Storage Auctions

Suggestion for best place to sell these products?

Suggestion for best place to sell these products?
« on: March 25, 2011, 09:39:55 PM »
Hi Y'all,

I'm debating a yard sale, lot sale on Craigslist, or a flea market stall for a week-end for this stuff I have and would like to know what you all would recommend.

I have five bins of DVDs, approximately 80 dvds per bin, so around 400 dvds total. Split is 70/30 for well-known titles vs. obscure. Most cases are in great shape, some are unopened, and a very few are a bit chewed up (literally, I think a dog got to them), but I can remove them. Complete mix of action/adventure, drama, comedy, not too much scifi.

I also have about 6-7 smaller boxes of cds, maybe 200 cds total. Split is probably 75/25 split pop vs obscure. Cases in good shape. Primarily pop and country, plus celine dion, and the like.

So, if I have a yard sale, I was thinking $3/$5 per dvd depending on known/obscure; $2/$4 cd.  If I did a lot sale on craigslist, I haven't figured out pricing yet.

So, what would you do?

Thanks!

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Re: Suggestion for best place to sell these products?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 08:47:43 AM »
Unless it's a very new or very popular title dvd's go for pretty cheap on ebay so your $3-$5 may be sorta steep if your in any rush to get rid of these, if you don't mind sitting on them for a while I'd say it's doable.

I find that lots sell for pretty good on ebay. A lot of 10-20 dvd's depending upon titles will get you maybe $20 on ebay plus $10 for shipping.

What I would do is give mostly good titles nad throw in a few of the odd ones with each lot, that way your not stuck with a bunch of dvd's nobody has ever heard or or wants to buy at the end.

Lots sell pretty well on ebay and you can get a halfway decent price and get rid of them quickly.

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 10:49:35 AM »
I usually sell most DVD's for $3 each at garage sales/flea market.  CD's $1-$2 each depending on the title.  Usually sell full season TV shows for $10-$20, again, depending on popularity. 

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 05:12:03 PM »
Thanks for all of your responses. I'll have to think on it. Perhaps I'll try a garage sale first, and see what happens. I have a bunch of other stuff to sell, as well, so nothing to lose, other than a few hours of a Saturday. Hmm, sitting in the shade operating a garage sale versus several hours spent in back-breaking labor with a chainsaw in my ongoing battle of trying to clear several acres of mesquite brush and mesquite trees.

Doesn't sound too bad. But I like the lot idea so I need to review the titles again. Most of the DVDs are movies released in the last decade and were popular but I should sort through them again. Same with Cds, I think. Thanks all!

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 05:20:53 PM »
If you do garage sales or flea markets set aside a few good titles to mix into lots.

That way you can do a mixed lot of some good some crappy dvd's otherwise you'll just wind up trashing some of them.

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 09:52:45 PM »
I have to agree, the best way on these smalls like DVD and CD's is to group and bundle by genre, artist age etc and sell them off as a bundle like ten reggae cd's all together for one money..... I've done best that way if you want to turn over your money, make a bit of profit and buy more. I've always found that sitting on something that you are only ging to make another dollar on is worse than selling it for two dollars and moving on. Especially with CD' DVD's Tape's books etc as they lose value as they age versus what they are worth today with few exceptions.

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »
True that ironman. I used to think I gotta get every last dollar out of every item but after sitting on some things having them take up space and then selling them for the same I could have made a few months earlier is a waste. Rather make a little money and clear room for more inventory

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 07:16:20 AM »
I would sell all of the "classics" like "White Chicks" & "How High" and enjoy the rest of them over the next year or so, then sell them.

But if you must sell them quickly, sometimes its better to put an add on Craigslist for everything together. You may have someone who is willing to give you a lump sum and you can avoid wasting your entire day having a garage sale.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 01:05:39 PM »
I sell all my DVDs, books, and CDs on amazon. Some go pretty fast. Just dont list anything under $3.00. It may not be worth it lower than that.

xx
How to efficiently sell products under $10

Started by Travis

20 Replies
Last post July 07, 2014, 12:48:15 AM
by Alias300
xx
Found a new place to sell for free. It is worth trying it.

Started by Mr Andersen

4 Replies
Last post April 25, 2011, 02:15:18 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Can you legally sell tobacco products that are found in storage lockers?

Started by Cobia

15 Replies
Last post February 14, 2012, 02:27:16 PM
by luke
xx
NEED Suggestion ASAP (NOW)

Started by cstore7

7 Replies
Last post September 28, 2013, 11:30:06 AM
by rulesforrebels