Storage Auctions

Let's do some stereotyping...Who has the best units Asians, Gays, Albinos, etc?

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Obviously we all have things we look for in units and we look for clues. Part of this is basically stereotyping units. Just thought it would be fun to say what the best units we have found or tend to find are.

Two of my top two categories of peoples units to buy have to be Phillipinos and Gays. Phillipinos units in my experience always have designer clothes TONS of expensive handbags, lots of good toys, etc.

Gay dudes tend to have nice clothes, nice home furnishings, electronics, chrome barwear type stuff just overal nice stuff.

Any other stereotypes that help you pick units?

For me - the computer shop owner or coin shop owner that put all that inventory in storage instead of selling it.

I mostly look at a unit and classify it as "grandma unit, tool unit, cloths unit, trash unit, etc."

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
We don't have a diverse enough community to really stereotype by race, nationality, or other characteristics; although I do notice I tend to win the obviously African-American units. Not so much cause I go after them, but rather the rest of the crowd won't bid to high on them so I and up winning those type disproportionally. I actually stereotype facilities instread. Facilities that are in/near nicer parts of town and have higher rental rates I tend to pay more attention to. The facilities that have cheaper rents and $1 move in specials I tend not to gamble as much.

Rednecks~hands down bar none!!  Hunting, fishing, brewery and tools!!!  How can you go wrong?!?!
 ;D

Mine is the last persons unit I bought.

Mexican units normally suck.  That has been my experience and if I can I look at the name on the paperwork before the bidding starts and it looks like a  Mexican name I will not bid much. Filipino units tend to have good stuff in them.  White guys are the best though they have the nice outdoor stuff and tools. Mexicans around here shop at garage sales and flea markets and that is what you find.   Poor families with kids of any heritage can be worse then most Mexican. Well to do older black families can be very good high end clothes and nice toys.  I tend to not bid on units that you can see a lot of kids toys and not much else and bid on lockers with tools or fishing gear showing, I especially like lockers with dust and dirt all over them. To me that says it has been in there a while and not disturbed it is not a $1 move in special being used as a dump. The ideal locker is an older couple who moved into a nursing home and put everything in storage then died and the family did not know they had the locker till it was sold or they did not care.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
By-the-way; How can you tell the difference between a "gay" unit and a "metrosexual" unit from the door? and what in the world does an "Albino" unit look like??

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
...and what in the world does an "Albino" unit look like??

It pales by comparison to the others.  ;)

Waka Waka!

hahahahahaha!!!
Could be one of the best replies on this site~ ;D

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email

nice one movieman. obviously i dont know what an albinos unit would look like just being silly with that one but its often easy to tell the race of the person who owned the unit by the decor and oftentimes magazines.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
By-the-way; How can you tell the difference between a "gay" unit and a "metrosexual" unit from the door?

Units owned by metrosexuals will usually be located in urban areas and contain lost of shopping bags while units owned by gays will usually have lots of things "packed in the back." :o

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Units owned by metrosexuals will usually be located in urban areas and contain lost of shopping bags while units owned by gays will usually have lots of things "packed in the back." :o

Either nobody got this or it really wasn't that funny. Probably the latter.

xx
Got my first two units

Started by Millertime

7 Replies
Last post July 12, 2011, 12:48:47 AM
by jrossjr79
xx
3 units=$10k

Started by bakerben

6 Replies
Last post December 22, 2014, 11:29:32 AM
by pawnstar01