Storage Auctions

Needing a loan

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
Needing a loan
« on: July 21, 2011, 02:06:05 AM »
And I do not mean I want any of you to loan me the money.

Since my budget and operating at this current time is minimal to none. IMO only because I am not able to buy in the volume I need to be buying in. I am looking to go through all the red tape and set up this business into a 100% complete legitimate with structure. Meaning, taxes, tax number, permits, box truck or at least trailer, maybe even renting an actual store, employees, registered business name, actual business account (instead of my personal one). Doing all this and more to get it all setup. Applying for at least a $5,000 loan for start up cost on inventory. Borrowing more as time goes by and business itself expands for the need of a physical location.

I know what some people say, I know what G. Cameron says. But I want to hear from anyone that has done these steps and get their opinion on it, experiences, and expertise.

Offline Bandit

• View Profile
    • Storage Battles
    • Email
Re: Needing a loan
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 09:47:07 AM »
  I can't comment on the loan part , but I think You might be in for a shock when You get Your quote for " Commercial " insurance on Your trucks and trailers ( they tried to restrict Me to 250 mi. and priced out a pick up with a 12 ft. and 18 ft. utility trailers the same as a commercial tractor trailer rig $ 3300.00 ? 
  Also don't forget about Your General Liability Policy , mine is $ 1300.
   Here in Mass. and a lot of other states , if You use the vehicle to make money         ( even a trailer used to tow your kids go cart that they can win a trophy with ) that is  considered Commercial Use in there money grabbing eyes and needs to meet All the requirements of a Commercial Vehicle Registration .
  Ex. ( My 18 ft Cam-Superline  flat bed car hauler requires a $ 129. DOT Commercial Vehicle Inspection every year in Mass. )
  It's this model = camsuperline.com/Trailers/Construction/5.php

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 10:08:17 AM »
Hey guys been gone for a while, was down in Jamaica for a few weeks, got back and starting a business with a buddy, had a car accident, etc so havn't posted in a while.

Anyhow, I would be shocked if your able to get a loan. It's tough for even an established business to get a loan right now so you with this type of business which isn't exactly the traditional business I would think will have an even harder time.

I think your better off going to friends, family, or taking on an investor or two as opposed to trying to go to a bank. Also the amount of money isn't huge so even if you lost everything over time you could pay someone back 6k, its not like your trying to get a few hundred k to buy a franchise or something like that.

I think there's pro's and cons. Just having a store generally means people expect to pay a little more than they will on cl, I know I do, I understand a brick and mortar store has more expenses than a guy selling on cl but its a store also has hours that are easy i dont have to try to work out a pickup time with a guy plus you want to keep a good rep so will hopefully sell quality stuff.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 10:10:12 AM »
You also could potentially start taking on consignment items which is essentialy 100% profit for you with the exception of your time.

You do open up more possibilities to earn money but like others have said you now have more expenses. Have to charge taxes and keep records which costs money and time. You have to have commercial insurance most likely, pay rent at a store, etc. So even though you open up more possibilities you also bring on many more expenses.

I too have dreamed of opening a resale shop or pawn shop but its a big commitment and its hard to compete with a guy selling stuff out of his garage who does'nt have the expenses that you do.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 03:46:18 PM »
Thank you both for yalls insight, lol, as far as getting money from freinds and family, alot of them look at me like Im the one with big pockets, which personally I dont think to be true since I am literally in debt with alot of different stuff currently.

And Rules, sorry bout the troubles you've had to endure lately.

xx
Advice for a looky-lou needing furniture?

Started by auctioncurious

4 Replies
Last post February 27, 2011, 12:27:31 PM
by rulesforrebels