Storage Auctions

Multi Unit Owner Up on Block

Multi Unit Owner Up on Block
« on: July 25, 2011, 01:40:50 PM »
An out of town storage facility (45 minutes one-way) has 16 units coming up for bid on the 28th. Three of those are owned by the same person all listed as household goods. Research shows a 3 bdrm house repo late last year.

If the first unit looks good I'll bid on it of course. My main question is how important do ya all think getting the sister units is?

Assuming worst case that I got all 3 and need to empty them all in 24 hrs I have access to a double trailer semi for cost of fuel +$100 for a couple of days (cousin's) and a F250 with lift gate that I can get the day after the auction. I also have a small steel building to put the effects in so neither transport or storage would be a major problem nor expense. Labor is my shortfall at the moment as I only have 2 women (my old lady and her friend) and the truck driver (step dad with CDL) to help me but the local work a day in the town I would need help in cost 12 bux an hour per head.

Re: Multi Unit Owner Up on Block
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 01:59:26 PM »
Depends on how they packed it.  I've seen multiple units owned by a business go up for sale with different winners. 

They ended up having a swap meet because matched pieces were mixed between the units.

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 03:35:33 PM »
Good Luck.Let us know how you do.

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 04:43:39 PM »
Thanks Eagle.

I'll just bid on everything as individual lockers and not worry about 'protecting' my interest in the entire 3 units should I get one of them. I am kind of worried about someone getting a needed piece and then demanding 3xs value for it. Of course that works both ways, I can always just make a fair offer to sell them my piece to complete their purchase and watch the reaction.

Will do Monkey, thank you.

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 04:48:06 PM »
Step Dad called, he can't make it, lost my CDL driver. I'll not be bidding on any big lockers on Thurs. but Fri. has 2 caravans overlapping each other, maybe a nice furniture lot will be found right here in town.

xx
Ever had the owner of the unit approach you at the auction?

Started by Travis

6 Replies
Last post April 26, 2011, 01:08:06 PM
by jrossjr79
xx
Bought unit owned by same owner as one from 2 years ago

Started by dbr831

2 Replies
Last post January 08, 2014, 11:13:56 PM
by calcoastgal
xx
Multi-State Storage Auction Resources