Storage Auctions

ST site

Offline Alias

• View Profile
ST site
« on: January 15, 2012, 05:06:27 PM »
Wow. Registered at another storage site. Used an email addy that I've had for years. I get 3-4 spam emails a month. Signed up and with in 7minutes had 26 emails. After 24hrs? 172!!!

Guess I know how they make their money!

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: ST site
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 06:07:14 PM »
Well let us know who to avoid!?

Offline Alias

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 06:17:03 PM »
I didn't want to bash another site but if you must know it was StorageTreasures.

Should add that they list auctions but many I called had no auction going on. Could be legit, facility canceled it. I've only used it one week so....

I'll keep using it (since I'm getting the emails anyway) and let you know how they are.

Anyone else use this site?

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 07:59:54 PM »
Um word. I dont even know why i registered for it. May have been a kin to another site but ya. I still get emails from it

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 08:11:40 PM »
im sure most of all of us have been to that site. I popped on for a little bit to see what they have to offer and that was the last of it.

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 10:42:14 PM »
We always come back home.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 05:18:30 AM »
I registered for it I get about one email a month from them.  I did check the I don't want any updates button.  ;) Unlike here can't get my updates and did click the button.  :(

I find Auctions then go to the ST site double check the address and get the phone number if not listed on the legal notice.  Use it when I hear of a facility in a specific city. Only use it as a directory. Sometimes do it in reverse, Look up area then look for the legals in that county.

A lot of the auctions they list are legit, Some if I didn't see the legal notice I don't bother. They want you to call and then post what you find out. LOL Not going to do that.

Looked at their boards once Lame.

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 08:25:03 AM »
LOL at storage treasures.

They have nothing to offer, at least in my area. the only thing they offer is The biggest auctions run by the biggest auctioneer. IMO, horrible site layout, to much clicking, and not enough activity from the members.

I view storage treasures is just an extension of the lazy man's way of finding auctions.

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 08:28:29 AM »
I'll have to post a email I got one time from storage treasures, read just like a storage wars unit you will see on the show.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 08:50:12 AM »
I'll have to post a email I got one time from storage treasures, read just like a storage wars unit you will see on the show.

That's cause all those people involved with the show are also involved with the site!

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 09:41:41 AM »

That's cause all those people involved with the show are also involved with the site!

Exactly! I knew that, that's why I said that. it just gets old when they jam it down your throat on a website. it's one thing to produce the shows for entertainment value it's another to potentially mislead people to bidding on unit when all the producers say there is good stuff there and great stuff that and never about crap units.

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 12:33:58 AM »
Wow. Registered at another storage site. Used an email addy that I've had for years. I get 3-4 spam emails a month. Signed up and with in 7minutes had 26 emails. After 24hrs? 172!!!

Guess I know how they make their money!

Not true, we dont make money. LOL

If you are really getting junk emails from our site we would really want to know. We set up test accounts all the time and see none of this..

ST

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 12:48:09 AM »
Exactly! I knew that, that's why I said that. it just gets old when they jam it down your throat on a website. it's one thing to produce the shows for entertainment value it's another to potentially mislead people to bidding on unit when all the producers say there is good stuff there and great stuff that and never about crap units.

acman,

You have not spent one second looking at who is behind ST. Sure there are ties to the show, however the owners of the site are the top storage operators in the country and the top lien law attorneys in the storage industry. ST has not sensationalized anything and is still in its early development. The main goal of the site is to make an equal playing field for all.

If you are a true auction hunter you know how the industry works, or more accurately does not work regarding storage auctions. We will have systems in place soon to maximize accuracy, however you are well aware that sometimes just getting a storage facility to answer a phone is challenging, much less update auction hunters.

The site will continue to get better and there are many new tools and resources close to release.

We will continue to work hard for the Auction Hunters,  Auctioneers, Storage Facilities and the Tenant who in in lien. We work to protect all.

ST

Lance Watkins

Offline Boxlot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 05:33:47 AM »
I have not had a problem with spam e-mails at ST.  For a while I thought this was the forum for them.  Then I saw they had their own forum section. 

Now being that this is Storage Auctions Forum how do I get to the storage lockers listings on here ?

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 09:26:37 AM »
acman,

You have not spent one second looking at who is behind ST. Sure there are ties to the show, however the owners of the site are the top storage operators in the country and the top lien law attorneys in the storage industry. ST has not sensationalized anything and is still in its early development. The main goal of the site is to make an equal playing field for all.

If you are a true auction hunter you know how the industry works, or more accurately does not work regarding storage auctions. We will have systems in place soon to maximize accuracy, however you are well aware that sometimes just getting a storage facility to answer a phone is challenging, much less update auction hunters.

The site will continue to get better and there are many new tools and resources close to release.

We will continue to work hard for the Auction Hunters,  Auctioneers, Storage Facilities and the Tenant who in in lien. We work to protect all.

ST

Lance Watkins

I haven't? Funny enough I believe Don Dotson is one of the creators of the website, so no I haven't done my homework at all. I also find it funny enough that a lot of the top auctioneers seem to be staging the units, this has been told to me by people who have been in the auction scene longer than me and not just in my area. Probably isn't it odd that I hear about it's mostly the top auctioneers sites around. Yeah that's $3000 bid we'll get yeah a nice commission. The only playing field  you're leveling is padding your auctioneers commission. your emails from your site telling people what they might find one In every 100 lockers is pretty funny, but also rather pathetic. maybe one of these days you could tell people what this is really like that it's hard work and that you're not always going to find great stuff. Let me see an email like that.

xx
Anyone seeing ST ads on this site?

Started by Travis

21 Replies
Last post February 05, 2014, 03:34:08 AM
by alloro
xx
How can auctioneers use your site?

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post January 29, 2014, 10:11:10 PM
by Travis
xx
Great site!

Started by 1975Picker

0 Replies
Last post December 24, 2010, 12:51:50 PM
by 1975Picker
xx
Hey Florida ..... here's a site some of you may not know about.

Started by MovieMan

2 Replies
Last post May 02, 2011, 10:52:18 PM
by SellsMoore