Storage Auctions

My first Unit!

My first Unit!
« on: June 11, 2011, 11:07:31 AM »
$70 Unit. Bunch of office furniture. Going to clear it now, updates to come. Some kind of phone server thing I was hoping you guys could help me figure out what to do with.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: My first Unit!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 12:35:25 PM »
Hey congrats!! Let us know if you find any surprises!

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 09:09:46 PM »
Phone server thingy, I cant remember exactly what they are called, but if it is a newer one, you can sell those for a good size amount of money.

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 11:49:37 PM »
Returns on the unit: ALOT of chairs. 4 or 5 computer chairs, including a nice executive chair. Then 7 or 8 "Dr office" type chairs (NONE of these chairs has a stain or tear on it). A few office desks, and a beat up metal file cabinet. The most interesting thing to me was this heavy conference style table. It has two big connecting pieces, and the wood itself is nice and in good shape. I paid 70 for the unit, i'm a little nervous considering I've never sold office furniture. But I see a profit here for sure.

Here is the item in question, my brother seems to think its a router of some type. Possibly used for a tele-marketing company?

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 12:11:39 AM »
The top two are for sure routers, not really used for telephones, but for computers. The size of the jack tells it. The ones for computers are bigger, while the ones for phones are smaller.

Doing a little bit of research for you:
Top one: ADC TrueNet, brand new cost between $135 - $200
Middle one: HP ProCurve Switch 2626 Brand new $172 - $599 (depending if it is a powered model)
Bottom one: APC Smart UPS SC 450 (this is like a physical firewall to a network): Brand new $111 - $125

Not sure what the resell value is, I imagine all together you would be able to get anywhere from $300 - $450. Not bad at all, especially with all the other office furniture. Got a real good deal on your locker.

I deal with computers alot, that is where my education is at, Network Admin. Cheers :)

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 12:16:39 AM »
The top two are for sure routers, not really used for telephones, but for computers. The size of the jack tells it. The ones for computers are bigger, while the ones for phones are smaller.

Doing a little bit of research for you:
Top one: ADC TrueNet, brand new cost between $135 - $200
Middle one: HP ProCurve Switch 2626 Brand new $172 - $599 (depending if it is a powered model)
Bottom one: APC Smart UPS SC 450 (this is like a physical firewall to a network): Brand new $111 - $125

Not sure what the resell value is, I imagine all together you would be able to get anywhere from $300 - $450. Not bad at all, especially with all the other office furniture. Got a real good deal on your locker.

I deal with computers alot, that is where my education is at, Network Admin. Cheers :)

Thanks for the information Jross, good stuff there. One more question if you dont mind; any suggestions for the avenue to get this sold? I'm a big craigslist guy, ebay is an obvious option down the line. Think any computer shops would be interested in hardware like this?

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 03:49:39 AM »
Thanks for the information Jross, good stuff there. One more question if you dont mind; any suggestions for the avenue to get this sold? I'm a big craigslist guy, ebay is an obvious option down the line. Think any computer shops would be interested in hardware like this?
Several ways, you can look around for any local IT guys, even computer repair shops. List on CL to what you think a fair value is, and add a little extra, most people as you know will try to get the price lower, this way you already give yourself wiggle room. Also look in the wanted section of CL, you may find someone on there that is buying commercial IT equipment. Those would be the routes I go with them. You may even try to sell them to who ever ends up buying the office furniture. It usually can go hand in hand with office equipment.

Let us know how it goes with the locker sales, we all anticipate you will do real well with it. You may end up sitting on some of it for awhile, but you should do extremely well on it all.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 11:52:15 AM »
There is nothing like the rush from winning your first unit! Kinda like a high. The next best thing after the first unit is finding the treasure hidden in the units you win.  ;D

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 02:57:49 PM »
Update: I sold the tall metal locker for 30, six match chairs for 75... I am officially in the profit zone. In the proccess of putting the pc stuff on ebay... all said and done I may be looking at a 700+ profit.

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 07:53:15 AM »
You did good.  8)

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 11:09:11 PM »
Nice, let us know how much the computer stuff sells for.

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 11:39:11 AM »
Update: I sold almost all the furniture, I am sitting around 400 profit right now with the PC Stuff still sitting on ebay. I also learned a valuable lesson.

I drive an S10 truck with a toolbox, so small truck and to carry alot of items I have to leave the tail gate open. I have a knack for positioning things so they wont slide without tying it down. That is until recently...I had the big executive table you see in the locker picture sold for $220 with delivery. I load it in the truck, no rope, and as soon as I pull out of my bumpy driveway the table goes all over the road. Damage was pretty bad, guy still bought it for $120. Like throwing $100 out the window. Kicking my self in the ass... but lesson learned.

The hard way.  :'(

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 06:10:10 PM »
Ouch! Sorry to hear that guy. But you still got it sold. Congrates!  8)

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 09:02:16 PM »
Ya, anytime you have stuff your moving and your forced to drive your truck with tailgate down, or is tall, use a rope or straps. Bad break on the table, but at least it still sold to the same guy.

xx
Comic book about gov't secrets getting auctioned off in a storage unit "Unit 44"

Started by StorageAuctionFinds

2 Replies
Last post October 17, 2013, 03:16:45 PM
by alloro
xx
Don't touch things in the unit or Don't get caught touching things in the unit?

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post January 03, 2013, 10:13:18 AM
by craiglstauction
xx
Your First Unit Won!?

Started by Drew

11 Replies
Last post February 28, 2011, 07:29:54 PM
by terry
xx
What do you think the max should be for this unit?

Started by bwd111

14 Replies
Last post August 06, 2012, 09:47:02 AM
by bwd111