Storage Auctions

the price of online auctions

the price of online auctions
« on: October 14, 2011, 09:35:03 AM »
Am I right in thinking $1000 is insane to pay for this locker?

storwell.com/storage-auctions/unit-3116

Re: the price of online auctions
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 09:35:48 AM »

also it kinda looks like someone opened all the boxes on top enough to peek in, they look like they've been pryed open

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 10:31:23 AM »
No,No and No!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 11:08:46 AM »

The person bidding may be the former lkr owner (or associates) who KNOW the contents of the two sanitary napkin boxes is ACTUALLY $75,000 in large bills from drug transactions.  ;D

Otherwise, for a 5 x 15 lkr that looks like that $100 might be the going price in central California.

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 11:41:13 AM »
BUY IT!!!!

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 12:02:20 PM »
I wouldnt of paid more than $150 for it. Who knows what is in those boxes. And for that curio I might be able to make $250 on it here.

Im actually looking at all their other past auctions, prices I see seem steep still. Just from looking at the print that says what is in there, havent watched the vids yet.

Unit 4229 sold for $810, I would of stopped at $200. Dont really see anythign special, and more than likely would of passed it up.

Unit 1103 sold for $1810 I probable would of stopped at $1700. Alot of it on a gamble. Gambling that there may be other tools in there and if there is any copper wire, kinda doubt on the wire since it seems for the most part its a carpenter.

Unit 1819 sold for $910, Dont think I would of paid more than $200. Again, not my type of locker, and would of passed on it. Only the moped caught my eye.

Unit 1820 sold for $1460 I would of taken it to $1500, figuring I can make that back just with what I saw, and it is packed.

Unit 4208 sold for $530 I wouldnt of even bidded on it. Only thing I saw was that office chair, which I dont know how to move to get top dollar, and some other I am guessing office furniture. But not sure on what it was, so I would of passed on all of it.

Unit 5960 sold for $1360 wow, they closed the door realyl fast, From what I could tell, yes full of home stereo equipment, but I am thinking its obsolete. So again I would of passed. May have changed my mind if they filmed more than they did.

Unit 3153 sold for $760, me I would of stopped at $600. Lots of solid wood furniture, which I love. Vintage golf clubs, which if in really good condition I would be able to get $200 for it alone. Take me a month or two, but I would get it.

Unit 6336 sold for $340, again pass

unit 2241 sold for $410, $200 my max, could make most my money back with that neon light. Everything else pure gamble.

Unit 656 sold for $995, $1500 easily I would have gone. And ya I know alot of yall say that is too much, but looking at those boxes, seeing vintage games, (bad shape, not worth much, but still vintage, gives an idea what else may be in store) Especially when you take notice of Two Vintage Dolls still boxed. Yes most of this a gamble. And I may get burned. But $1,500 is where I would of taken it.

unit 6243 sold for $440, I dont think I would of paid that much for 3 bikes. Yes from what I can tell, good mountain bikes, that need some TLC. But bikes in my area dont go much over 50 - 100, unless their collectibles.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 12:49:20 PM »
Thought I split it up since it is getting really long, lol :)

unit 5815 sold for $470, pass, these people pretty much paid retail. sad. Expensive barrel of clothes, lol. May got lucky and found hidden treasure in that pile. hope they went through all the pockets.

Unit 2528 sold for $2015, too bad cant use a flashlight in this one. $500. Taken chance on boxes and blue cabinent. At least I know I can make half that back with just the fridge.

unit 2009 sold for $1310, $800 my max. Lots of tools, but pretty bare. Was expecting to see more with the amount I saw bidded on it.

unit 3205 sold for $660, pass

unit 5835 sold for $555, lots of records, but hard to move, nikes look good, but no box. Maybe $250, thats if I even decided to jump with it. Otherwise pass.

