Storage Auctions

Old laptops/computers

Old laptops/computers
« on: May 11, 2017, 09:14:07 AM »
I got a unit this last weekend and there are about 6 laptops, a pc, and an ipad. (Don't worry, that isn't all I got.) It looks like they have been tinkered with and nothing works. I'm not sure if there is any way to make any money off of these.... help?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Old laptops/computers
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 09:30:03 AM »
Sell them on eBay as for: parts only, not working.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 09:14:00 AM »
I got a unit this last weekend and there are about 6 laptops, a pc, and an ipad. (Don't worry, that isn't all I got.) It looks like they have been tinkered with and nothing works. I'm not sure if there is any way to make any money off of these.... help?

Or post them as a lot on Craigslist. There are a lot of people out there who buy/fix PC's. Anything Apple, especially iPads sell quickly. Post some pictures/model numbers and I can give you a pretty good idea of what its all worth as parts.

Offline ChristopherJames

• Dream, Believe Create Succeed.
    • View Profile
    • Supercheap Selfstorage North Brisbane
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 10:43:14 PM »
I hope for your sake that all of those were legit and not stolen but selling for parts sounds good since they are all legitimately yours now. Otherwise, you might be able to find a second hand electronics place that might be ok to buy it over, even if they are a few versions behind.

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 11:08:43 PM »
i've sold lots of broken computers on craigslist for $5 each.
for A good working one I can't get more than $40-50 on CL so $5 ain't bad.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 11:33:08 AM »
I've been buying and reselling computers for the last couple of years as a hobby, mainly just so I can always have the latest and greatest technology. Unless you have something really high end, people just aren't willing to pay what it's worth. Bought an Alienware R17 at a pawn shop several months ago for $500, used it for a while and sold it for $850. Those kind of deals are rare, but usually, I could turn a $50-100 profit on each flip. If you keep up with technology and prices, you can actually make a decent living just buying PCs from pawn shops and reselling them on Craigslist.

xx
A fix for dead HP and Compaq Laptops.

Started by alloro

6 Replies
Last post August 25, 2014, 11:51:32 AM
by alloro
xx
Used TV's and computers?

Started by DamnthisisFun

14 Replies
Last post September 25, 2011, 07:22:10 PM
by rulesforrebels