Storage Auctions

Putting together ideas for an ebook..

Putting together ideas for an ebook..
« on: October 18, 2013, 11:30:04 AM »
I'm thinking of writing an ebook that's a bit more realistic about the industry. Want to throw some topics/ideas out?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Putting together ideas for an ebook..
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 02:48:00 PM »
For title or content?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 02:58:58 PM »
Chapter 1. It's not hoarding...if you plan to sell it.

Chapter 2. There's gold in every storage unit...that you didn't win.

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 03:18:23 PM »

I like Chapter 2.

Chapeter 3. Acquiring a Hazmat Suit  :D

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 04:56:17 PM »

LOL

For title or content?

I'm not worried about title at this point. I want to write an ebook regarding the way things really are in this business. Every book out there makes it seem like a get rich quick scheme it seems. I think an honest book, with real solid advice, but also deals with the realities, will help people more, but also keep those on the fence away.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 05:24:04 PM »
I wrote a 150 page e-book about a year ago that dispelled the myths of the business. If you want to check it out (or anyone else for that matter) send me a PM and I'll email you a copy. It might give you some ideas that you can build on.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 07:51:46 PM »

Chapters 3...412.

See Travis' book.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 08:17:13 PM »
After you finish reading the book, advanced learning can be obtained through Movieman's private tutoring.

Just remember: MovieMan = Mentor   ;D

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 10:35:08 AM »
Prior to investing the time in writing this book think about how much time and effort its going to take you and how much you think you can make off of it. I'm not as involved in the storage auctions or the forums as I used to be so maybe I'm a little oout of it but it seems to me most of the hype from the shows and stuff has blown over, people are sick of storage wars, those newbies who wanted to try their luck buying units have pretty much come and gone. I think you missed the boat on writing a storage auction book.

Just do a quick search on amazon for storage auctions and look in the books category and there's 355 results. Not granted sometimes it pulls books off topic but just browsing thorugh first 3 or 4 pages it's all relevant content. How many buyers are still out there buying books and more importantly waht's going to make yours stand out from the other 355 books out there?

I have a storage auction book. In all honesty it wasn't somethign I put a ton of time into, I was stuck working on a saturday and wrote a quick guide maybe 50 pages long. I wasn't the first butI was one of hte earlier people to jump on the ebook band wagon, I was kind of inspired by glendon cameron as far as sharing knowledge for money to supplement my income on units since the market was getting tougher. I've sold a decent amount of books but like I said the hype has died down. Past few months I been making maybe $65 a month but its really slowed I think I sold like 1 or 2 this month. I'm ranked #7 on amazon too so keep in mind as a new book you'll get an initial bump if you join that special amazon program and offer it for free for a few days but after thatyour going to be competing for ranking with books that have been on the market for years.

Also, that's just amazon I'm counting theres other sites to buy ebooks nad other people wiht ebooks and progams selling them ontheir own website.

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 02:03:36 PM »
I have been looking into it a bit more. It's a big time investment for little reward. This is true. However, I'm thinking of ways to better stand out from the other books out there. The time investment is more of an issue than the reward. I don't care about making money on it, I'm just a natural writer and have to be writing something all the time. I used to write movie scripts, but that style of writing takes momentum. I can't write for a few weeks, take a week off and go back. It's something that demands consistency.

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 02:11:58 PM »
I was going to say regardless of how great your book is written, I think the market for these types of books is a fraction of what it would have been a year or two or three ago so as long as you go into this realizing you'll probably sell a few books a month I don't see any downside to it, especially if you enjoy writing anyways.

I enjoy writing myself as well and on a topic like storage unit buying I already knew all the knowledge so there was no tedious research or anything like that involved, I literally just sat down and over the course of a few hours on a saturday afternoon the book just flowed. I think I did a few more quick readthroughs to edit and boom onto amazon it went.

If you just want to throw it up on amazon and makemoney passively you can do that. If you really want to sell some you may want to try to sell resale rights to some affiliate marketers or something like that and either charge more for books with resale rights or maybe get affiliates yourself or put it up on clickbank and have an army of people working for you promoting your book.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 03:09:59 PM »
Also, if you're just offering an e-book it's relatively inexpensive to get it to market; however, if you want to sell paperbacks it's going to cost you a nice little chunk of change. Heck, just 1 ISBN will run you $125 and you need a separate ISBN for every format you offer the book in. For example you would need one ISBN for the e-book, one for the paperback, one for the Kindle version, you get the point.

If you've never self-published, the whole process will be a learning experience. There are a lot of rules (industry standards) and a lot of choices to consider. It will require a considerable time investment.

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 06:50:04 PM »
good info about publishing a book. when i got mine i was going to look into geting an isbn and then realized it gets pretty costly

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 01:57:37 PM »
You need an ISBN to sell your book on any major market format like Amazon, iBooks, or Android right? That's what I was assuming.

Maybe I'll just become a YouTube Douche like Glendon Cameron..

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 04:55:17 PM »
Maybe I'll just become a YouTube Douche like Glendon Cameron..

Sorry, this guy beat you to it.

xx
How To Make Money With Storage Unit Auctions Ebook

Started by rulesforrebels

1 Replies
Last post March 31, 2014, 09:13:00 PM
by Charli
xx
Any ideas what this is?????

Started by CashKingThrift

8 Replies
Last post April 20, 2012, 09:35:24 AM