Storage Auctions

The WOW Factor

Re: The WOW Factor
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 10:53:55 AM »
You should be able to at least tripple your money on that locker.
Good buy!

You could contact these guys and find out if they are willing to make you and offer.

http://www.sunriseoffice.net/

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 11:18:43 AM »
You should be able to at least tripple your money on that locker.
Good buy!

You could contact these guys and find out if they are willing to make you and offer.

sunriseoffice.net/

Hey Thanks!

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 11:23:43 AM »
Actually, I do see the desks in the back of the photo....are they solid wood...they look like veneer.
You might be able to get $40-$60 each on the ones made of MDF & veneer. Nobody wants them anymore because they are so heavy and out of style. They make great work benches or shop tables.

Ha...I disagree..but we shall see soon....HON filing cabinets retain their resale value very well and sell new for $400 to $600.....

The desks are part of the Sauder Cornerstone Executive collection and are still being sold new today by many office furniture dealers for $300 to $400 each

I see similar items on CL in Tampa here for $200+ on the HON filing cabinets and $150+ on the desks
I will obviously ask less than this but ....I have 14 of the HON shelving units and they are $385 each new.
There is not a single one for sale on CL within 300 miles of here and I have 14 to sell

I am predicting $1500 to $1800 at quick sale prices

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2011, 11:43:34 AM »
Like i said, you should at least tripple your money on this locker.
I like the fact that you don't jump on the first value you get, it always pays to ask around.

The biggest misstake you can do is to take what everyone tells you for a fact.
I have seen people taking advise on value and sold it for that, just to discover that that the value was much higher.

Also i see a red line here, when it comes to value setting.

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 12:00:07 PM »
Like i said, you should at least tripple your money on this locker.
I like the fact that you don't jump on the first value you get, it always pays to ask around.

The biggest misstake you can do is to take what everyone tells you for a fact.
I have seen people taking advise on value and sold it for that, just to discover that that the value was much higher.

Also i see a red line here, when it comes to value setting.

It is amazing the difference of opinions on the value of items right?  haha   With my apparel biz in the beginning everything I bought (lots and trailer loads) that I thought would be a home run always turned out mediocre and all the stuff we bought on a whim or as an afterthought always sold like mad.....

Therefore, I learned long ago to take my own personal opinion of goods or the opinions of others in the business and to just do your due diligence on what the current market is getting overall for similar goods and go with that

I'm looking right now at an FDIC bank liquidation of over 1,000 pieces of office furniture, all branded, high end and I may be able to buy HON filing cabinets for as little as $6...if you can believe that

Going to look at 5,000 more sq ft here in a few hours on a month to month to hold it.  It would be multiple semi loads full as it is all so big

I may be my own Sunrise Office in no time   

Go BIG or Go HOME!! 8)

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 04:53:40 PM »
Good luck....I know how much this stuff retails for new, but the problem is that you have 40 other people on Craigslist selling the exact same thing for peanuts. Its supply and demand. And there isn't much demand, especially in a recession.

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 05:17:00 PM »
Good luck....I know how much this stuff retails for new, but the problem is that you have 40 other people on Craigslist selling the exact same thing for peanuts. Its supply and demand. And there isn't much demand, especially in a recession.

According to CL in Tampa area where he is, there is 2 adds for the same type of stuff. Other brands though.
And from what i can see, they are not dumping any of their prices. So where do you see 40 others in Tampa area on CL?

Also, a friend of mine here in Memphis bought a complete office last week (18 filling cabinets, 12 desks, 14 phonesystems, + shelving and etc) , from a company that went out of business.
He put two adds in the paper and it was gone in 3 days. He made a whopping 4K in 3 days on phone systems, office furniture and filling cabinets.  (I got 3 really nice bankers lamps from that sale)

So i don't know how you can sit there and say it will be hard to sell, and that the prices will be rock bottom. How can you?? have you sold any products like that lately??

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 07:33:13 PM »
There are always businesses starting, expanding and moving, no matter what the economy....and Mr. A is right....there are only a handful of HON items on CL in Tampa for all of March and the sellers are ALL asking TOP Dollar....I don't know...other than to tell you that Geographic areas differ widely.

Maybe Houston still has the Enron Flu??

Seriously... houston just may be a tougher market for these types of goods, it is much larger and there were more failures so the market may be flooded there?

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 09:00:15 PM »

It's amazing how many people are starting businesses in the crappy economy.  And. a lot of those people are being smart with their cash and buying good used furniture instead of springing for new stuff.  It's a great market for good quality used office furniture right now.  I would take all of it I can get for a decent price, it seems to sell quickly and for a fair amount of money!

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 12:38:22 AM »
It's amazing how many people are starting businesses in the crappy economy.  And. a lot of those people are being smart with their cash and buying good used furniture instead of springing for new stuff.  It's a great market for good quality used office furniture right now.  I would take all of it I can get for a decent price, it seems to sell quickly and for a fair amount of money!

Hey Thanks!  I just finally listed most of it on CL at top dollar...so we will soon see the interest  ;D

Even at rock bottom prices, I think $3K is very real...for all of it

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 01:38:23 PM »
Looks good man, how many people did you have in it until the end? You'll easily make money of it! keep up the good work!

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 03:03:36 PM »
Looks good man, how many people did you have in it until the end? You'll easily make money of it! keep up the good work!

Hey thanks ...only me and one other guy wanted the stuff

UPDATE:  Have sold 2 filing cabinets and 2 desks for a total of $500  so I'm almost at break even and I have like 95% of the stuff left to sell  ...haha

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 03:07:08 PM »
Another WOW !

Sounds like you're on track to some good $ returns on your office furniture. Next time I get some I'll ship it to Tampa !

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 05:46:28 PM »
Another WOW !

Sounds like you're on track to some good $ returns on your office furniture. Next time I get some I'll ship it to Tampa !

Haha  Yea, I'm trying to buy more at a huge liquidation auction on Monday!  I have gotten a good number of calls and emails on the stuff from CL so there are some buyers.....in all cases it was new offices opening or moving to bigger offices.....there is hope for this economy after all!!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 11:00:11 PM »
Haha  Yea, I'm trying to buy more at a huge liquidation auction on Monday!  I have gotten a good number of calls and emails on the stuff from CL so there are some buyers.....in all cases it was new offices opening or moving to bigger offices.....there is hope for this economy after all!!

Did you score at the liquidation auction ?

xx
Looking for the Wow Factor in Columbus Ohio

Started by billbill

4 Replies
Last post July 23, 2011, 07:41:29 PM
by AuctionFace
xx
The "Safe" factor...

Started by beauzero

11 Replies
Last post August 16, 2012, 08:39:36 AM
by beauzero