Storage Auctions

Read this! This person put out an add to get there stuff back.

Re: Read this! This person put out an add to get there stuff back.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 10:55:03 AM »
How did they get the winners name?

I am going to start using fake names. Last thing I need is the looser who lost the locker calling me trying to get stuff back.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 11:17:27 AM »
How did they get the winners name?

I am going to start using fake names. Last thing I need is the looser who lost the locker calling me trying to get stuff back.

Most of the time using a fake name will work, there are cases you cant use a fake name though. For instance if they ask to xerox copy your Drivers Lic., or if you are using a sales tax permit. In the latter case, use your company name, if you have one, and always use a disposable number to give to the storage facilities. They are not suppose to give that information out to the tenant, however some do give it to them, and then there are other ways that the tenant can get that information being sneaky and what not. I use a google number myself.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 01:32:34 PM »
I like the "God Bless" touch at the end. ::) Throw that guilt trip out there hoping to catch a nibble.

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 01:43:50 PM »
What r the chances this actually works

Offline Boxlot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 02:28:11 PM »
They were looking to buy their stuff back so if they are will to pay the asking price why not ?

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 04:35:29 PM »
I am in the same boat as this person. My entire life was auctioned off illegally.Yes illigeally. I was given no notice or even a change to stop it. I would love someone to help me find the person who purchased my locker in Valencia CA, on October 13. I don't care as much about the material items I just want my memories. My kids pics, my wedding pics. Please can anybody help me. I am devestated. You can laugh but I am serious. Will anyone please help me.  It was @ Valencia Self storage.

Stacy

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 05:25:56 PM »
I am in the same boat as this person. My entire life was auctioned off illegally.Yes illigeally. I was given no notice or even a change to stop it. I would love someone to help me find the person who purchased my locker in Valencia CA, on October 13. I don't care as much about the material items I just want my memories. My kids pics, my wedding pics. Please can anybody help me. I am devestated. You can laugh but I am serious. Will anyone please help me.  It was @ Valencia Self storage.

Stacy

If in fact your belongings were auctioned off illegally (with no notice or a chance to pay your back bills) then you would most likely have legal grounds to pursue information from the storage facility to get the buyers name and phone number.

If on the other hand you did not receive the legal notifications from the storage facility because you changed your address or changed your phone number and did not notify them, THEN that would be on you.

I don't know you or anything about you other than what you are expressing here, but I can't tell you how many times over the last 8 years I have heard former contents owners indicate "they didn't notify me". Property managers get the registered letters back from the post office if they are undeliverable. They keep them on file for instances just like you are describing.

You don't indicate if you have tried to talk to the storage facility about any aspect of this situation. If you did and they couldn't provide you with any proof they had tried to contact you as they should have, THEN AGAIN you have grounds to pursue this legally.

While I realize that most people are not used to (or financially able) to pursue truly legal means, working within the system is the BEST way to pursue such matters no matter what.

If you have ANY KIND of WORKING RELATIONSHIP with the property manager (not having alienated them) at the VERY LEAST I believe THEY would contact the buyer and give the buyer YOUR phone number so he could contact you. On the other hand, if you have a bad rapport with the property manager, you can kiss any such opportunity goodbye.

Let us know all the details (as I have outlined most possibilities above). Maybe there's something we don't know about your situation that would allow us to provide further suggestions.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 07:14:01 PM »
I don't care as much about the material items I just want my memories. My kids pics, my wedding pics.

Did you contact the storage facility to see if the buyer returned your personal items to them? Here in MA, like many other states, it's required by law, but even if it wasn't required by law I would still do it. Call them and ask.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 07:41:23 PM »
I called the number in the post,  sadly they didn't answer.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 07:49:42 PM »
I called the number in the post,  sadly they didn't answer.

As of 5:45 p.m. on Monday, 10/18/2011 the ad was no longer available.

Ad #17711737 not found!

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 07:58:56 PM »
As of 5:45 p.m. on Monday, 10/18/2011 the ad was no longer available.

Ad #17711737 not found!

Maybe he couldn't pay for that either. ::)

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 08:22:40 PM »
Thank you for your response. To answer your questions I was not notified by mail and I have not moved so the address they have is the correct address. I had been making payments to them every 3-4 weeks and the last one was just 3 weeks ago. My brother luckily is an attorney and legal proccedings are already in progress. When I spoke to the facility yesterday I was told "We tried calling your husband last week and he did not call back". I was given the name of the auctioneer but they will no release his phone number. My husband spoke with them today to get a copy of our contract and she did not offer up any helpful information. They were aware of the contents and assured me they WOULD NOT auction it off if I kept making payments. Is there anyway to find out the buyer besides getting it from the storage facility?

Thank You,
Stacy   

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 08:31:53 PM »
Is there anyway to find out the buyer besides getting it from the storage facility?

Not really, because no one wants to put the buyer in the position of having the former unit owner show up on his doorstep. Imagine if you were an unstable individual and showed up with gun in hand. Try to imagine that liability.

You have to remember that the buyer didn't do anything wrong. There was a legal auction, as far as he was concerned, and he was the high bidder. Of course there's nothing stopping the auction house from contacting him and asking if he will return the personal items you're seeking. But that's their call.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 08:45:46 PM »
My brother luckily is an attorney and legal proccedings are already in progress.

Thank You,
Stacy   
If that is the case have him call the auctioneer. Look up the auctioneers web site and see if they state protection to the buyer by doing this or that, and if they offer protection to their buyers they will be responsible along with the storage facility for wrongful Lien, and sale

xx
I WANT MY STUFF BACK...........please, please, please.......

Started by Cheesehead

4 Replies
Last post March 15, 2012, 01:11:49 AM
by alloro
xx
A real noobie question- giving stuff back ???

Started by paulieloafer

6 Replies
Last post April 28, 2011, 07:03:07 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Who's the funniest person on the forum?

Started by Travis

10 Replies
Last post April 03, 2013, 03:31:19 PM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
Meet the Dotsons in Person !