Storage Auctions

Mattresses!

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mattresses!
« on: August 31, 2011, 05:11:48 PM »
I know most people pitch them, but does anyone ever resell them?

Reason I ask is there is a sealed bid auction coming up next week that has what apears from the picture I have to be a quite decent looking Sealy mattress(unwrapped), that looks like it could be sold if I got the unit.

Since I know terrorbow is like my only competition on here, anyone also care to spit out a bid I should throw on this?  I have my thought on it about $250ish but anyone care to tell me if I am to high on a sealed bid or way to low.  It's a 10 by 10.  37 emails were sent out from the storage facility.

Re: Mattresses!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 07:28:23 PM »
Most matresses that I see in units are crap, with stains, rips, etc.  I'd check your area craigslist to see if anyone has some up for sale and maybe call on a few of the "older" listings to see if they did sale.  The one on the left is junk imo.  But the sealy may be ok as it's a pillow top.  Don't see any stains in the picture.

The couch looks like it's toast also.  Everything else looks interesting.  I'd say it would go for about 250-300 in my area but we have a few big bidders that like "family / furniture" units.

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 07:57:52 PM »
Ya 250 from what you can see. Maybe 3 if you spot anything else. But ya u may end up donating a lot of that

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 08:00:05 PM »
Most matresses that I see in units are crap, with stains, rips, etc.  I'd check your area craigslist to see if anyone has some up for sale and maybe call on a few of the "older" listings to see if they did sale.  The one on the left is junk imo.  But the sealy may be ok as it's a pillow top.  Don't see any stains in the picture.

The couch looks like it's toast also.  Everything else looks interesting.  I'd say it would go for about 250-300 in my area but we have a few big bidders that like "family / furniture" units.
Just curious as to where you are.
 I think I am going to go with my bid and hope then.  I should know by next saturday if I got that unit.  Keeping my fingures crossed.  There is a 5x10 im going to bid on also, half full of boxes with a bow, I'm thinking $100  I'm thinking the bow may well drive that unit to the 100ish mark, again anyone with sealed bid auctions under their belts wanna throw some advice my way?

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 08:04:37 PM »
Ya 250 from what you can see. Maybe 3 if you spot anything else. But ya u may end up donating a lot of that
Yeah, this unit right now looks like I may end up being able to avoid going to a dump and just setting the items I can't sell on the curb for tuesdays trash day.  The couch will more then likely get donated to Salvation army or go to the Apartment I work at for my day job of it has no bedbugs/insects or isn't broken.

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 08:24:40 PM »
Ok first where is that auction at? Second the first unit I wouldnt bid over 150 and thats a long shot as most just looks like trash. Beds if in good condition might go for 25 each that table maybe 15 books 10 but who knows whats in the boxs. The second unit looks like its trash also as things are just thrown in there. The books seems to be a single cam if lucky would get 75 tops for it. Personally I wouldnt go over 120 but then might just break even.  Good luck on them.

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 08:36:29 PM »
Ok first where is that auction at? Second the first unit I wouldnt bid over 150 and thats a long shot as most just looks like trash. Beds if in good condition might go for 25 each that table maybe 15 books 10 but who knows whats in the boxs. The second unit looks like its trash also as things are just thrown in there. The books seems to be a single cam if lucky would get 75 tops for it. Personally I wouldnt go over 120 but then might just break even.  Good luck on them.

Chesterfield Twp.

Dude, Sealy are hella expensive man, I am thinking I can get at least $100 if it's good on a few day turn around, but I'll have to go craigslist stalking.  The tree is worth 20ish bucks, the tables are $20ish IMO.
It's just a little more different 30 miles south man, units aren't cheap if they have anything of value.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 08:42:37 PM »
On the first one, I wouldnt bid no more than $100, and that from what I see is mostly a gamble. Only thing I see of value is the table, and that is if I am assuming correctly that it is antique. Second that, I also see a chair or a stool, so I give it an extra $50. So $150 for the unit. Mattresses used dont sell well in my area, couch looks beat up, and all the boxes look as if they have been searched through. I get suspicious when I see boxes like that.

