Storage Auctions

Recent Finds From An Auction In Brooklyn

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
Re: Recent Finds From An Auction In Brooklyn
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 11:55:17 AM »

If that's the case, we need to work out a deal bringing furniture from the south up north.

If I had the capital I would.  I see items in Dallas selling for 30%-50% of what they sell for here.
Mostly the rustic "country" stuff.   But to compensate the truck/gas/2-3day drive I'd have to fill the truck.

Wasn't there a show on father/son team.   They spent winters in Florida buying and had a shop in New Hampshire (?) they sold from in summer.......Pasternaks  or something?

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 01:04:42 PM »
Check out a few of the things I found out in Brooklyn last week. http://www.oplockdown.com/category/storage-auction-finds

wow you got some really cool stuff and not just cool in the sense of high dollar value itms because those are a dime a dozen but really intereting items you aren't going to find in stores. i especially like the cow skin rug, is that real leather?

when you find interesting items like that how do you assess the value or even find out what they are if they dont have any markings? im talking mroe about the artwork and scuptures and interesting horn piece nad things like that. if something has markings its easy to do some googling but if not where do you even being?

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013, 07:05:13 PM »
Yea the rug is real. Things I have no clue on I do as much research as possible. Artwork is tricky. If there is no signature it gets real tough. Then you have to see if its an original or a print. Artwork is something I usually bring to a gallery to get checked out.

xx
whats a few of the best things u found at ur most recent auction?

Started by BigBizzz

6 Replies
Last post August 18, 2011, 05:20:15 PM
by jrossjr79
xx
Historical Storage Auction Finds

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post September 12, 2013, 03:17:21 PM
by bwd111
xx
my storage auction finds this week 6/6