Storage Auctions

Take a look at this auction coming up in Anaheim, CA...32 lkrs, 24 pictures !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
This auctioneer does facilities in a spotty fashion around the country in his role as a "property manager" (not the kind who is at the site).

Check out this link which shows partial contents of some 32 lockers in a set of 24 pictures. Some of them look pretty nice and you can bet in southern CA the prices will be high.

auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=1225467&category=0&zip=&kwd=

Did they pull stuff out of the lockers already or something.  Many of those pictures just seem staged to me.  I see only 1 bed and that in plastic wrap.  Even from my limited expirence I see a box spring / matress in about 33% of the units I've seen.  Those all look to be some super nice units compared to what I'm seeing.

Id bid on like 5 of those. Couple nice ones

I'll have to go with Craigslist's reply.....too many, way toooooo many looked staged

For you old timers, how many have seen this much "Neat" packing in one place??

and how does this guy get by with posting pictures of units that haven't seen the auction block
yet??......I could see a lawsuit in the mists....violation of lkr owners privacy rights and such??

Some pretty good looking units in that bunch.......I'd love to bid on a few of those if they were local!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile

and how does this guy get by with posting pictures of units that haven't seen the auction block
yet??......I could see a lawsuit in the mists....violation of lkr owners privacy rights and such??

Turn him in !

U goin?
Im fairly close to anehiem. If u goin maybe ill roll.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
U goin?
Im fairly close to anehiem. If u goin maybe ill roll.

If you mean me, the answer is no. I'm a good 400 miles away (one way). Not my cup of tea.

Ohh central cali..duh

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
I ran into this auctioneer yesterday here in  northern California and he said they sold 26 units for a total of about $16,000. At his commission of 20% that's $3,200 into his account.

No doubt about it, the auctioneers are happy with the crowds and prices !  :o

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: Take a look at this auction coming up in Anaheim, CA...32 lkrs, 24 pictures !
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 11:50:26 AM »
I ran into this auctioneer yesterday here in  northern California and he said they sold 26 units for a total of about $16,000. At his commission of 20% that's $3,200 into his account.

No doubt about it, the auctioneers are happy with the crowds and prices !  :o

lol, well ya. If I knew it was going to be like this a few years ago, I would of went to school to be an auctioneer. Right now is the best time to be a well established auctioneer, banking real good right now.

Re: Take a look at this auction coming up in Anaheim, CA...32 lkrs, 24 pictures !
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 12:45:06 PM »
In the book Millionaire Next Door, being an auctioneer was discussed as one of the best ways of becoming a millionaire. As I recall (its been years since I read the book), there were more millionaires who were auctioneers than there were doctors who were millionaires).

Roadvirus

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2011, 08:32:27 PM »
As I recall (its been years since I read the book), there were more millionaires who were auctioneers than there were doctors who were millionaires.
Auctioneers don't get sued if something goes wrong, so that kinda explains that.

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 09:50:29 AM »
This is the auction where I won my second unit! :)  It was a very long auction. There were only 26 units left but it still took 2 hours. I won the one on the bottom of the pictures with the sled on top for  $250.  It was not a big locker but I should get my money back at least.  The most expensive unit of the day was actually two units sold as one package at about $2100.  The units were packed with beautiful wrapped furniture and it had other antiques.  I went back to unload my locker and found that the guy was pretty happy with his finds.  He said that the grandfather clock in there was worth about $5000.  I actually bid but got cold feet.  I did not think I should spend that much without my husband's knowledge.  He said to call him next time.  We'll see how that goes.

xx
I got an Auction coming up

Started by Sidewinder

11 Replies
Last post July 27, 2011, 11:52:02 PM
by Sidewinder
xx
pictures of units at an upcoming auction

Started by Austin_Harrison

8 Replies
Last post April 29, 2012, 06:55:53 PM
by Liandra
xx
Auction coming up, word on the street is......

Started by CNEBamaMan

8 Replies
Last post October 20, 2011, 05:16:41 PM
by Bandit
xx
What has been the highest number sale lkrs you have seen at one location?

Started by MovieMan

5 Replies
Last post August 16, 2013, 09:29:49 AM
by MovieMan