Storage Auctions

Is California a more lucrative place to buy lockers than other states?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile

•   In January of 2011 a member named Mr. Andersen said this :

So is it like they say, that there are more good stuff in CA???
Here in memphis where i am, it can be either hit or miss, and when you miss you miss BADLY, lol and when you find a good one it is never like you see on tv from CA. The best i find is new stuff like, car parts, jewelry, and furniture. Sometimes odd collectibles.
But i have never seen guns, pinball machines, jukeboxes, or any of the good stuff on tv. lol

How about it California members….is it true that crap in California is better than crap everywhere else ? 

Re: Is California a more lucrative place to buy lockers than other states?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 09:22:31 AM »
I'd have to say yes.  Only purchased in two different states, but in general California does have some pretty decent lockers.  That being said, the competition here is pretty fierce.  If an epic unit comes up for sale, be prepared to duke it out with a large group of whales and drop a substantial amount of cash to win it.  That's at least how it is here in SoCal (Santa Barbara County to San Diego County).  Inland and Northern California may be different.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 09:27:48 AM »
I'd have to say yes.  Only purchased in two different states, but in general California does have some pretty decent lockers.  That being said, the competition here is pretty fierce.  If an epic unit comes up for sale, be prepared to duke it out with a large group of whales and drop a substantial amount of cash to win it.

And of course it would be appropriate to note that you are in SAN DIEGO, which is quite a bit different than living in say Bakersfield, Burson, Turlock or Redding, not to mention the other almost 500 incorporated cities/towns in our state.  ;D

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 11:55:43 PM »
Units on the Central Coast very just like most places but we see some pretty good stuff. Like most say though the quality has gone down dramatically in the last couple of years. I guess it just depends on what you expect to find in a unit. For me I am buying for a couple of good pieces of furniture. Those kind of units come along quite often and I don't have a lot of competition on them. If you are buying them expecting to find an art stash then you are in the wrong business. Though as rare as it is it does happen and I do know that first hand.   

xx
Any states that cut the ORIGINAL lock in front of you?

Started by ARKDEAN

10 Replies
Last post December 22, 2011, 01:26:37 PM
by bwd111
xx
Top 10 Self Storage Companies in the United States

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post May 03, 2013, 09:50:55 AM
by Travis
xx
Top Ten States by Number of Storage Facilities

Started by MovieMan

0 Replies
Last post December 01, 2012, 10:56:45 PM
by MovieMan
xx
2 States Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use!

Started by Travis

33 Replies
Last post November 16, 2012, 07:57:11 PM
by the teacher