Storage Auctions

Portable Storage Container Auctions

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Portable Storage Container Auctions
« on: October 13, 2014, 11:34:07 AM »
Has anyone been to a PODS, U-Box, 1-800-PACK-RAT or other portable storage container auctions? Have you noticed any difference in the procedures or quality of the merchandise? Any pros or cons to buying these units?

Re: Portable Storage Container Auctions
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 08:25:26 PM »
Has anyone been to a PODS, U-Box, 1-800-PACK-RAT or other portable storage container auctions? Have you noticed any difference in the procedures or quality of the merchandise? Any pros or cons to buying these units?

They were pretty bad the last couple of years due to Sandy.  Most people got them, threw all of their junk and wet stuff in there and when insurance stopped paying - because they settled the content claim - they just went up for auction.

My best pod was about 6 years ago.  Bought it for $2400 sold everything for $25000.  Haven't gotten a couple of doubles and triples since then but few and far between.

Also, for some reason more people show up to them in my area than a normal auction. 

I think people think they are on container wars or something and its something different.  Its all the same stuff.

xx
Portable Storage Auctions

Started by Travis

5 Replies
Last post April 10, 2017, 09:02:26 AM
by Travis
xx
Need help locating unclaimed container auctions

Started by Southern Yankee

4 Replies
Last post November 11, 2011, 06:19:30 PM
by jrossjr79