Storage Auctions

Quickest way to sell new books.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
Quickest way to sell new books.
« on: August 22, 2011, 08:37:57 PM »
Most are kids books, but they are all brand new.  Lady was starting a tutoring school and it must have fallen apart.  I just want to move them for a few bucks each quick.  any outlets that can help me there besides the normal amazon/ebay sources?

Re: Quickest way to sell new books.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 08:49:55 PM »
I got a box full of em too
Let me know if u find out. I been bringing stuff like that down to this little store by my place. They try an get me cheap as **** tho its hardly worth it

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 09:30:41 PM »
With out selling them really cheap, like 50 cents a book, and in alot of cases for like a penny on Amazon. Its rather hard. Sorry to inform you of that.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 09:39:04 PM »
About a year ago I got 150 paper back copies (new) of a book written by a self-made millionaire whose name I recognized. I figured it would take forever to get rid of them on eBay, but I gave it a shot.

In the beginning I sold them for just $3 each and I tacked on a $2 packing handling fee plus shipping...their total cost was about $7.

They sold about 2 to 3 month. After awhile I threw away 100 of them. It took a full year to sell the 50 I did, but I slowly increased the price to $3 then to $4 and now I wish I had the 100 I trashed....they would have brought in a tidy sum, but it would have taken 2 more years to sell them.

Offline rugie

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 07:42:29 PM »
There's a store called Dirt Cheap where I live...they have penny book day about once a month...brand new (condition) books from the last couple of years. My family lives in Chattanooga (5 hour drive from here) so I usually buy about 500 books ($5.00) and take them to a place called McKay's in Chattanooga. They'll buy them all from me for about $300. The only catch is the will only let you sell 3 tubs worth at a time so I make multiple trips. It pays for my gas to visit. I could probably make more selling them individually but it's not worth my time.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 08:02:22 PM »
I see that book lots are selling quicker than individual books.  I have quite a few and have the space to keep them in boxes around for awhile so I will just continue to relist them as I need to.

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 12:31:35 AM »
I normally take ordinary books to half price books.  They pay poorly but the last batch I took I got $60 all from the same unit and when I got it I was upset because most of the books were taped together!  I figured they were all junk. They came apart okay only ruined a few. Lot of books on Martial arts and Yoga as well as health nut books. I was happy I bet I could have got more selling at a flea market but it would have been a lot more work. Last summer on a very hot I found a garage sale with everything marked free. I took all the books ran them down to half price books and got $33.  Paid for my gas that day while treasure hunting. At garage sales and flea markets you can get .50cents to a dollar a book thats about it for most books.  Now for valuable books ebay or half.com especially text books.  My best one was a complete set of the Warren Commision Report in the original boxs with a shipping address of the state department. I got over $2K for them on ebay. That was an exceptional deal the unit was rented by the son of a retired medical examiner who had died 20 years before and he apparently could not get rid of anything.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 05:36:48 AM »
Books are a difficult sell. In most larger cities there are book stores that that will buy books in good condition.

Perhaps you could go by private schools, day cares, tutors, etc. to see if they would be interested in buying them.

I bought an entire library (over 10K books) and I ended up selling them to a church.

xx
How do you sell old books?

Started by HomeGrownPromos

5 Replies
Last post October 30, 2013, 01:17:14 PM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
What's the quickest flip you've ever made?

Started by Travis

9 Replies
Last post September 30, 2013, 11:04:39 PM
by calcoastgal
xx
Ithaca 1000-2 Receipt Printers? Where to sell and what to sell them for?

Started by rulesforrebels

1 Replies
Last post May 23, 2011, 11:03:21 PM
by jrossjr79
xx
Books

Started by Fayettenam Man

8 Replies
Last post August 07, 2013, 05:36:50 AM
by parksleyman