There is a current one going, unit 5945, currently bidded at $310, my review:
Propane BBQ Pit, $80
Side by side Fridge, not working $25, working $200
Washer $25 not working, $75 working
Dryer $25 not working, $75 working
Stove $25 not working, $100 working
Propane tank $5
Extension Cord $2
What looks to be liquid detergent, keep, maybe save $3
for that stool, $2
figuring there is something on the other side of fridge next to washer, most likely another home appliance, my guess it would be a dishwasher, $50

So what do I have in total here:$592 at the most. There may be some stuff hidden in the appliances or BBQ pit, not liekly though. But if there is it adds up. Now with that, what is my limit $300. So yes I would of already lost this one. But I will be happy and not pissy about buying a locker for to much money. :)

Any comments?

Did this so the noobies can learn a lil something, and so others can see how I operate.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 01:18:30 PM »
Thought I split it up since it is getting really long, lol :)

unit 5815 sold for $470, pass, these people pretty much paid retail. sad. Expensive barrel of clothes, lol. May got lucky and found hidden treasure in that pile. hope they went through all the pockets.

Unit 2528 sold for $2015, too bad cant use a flashlight in this one. $500. Taken chance on boxes and blue cabinent. At least I know I can make half that back with just the fridge.

unit 2009 sold for $1310, $800 my max. Lots of tools, but pretty bare. Was expecting to see more with the amount I saw bidded on it.

unit 3205 sold for $660, pass

unit 5835 sold for $555, lots of records, but hard to move, nikes look good, but no box. Maybe $250, thats if I even decided to jump with it. Otherwise pass.

There is a current one going, unit 5945, currently bidded at $310, my review:
Propane BBQ Pit, $80
Side by side Fridge, not working $25, working $200
Washer $25 not working, $75 working
Dryer $25 not working, $75 working
Stove $25 not working, $100 working
Propane tank $5
Extension Cord $2
What looks to be liquid detergent, keep, maybe save $3
for that stool, $2
figuring there is something on the other side of fridge next to washer, most likely another home appliance, my guess it would be a dishwasher, $50

So what do I have in total here:$592 at the most. There may be some stuff hidden in the appliances or BBQ pit, not liekly though. But if there is it adds up. Now with that, what is my limit $300. So yes I would of already lost this one. But I will be happy and not pissy about buying a locker for to much money. :)

Any comments?

Did this so the noobies can learn a lil something, and so others can see how I operate.

I did not go to the site myself, but based on what you are quoting it sounds like their is more competition, more time to research the retail value of the items, and a little bit of QVC gambling going on. The last thing I want is to join auctions with more people competing and more time to research information.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 01:48:54 PM »
Pretty much what it amounts too, I am sure most are doing research on every little item that is visible, and alot are taking huge amounts of gamble

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 02:31:55 PM »
The person bidding may be the former lkr owner (or associates) who KNOW the contents of the two sanitary napkin boxes is ACTUALLY $75,000 in large bills from drug transactions.  ;D

Otherwise, for a 5 x 15 lkr that looks like that $100 might be the going price in central California.

Very true! It might be the owner trying to make money on his shed. Online makes me think staged or very weary. I have changed my mind on online

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 02:35:25 PM »

1000 for what. what do you see for a grand. HAHHA You were joking with us! Noone would pay a grand for that crap

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 03:40:58 PM »
I wouldnt of paid more than $150 for it. Who knows what is in those boxes. And for that curio I might be able to make $250 on it here.

Im actually looking at all their other past auctions, prices I see seem steep still. Just from looking at the print that says what is in there, havent watched the vids yet.

Unit 4229 sold for $810, I would of stopped at $200. Dont really see anythign special, and more than likely would of passed it up.

Unit 1103 sold for $1810 I probable would of stopped at $1700. Alot of it on a gamble. Gambling that there may be other tools in there and if there is any copper wire, kinda doubt on the wire since it seems for the most part its a carpenter.

Unit 1819 sold for $910, Dont think I would of paid more than $200. Again, not my type of locker, and would of passed on it. Only the moped caught my eye.

Unit 1820 sold for $1460 I would of taken it to $1500, figuring I can make that back just with what I saw, and it is packed.

Unit 4208 sold for $530 I wouldnt of even bidded on it. Only thing I saw was that office chair, which I dont know how to move to get top dollar, and some other I am guessing office furniture. But not sure on what it was, so I would of passed on all of it.

