Storage Auctions

Mattresses

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Re: Mattresses
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 07:28:35 AM »
che85mor   tooo funny.

Still working on the craft side of this  ::)

Have one wreath made needs some more imagination.  Took maybe 10 minutes to make...

Maybe will have something by this evening.  :o

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 07:40:50 AM »
Lol - I love the spring on shoes idea until I think of one breaking and poking into a foot.  Stuff we did as kids just don't fly anymore now a days (lawn darts anyone???)

Money - to make life easier you should get a small bolt/wire cutter.  I picked one up from Home Depot years ago that is about the size of a good pair of pliers.  It cuts the springs and stuff in a matress pretty well.  Can be done one handed also.  Or upgrade to the smallest version of bolt cutters and use them.  The set I have cuts fence and stuff with ease.  Of course you have to use both hands for those.

You know searching etsy was a great idea.  Going to go see what I think my big fat hands can put together from looking at that site.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 08:06:10 PM »
@ Craig have the wire cutters  (We build rabbit cages  ;) )

The wire around this thing was at least 1/4 " thick.  :o  well guess you call that steal rod...

Have the wreath together need to add a little bit more to make it shabby chic (thanks for not calling me out on previous miss spell).

Will post a picture if my husband is honest and says it looks good....  Not his style (shabby) So we will see.

Love to see what you come up with Craig.

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 07:40:37 AM »
I'll be honest and tell you I don't have the first clue.  Nor am I even close to haven any art talent.  I can't even draw a stick figure  ::)

Only craft thing I'm attempting is to take some picture frames, old photos, and anything else related I can find to make some "theme wall art".  I even got the idea from a guy that had setup next to me at the flea one day.

I started to give all of my bed stuff to a family friend who scraps also.  Just so I don't have to mess with the stuff.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 05:43:08 PM »
Ok still working had to get some ebay stuff listed and boxed to make room for the creative side.

Here we go.

Used an old sheet (from locker) ripped it into strips to tie the springs together, added some twine. The green fill was out of my craft supply. Paper wire unwrapped. Thinking about adding some buttons to it.

Have another idea for the crib springs. For another day.

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 09:40:30 PM »
Very nice Money.
I had 2 mattresses laying in back yard from back  Nov units. Could never get the hubby or son to drag them off. After reading this thread I decided to work on those.Well son finally pulled them under fence to pasture and set fire. Not sure just how the fire will affect them so far as crafting. But at least thats a start.
Now to get the 2 boxsprings/foundations from the garage. 1 has the square springs and not sure of the other. Every auction I've been to so far has bedding and I yell out BON FIRE TIME  ::) hoping it scares the newbies off LOL

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 12:49:22 PM »
Money - that looks far better than anything I have seen so far that used bedsprings.

Buttons would look good....maybe in a contrasting color?

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 05:50:14 PM »
Thanks.

Working some other ideas to make a few more and then see if they will sell. That will be the decider.

have a few other projects that I keep going to avoiding this one, sometimes they run together.  ;D

Broken dinning room table. Saw one cut in half painted and brackets added to make a nice table that attaches to the wall.

Nice rocking chair that the seat is missing (large wooden one) Think we are going to put a planter in it.

Old large picture frame no glass bad print, trying to make something cool using that and the crib springs.

Old windows missing glass thinking of adding chicken wire and maybe a few springs.

Ok Now you see why I only got one done. The picture not that great. If I modify I will get a better one.

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 12:33:37 PM »
That table idea is pretty good.  Would fit a place with lots of apt buildings and not my area.  I do know there is a market for such things.  My old drop leaf table went from 0 interest to 8 people wanting it one month.  Most of the people liked it due to how small it was.  How easy it would fit in their kitchen or other room.

I still look at things as either "sell / scrap / trash".  I'll have to try and change that mental block.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 01:43:40 PM »

I still look at things as either "sell / scrap / trash".  I'll have to try and change that mental block.

You are ahead of the game. I come up with this stuff because it is really trash but is still setting here.  ;)

Showing some hoarding traits (runs in the family)  ;D

Think I can salvage the table maybe get two out of it. If not is is garbage.

Will post if I come up with something cool and sells.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2012, 03:53:38 PM »
Not mattress related still working on that.

Re-purposing. 

Before

After.

Thanks Rockin was able to follow your mud instructions on Pics.  ;D

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2012, 08:28:57 PM »
A little off original topic, but I had 3 chairs that the fabric seat was making them beyond sellable.  Buddy of mine has a bunch fabric and gave me some of it.  It took a couple hrs for me to recover them and sold 2 of them for $30.  Still have one that is going to the flea Sat.  The chairs in the post above look like a recover job would help the value of the entire set.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2012, 09:01:39 PM »
Yes usually recover the chairs, just have not gotten to it.

The table has been around for a while, the last unload to get to another table, one of the legs gave way why I cut it in half and re-purposed it.

The whole table is MDF wood (particle crap).

Making new out of old.  ;D

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2012, 05:08:30 PM »
Not mattress related still working on that.

kodakgallery.com/imaging-site/services/doc/4697:520067755213/jpeg/BG

SOLD!!!! $40

Only one week on local classified.  ;D One more to go. Took the other one down to the thrift will wait a week and see if it sells if not then bring it home and post again.

xx
old mattresses what do you do with them.

Started by terry

11 Replies
Last post January 23, 2011, 10:59:45 PM
by Bandit
xx
Mattresses!

Started by acman

19 Replies
Last post September 07, 2011, 09:23:51 PM
by Drew
xx
Mattresses in Units