Second unit, I may go $175, primarliy just because of that bow, there is alot of hunters that I am sure I can unload it quickly for $250 - $300. But then again, not sure on the quality of it since its a small picture. Some of those boxes look sealed still, so something may be good in there.

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 08:48:40 PM »
On the first one, I wouldnt bid no more than $100, and that from what I see is mostly a gamble. Only thing I see of value is the table, and that is if I am assuming correctly that it is antique. Second that, I also see a chair or a stool, so I give it an extra $50. So $150 for the unit. Mattresses used dont sell well in my area, couch looks beat up, and all the boxes look as if they have been searched through. I get suspicious when I see boxes like that.

Second unit, I may go $175, primarliy just because of that bow, there is alot of hunters that I am sure I can unload it quickly for $250 - $300. But then again, not sure on the quality of it since its a small picture. Some of those boxes look sealed still, so something may be good in there.
Thanks man.

I think I will take your advice and see what happens., Really appreciate it.

Hell, I'll post the other picture of the 3 of 4 units(last won I wont show is a front load wassher or dryer, Side by Side Fridge, BBQ, Table and like 3 boxes)

This other one is a 10x30 and supposedly has a Pinball machine.

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 08:53:34 PM »
 Hmm well you know the area better than I do down there but I know a 10/20 packed with lots of valuables goes for around 300-500 around me. The second theres an auction in saginaw and the third theres one in lapeer as of right now. Might want to look into them as the prices might be lower for better units than what your used to seeing. I plan on going to friday and saturday since flea markets will be packed next week. So will let you know the prices and I will try to take pics if they allow it.

By the way any news on oxfords auction today?

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 09:02:52 PM »
mmm, tricky to me.

See lots of items that can sell quickly if you have the right channels. But not for very much money.

The Back of the Grandfather clock really sticks out for me. But it does not look very old, then again I may be wrong, but I can see its not complete. If all the pieces are in there and it is an older piece, I can see this unit going up quickly. I see what looks to be a vintage curio, cant really tell if I am looking through glass, or if its just a wooden shelf made recently.
Now if this pinball machine really is in there, wooo, at a regular auction I wouldnt be surprised if it goes over $1,500. However I would stop at $850. If this is a silent bid, lol, good luck, cause everybody will be thinking of two things.

1. I want to get it as cheap as I can, so they make really low ball offers.
2. Others will see the value, and over compensate, and throw outrageous bids on it.

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 09:12:09 PM »
mmm, tricky to me.

See lots of items that can sell quickly if you have the right channels. But not for very much money.

The Back of the Grandfather clock really sticks out for me. But it does not look very old, then again I may be wrong, but I can see its not complete. If all the pieces are in there and it is an older piece, I can see this unit going up quickly. I see what looks to be a vintage curio, cant really tell if I am looking through glass, or if its just a wooden shelf made recently.
Now if this pinball machine really is in there, wooo, at a regular auction I wouldnt be surprised if it goes over $1,500. However I would stop at $850. If this is a silent bid, lol, good luck, cause everybody will be thinking of two things.

1. I want to get it as cheap as I can, so they make really low ball offers.
2. Others will see the value, and over compensate, and throw outrageous bids on it.

Yeah, Im not planning on bidding on the last unit because there is no way it goes for less then a grand, but maybe I may put in a bid and pray.

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 10:28:30 AM »
I've recently discovered that matresses/bed frames/box springs are a quick sale in my area, never for much money but it is a return and saves it from being trash.

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »
I'm in GA if that is any help to you.  Everything is all over the place in prices depending on your location so bid how you feel.  I would make it a oddball amount however.  Wish you luck in your bidding.

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 12:07:46 PM »
I'm in GA if that is any help to you.  Everything is all over the place in prices depending on your location so bid how you feel.  I would make it a oddball amount however.  Wish you luck in your bidding.
Lol, always do the oddball bid amounts from the time I started doing eBay auctions.

xx
old mattresses what do you do with them.

Started by terry

11 Replies
Last post January 23, 2011, 10:59:45 PM
by Bandit
xx
Mattresses

Started by money4nothing

28 Replies
Last post May 11, 2012, 05:08:30 PM
by money4nothing
xx
Mattresses in Units