Storage Auctions

Question about finding local storage auctions

Question about finding local storage auctions
« on: September 19, 2011, 06:07:17 PM »
Noob here. Just started seriously looking into the local storage unit auctions near me. I live in Eastern PA, pretty much on the border of NJ. Kinda in between the Poconos and Allentown if anybody is familiar with either of those areas.

I just posted in the new members section so I didn't want to start posting in the wrong sections, but basically I can't seem to find a list of upcoming storage auctions near where I live ANYWHERE!? Anybody know of a master list or something for my area, or a great wesbite that updates upcoming auctions for the Eastern PA/NJ area? I realize the nature of he business is somewhat secretive, but any help would be really really appreciated.

Re: Question about finding local storage auctions
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 07:22:09 PM »
No real secret to it.  You need to check the legal section of every paper you can think of in your area daily.  Most of the ads are only posted for one or two days (example: Sep. 01, 8, 2011 Adv. # 15233002).  If there are 2 papers that cover your area check both.  You don't have to be a member of the paper to check the legal section on the online version for most if not all.

Also, some states have a "legal papers" repository online that many papers send notices in to.  However, it's mostly voluntary so while the GA one is great for Atlanta and such it stinks for my area.

Other two ways to get info for your area.  Check out all the auctionneer websites for the area.  If you have any major storage chains sign up for their email list.

But remember you need to check daily.  Once you start to build a database you will learn most places hold auctions on the same timeframe each month.  Like the second thursday of each month is a 7 facility caravan, and the 3rd monday of each month is a 3 facility one in my area.

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 03:10:33 AM »
Theres websites that cover all over. Try asking google

Roadvirus

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 11:06:45 AM »
I found a website that might help: publicnoticeads.com/

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 06:46:02 PM »
This business isnt as secretative as you think. We try to help each other out best we can. Yeah we each have our own secret facility we might have that we wont tell our competition but overall we try tohelp each other as best we can.

Now I have to agree with craiglstauction. Newspapers newspapers newspapers. Some you can find in the online paper websites. But since I know your area as i went to college in Pa you shouldnt have a problem finding them as you got a few states within reasonable distance. For me I use storageunitauctionlist.com only for the fact that I live in the middle of nowhere and to get all the localpapers I would spend more in gas amd buying them. The site is 20 a month. Updated atleast 3-4 times a month also.

Hope this helps

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 06:58:13 PM »
auctionzip.com

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 06:40:26 AM »
Only problem with auctionzip.com is if the facility doesn't use an auctioneer they are not going to be listed on the site.  I know of only 2 facilities in my area that use an auction company.  Most do the auctions themselves.

If you don't want to look in newpapers and such.  Then get the phone book out and call some places.  You can quickly learn what days and how often places do auctions.  They will also call you many a times about new auctions if you register with them.

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 09:29:20 AM »
Only problem with auctionzip.com is if the facility doesn't use an auctioneer they are not going to be listed on the site.  I know of only 2 facilities in my area that use an auction company.  Most do the auctions themselves.

If you don't want to look in newpapers and such.  Then get the phone book out and call some places.  You can quickly learn what days and how often places do auctions.  They will also call you many a times about new auctions if you register with them.

Well, the places that do sealed bids are on auctionzip.

xx
Finding Storage Auctions In Local Newspapers

Started by Kitsap83

37 Replies
Last post December 27, 2011, 07:06:56 PM
by MovieMan
xx
where can I find all my local storage auctions for free?

Started by TheStorageBunker

11 Replies
Last post March 29, 2015, 07:52:45 AM
by Travis
xx
Finding Auctions in Nashville area

Started by deadcash

2 Replies
Last post August 18, 2011, 12:09:19 AM
by deadcash
xx
Outstanding Resource for Finding Auctions In Your Area