Storage Auctions

Strange saturday crowd, but got first one!

Strange saturday crowd, but got first one!
« on: September 24, 2011, 10:50:40 AM »
There was only 3 people 9am on sat morning! It was silent bid, got one for $40. Had some bike parts, car rims and electronics! Today was my 8th and I have never seen such a small crowd for a sat. At the next one and it will be at least 50 people, but I'm in the buying mood if they are a decent price.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Strange saturday crowd, but got first one!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 11:55:44 AM »
gratz.  Now you get to clean it out.  Remember buying is the easy part.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 12:29:23 PM »
Gotta love a nice surprise

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 12:37:06 PM »
Congrats.Can't go wrong for 40 dollars.

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 03:49:06 PM »
3 people - oh man I'd of started to wonder if I was in the right place or not.  I love sub $50 units.  I've made money on them.  Not a ton but anytime you can break even or add to your stash it's great.  Happy digging.

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 04:01:03 PM »
Yeah, once you find those little gem places, you keep those to yourself.  I don't think I'd ever post a question on a unit from the first place I bought, again.  Not saying I don't trust people here, I don't trust people to do a simple google search and get tips to my sweet spot.

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 06:49:45 PM »
So acman where is your sweet spot or honey hole at? Or do I just got to go to auctions down by your way to find out?

Grats knoxie. You know up by me the most ive seen is maybe 20 the least is 4 maybe its just the area that the auctions are in that determines the amount of people that will be there.

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 07:25:09 PM »
So acman where is your sweet spot or honey hole at? Or do I just got to go to auctions down by your way to find out?

Grats knoxie. You know up by me the most ive seen is maybe 20 the least is 4 maybe its just the area that the auctions are in that determines the amount of people that will be there.

Sorry terrorbow, thats a bit of info you couldn't pay me to give up! LOL  We will see this month just how Sweet the place will be.  #'s may have been down because of labor day, but I don't think that's the only reason.  I really do think it will be a sweet spot.

Offline Millertime

• I Love Capitalism
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 07:45:11 PM »
Congrats! You never forget your first. ;)

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 07:50:00 PM »
Congrats! You never forget your first. ;)

I sure want to forget about my second! gaaahhhhh

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 05:21:00 PM »
Yeah, once you find those little gem places, you keep those to yourself.  I don't think I'd ever post a question on a unit from the first place I bought, again.  Not saying I don't trust people here, I don't trust people to do a simple google search and get tips to my sweet spot.
Like I was saying prices have dropped. Went to 8 on friday and 7 on saturday and the prices were great. The highest went for 600 and that was for a packed 12x30 unit and the auction company said we could use the dumpsters.

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 02:57:56 PM »
So nothing great in unit. My goal is to break even, and so I did. I'm keeping a couple of paintings or going to garage sale them. Some more garage sale stuff like wires, stereo speakers, luggage. A few e-bay items. All the trash fit into our curbside pick up, so no dumb fee's and the storage facility was only about 3 miles away so no gas wasted. Went to another auction today. Was out bid on a unit, I was willing to go to 200, went for 220 I think. But still have $ in my pocket for some big auctions coming up on 10/15 and 10/17. Also, was told by someone that works in one of the facilities I go to that one of the units going up will have dirt bikes in it. Yippie! we will see if anyone notices, as he told me where it was and that may not be able to see them from the front. We will see...

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 07:54:30 AM »
So nothing great in unit. My goal is to break even, and so I did. I'm keeping a couple of paintings or going to garage sale them. Some more garage sale stuff like wires, stereo speakers, luggage. A few e-bay items. All the trash fit into our curbside pick up, so no dumb fee's and the storage facility was only about 3 miles away so no gas wasted. Went to another auction today. Was out bid on a unit, I was willing to go to 200, went for 220 I think. But still have $ in my pocket for some big auctions coming up on 10/15 and 10/17. Also, was told by someone that works in one of the facilities I go to that one of the units going up will have dirt bikes in it. Yippie! we will see if anyone notices, as he told me where it was and that may not be able to see them from the front. We will see...

Knoxie, I don't know if you are doing this as a hobbie or as a income/business, but I would NOT set your goal to "break even" my friend. That is WAY TOO LOW a goal! You will only aspire to the goals you create for yourself and get what you ask for.

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 10:16:51 AM »
Thanks for the advise. I'm def thinking no guys no glory. When I say break even what I mean that if I can see about $200 showing, I don't want to go over, but I have $, and I need to spend it to make $.

xx
Talk about a small crowd !

Started by MovieMan

5 Replies
Last post April 21, 2011, 12:54:22 PM
by MovieMan
xx
What is the smallest auction crowd you have ever seen?

Started by MovieMan

9 Replies
Last post September 27, 2013, 06:23:31 PM
by Kat612
xx
Saturday auction failure

Started by ChefJ

6 Replies
Last post November 06, 2011, 06:07:20 PM
by craiglstauction
xx
Auctioneer's Strange Habits