Unit 5960 sold for $1360 wow, they closed the door realyl fast, From what I could tell, yes full of home stereo equipment, but I am thinking its obsolete. So again I would of passed. May have changed my mind if they filmed more than they did.

Unit 3153 sold for $760, me I would of stopped at $600. Lots of solid wood furniture, which I love. Vintage golf clubs, which if in really good condition I would be able to get $200 for it alone. Take me a month or two, but I would get it.

Unit 6336 sold for $340, again pass

unit 2241 sold for $410, $200 my max, could make most my money back with that neon light. Everything else pure gamble.

Unit 656 sold for $995, $1500 easily I would have gone. And ya I know alot of yall say that is too much, but looking at those boxes, seeing vintage games, (bad shape, not worth much, but still vintage, gives an idea what else may be in store) Especially when you take notice of Two Vintage Dolls still boxed. Yes most of this a gamble. And I may get burned. But $1,500 is where I would of taken it.

unit 6243 sold for $440, I dont think I would of paid that much for 3 bikes. Yes from what I can tell, good mountain bikes, that need some TLC. But bikes in my area dont go much over 50 - 100, unless their collectibles.

Thanks for the info!  I thought it was going for a lot.  lckr 1819 I actually purchased for $910.  It's full of solid wood furniture, got 1 table w/2 leafs, 6 chairs, a really nice china hutch (solid wood, nice inlays, lights in the top), 1 solid wood sleigh bed, 3 night tables, 2 dressers (1 new 1 old, both solid wood), 1 large framed mirror, 1 large picture, and found a china set that I couldn't find an exact match for the style on replacements.com but found some similiar by the same maker for $400+ for the set.  I actually wanted most of the furniture for myself so I feel like I got a pretty good deal considering it would have cost me $2000+ to pick up the stuff retail (I'm a noobie to lcker auctions)

The scooter is worthless, cheap china crap, and the RC hummer is worth around $100, and a pair of binoculars going for around $50 used on ebay..  All the boxes had junk papers in it more then I've ever seen.

Oh yea and about $1 jamaican cash, which works out to about $0.01 USD..

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 05:15:54 PM »
Thanks for the info!  I thought it was going for a lot.  lckr 1819 I actually purchased for $910.  It's full of solid wood furniture, got 1 table w/2 leafs, 6 chairs, a really nice china hutch (solid wood, nice inlays, lights in the top), 1 solid wood sleigh bed, 3 night tables, 2 dressers (1 new 1 old, both solid wood), 1 large framed mirror, 1 large picture, and found a china set that I couldn't find an exact match for the style on replacements.com but found some similiar by the same maker for $400+ for the set.  I actually wanted most of the furniture for myself so I feel like I got a pretty good deal considering it would have cost me $2000+ to pick up the stuff retail (I'm a noobie to lcker auctions)

The scooter is worthless, cheap china crap, and the RC hummer is worth around $100, and a pair of binoculars going for around $50 used on ebay..  All the boxes had junk papers in it more then I've ever seen.

Oh yea and about $1 jamaican cash, which works out to about $0.01 USD..

Keeping most of the furniture yourself for that unit, and knowing that is what you were going to do, would of been a good investment. Didnt see the bed, if I did I would of paid more for the locker. Still dont think I would of paid as much as you did. But either way, like you said, you were going to keep most of it for yourself, and it would of cost you more on retail level. So all in all you did well. :)

xx
Beckett Online Price Guide

Started by craiglstauction

3 Replies
Last post November 07, 2011, 08:23:02 PM
by craiglstauction
xx
Antique and Collectibles - online price guide

Started by rollinradios

4 Replies
Last post September 05, 2011, 01:47:33 AM
by Jumpinomega
xx
Quick price app to use at auctions and for listing

Started by Bane

1 Replies
Last post February 22, 2012, 03:47:20 PM
by monkeybusiness
xx
Is it more advantageous to start an eBay auction at a low price or higher price?

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post January 13, 2014, 12:44:21 PM
by StorageAuctionFinds