Storage Auctions

The self storage business gave out my name and phone # to owner of Stuff I won!

The self storage business gave out my name and phone # to owner of Stuff I won! The storage business called us about the man wanting some movie tapes (his son just died) .... No problem, they gave us his phone # and email .... BUT, he calls us 1st....they gave him our name and phone # .... He now wants more of his stuff .... Is ther any recourse against this business ..... This situation is now scary, the man is from the city, he lost his stuff, he is getting pushy for us to give him his things....we are really upset!!!!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
First, for you:

If it's already becoming a problem, let the police know this guy is bugging you. The earlier you do that the better; then if things start heating up you will have let them know ahead of time and a history of his contacts can be built.

Whether you let HIM know you have done that (or will do that) you will have to figure out for yourself. Depending on his personality and how you let  him know, it could stop it dead in its tracks or could make it worse.

Second, for everyone else:

Let anyone you know from the auctions that the prop mgr did this bad thing. Let the auctioneer know as well. When this happens, all those who know will bring pressure to bear and you can bet it won't happen again to someone else.

I have found that for the most part the prop mgrs are not the brightest bulbs in the box, though of course some are great and some are in the middle when thinking things through. Any mgrs who read this, don't get upset....YOU are the exception.

Thanks "movieman" .... Will definitely let storage manager know the inappropriateness of his action and warn all my new "storage war" friends!!!! ....as far as calling the cops, I will inform the man that I was a State Trooper for 26 years and will not tolerate any of his nonsense.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
....as far as calling the cops, I will inform the man that I was a State Trooper for 26 years and will not tolerate any of his nonsense.

That ought to do it ! Do you get to keep your badge when you leave?  I got a correctional officer locker that had a lot of uniforms, etc, including a nice, black, basketweave badge/id holder...no badge though ! Also if you had a "nightstick" the mere sight of that would deter me !

Just starting this "storage war" stuff .... Just loving it ..... This situation is disappointing, but will not stop future auctions....will just have to take my taser with meeee (jk)
Good luck in your future auction adventures....

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Just starting this "storage war" stuff .... Just loving it ..... This situation is disappointing, but will not stop future auctions....will just have to take my taser with meeee (jk)
Good luck in your future auction adventures....

Yes, it is fun....especially in the beginning....later the fun is still there but it becomes more like work when you do it on a regular, on-going basis.

People who carry large sums of money to these auctions often have some kind of defense mechanism along with them whether it's legal in their state or not.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
I will add this, make sure you get a google number or some other call forwarding service with an anonymous number. And let all transactions go to that number. Your contact info for the storage facilities, CL ads or the like. Anything and everything. So when this does happen, all you have to do is change your google number, cost is $10 to change it. Beats having to change your personal or business number and end up losing lot more contacts then just a few sales channels.

to add to jross79's theres also 'call blocker'. its usually a free service through your phone company. you just need to have the number you want blocked and once its in place you wont be bothered by that number anymore and you will still have all your contacts without losing money with google numbers or any of the like.
    the only reason i know about this is cause of my ex. she blocked me after she cheated on me with her ex husband lol.

[
    the only reason i know about this is cause of my ex. she blocked me after she cheated on me with her ex husband lol.
[/quote]

YOUR ex cheated on you with HER EX HUSBAND??? sorry, but lmfao! Then she blocks YOU?

What a piece of work she is!

Offline Bandit

• View Profile
    • Storage Battles
    • Email
   We just use an old TracFone  for Craig's list etc. that We had for emergencies and our plan  automatically doubles the time when we buy any minutes.
( $ 10.00 gives Us 60 min. )  ( plus it is totally untraceable )
Anonymous Bandit

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
to add to jross79's theres also 'call blocker'. its usually a free service through your phone company. you just need to have the number you want blocked and once its in place you wont be bothered by that number anymore and you will still have all your contacts without losing money with google numbers or any of the like.

Ya but they can still harass you from any other phone.

Once you have there number its time for a cell phone aplication called " bluff my call " with it you can change your phone number to any you wish to show up on there caller I.D. like 911 then you can change your voice to the other sex with it and return there call.  And let them play bluff my call when 911 calls and questions them im sure the calls would stop LMAO expecialy when you ask what they have been telling the teenaged child they been talking to at your number and let them know there calls will be monitored for any future calls made to your number.. BWAHAHAHAHA... Oh the fun to be had with these folks...

Yea My hick town has never been the same since I got it.

I use mailboxes for my address also.Can't be to careful.

question
Tax write off as business owner

Started by Alias300

15 Replies
Last post December 08, 2020, 06:45:27 AM
by Storage
moved
MOVED: Tax write off as business owner

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2014, 10:11:38 PM
by Travis
xx
Has anyone ever bid by phone at a storage auction?

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post January 29, 2013, 01:08:01 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Gave up on my quest for junk silver

Started by rulesforrebels

3 Replies
Last post April 21, 2011, 05:45:50 PM
by MovieMan