by the police.
money (depends what else in the unit with the money and also how much)
drugs (if it was like this story and a small amount I would throw it away, however if it was a lot, I would turn it in to the popo's)

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
I would check and clear the guns --- then sell them if everything comes back clean, if not, I would give them over to the authorites.

Drugs I would just dump (why risk my investment on this unit)

Cash - shhhhhh :)

Offline ZoSo

I would check and clear the guns --- then sell them if everything comes back clean, if not, I would give them over to the authorites.

Drugs I would just dump (why risk my investment on this unit)

Cash - shhhhhh :)

That's the way I'd do it.

Actually if you found drugs and money all you can do is pray because no matter what you do your screwed!!!!

1) If you Turn it over to the police then they will take a statement and you will be part of the investigation. Now you run the risk of the wrong people finding out who you are be it Drug Lords, Gangbangers, or the mob. Your running the risk of being on the front news of the paper or even worse being put on the stand.

2) You can not leave the facility with any of it! The cops will wonder why you didnt call the police immediately and decided to keep it. This could happen if police investigation leads them to the storage locker you bought, you get pulled over by cops upon leaving the facility, or simply someone turns you in to the cops.

3) The people who own the locker could strong arm the Facility and get your name and address, this means at anytime someone could show up at your front door looking for their stuff!

4) You cannot turn over the drugs and keep the money. The police will be suspicious because large amounts of drugs and large amounts of cash go hand in hand. They will investigate you just in case you did keep some drugs for yourself or you found money with the drugs.

So now lets fire this topic up......What would you do????;

xx
Don't keep your drugs and guns in your storage unit

Started by rulesforrebels

4 Replies
Last post June 22, 2011, 09:20:28 AM
by Mr Andersen
xx
Drugs and credit cards??

Started by parksleyman

4 Replies
Last post October 08, 2013, 04:40:03 PM
by parksleyman
xx
Do auctioneers in your area remove guns when they see them?

Started by Travis

6 Replies
Last post February 14, 2014, 03:35:53 PM
by atanorthwest
xx
Appropriate amount of time

Started by Alias300

10 Replies
Last post July 12, 2013, 11:51:00 AM
by Alias300