Storage Auctions

Tracking Log

Tracking Log
« on: November 28, 2011, 05:54:05 PM »
I was wondering if anyone is willing to share their items bought/sold tracking log.  I'm in the process of formating an excel spreadsheet to keep better stats on my items bought and sold, but I figured I would save some time by asking the group.  I remember seeing one on here before, but I cant find the post.  Thanks for your help. 

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Tracking Log
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 06:58:44 PM »
I was wondering if anyone is willing to share their items bought/sold tracking log.  I'm in the process of formating an excel spreadsheet to keep better stats on my items bought and sold, but I figured I would save some time by asking the group.  I remember seeing one on here before, but I cant find the post.  Thanks for your help. 

Yep, you could save time, but you're using up my time.

Go to the search button and type in "Excel".  Your answer is in the 4th item down if you do this search today, Monday, November 28, 2011.

It is reply #151 in a long-standing thread.

By the way, the "search" advice I just gave you is what I have been doing for another "new member" here, but he has NINE posts !  ;)

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 07:48:49 PM »
Dang MovieMan the last 5 posts I've read of yours have had the words 'search button' in them  :D

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 07:58:58 PM »
Dang MovieMan the last 5 posts I've read of yours have had the words 'search button' in them  :D

It might be a record in one day.... LOL

Go to the search button and type in "Excel".  Your answer is in the 4th item down if you do this search today, Monday, November 28, 2011.

It is very helpful mine is still not complete but very helpful.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 08:12:19 PM »

You think that's bad....I haven't mentioned the "newbie" who asked if I would help him clean out a locker. I nearly broke my back falling down with laughter !

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 08:57:03 PM »
Sounds good thanks for your help.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 09:01:09 PM »
You think that's bad....I haven't mentioned the "newbie" who asked if I would help him clean out a locker. I nearly broke my back falling down with laughter !

lol, should of told them if you help him clean out his stuff that you will charge him for his time, either in goods, which you get to pick what you will keep, or with money.

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 09:04:53 PM »

Couldnt help but laugh from that. About a month ago I bought a locker, was pretty crappy over-all. Another regular had bought one too, and he came over and asked me to help him move the furniture pieces out (pretty old fellow). I ended up making more from the stuff he gave me from helping than I did from my own locker.  :P

Still, thats the kind of stuff 'regulars' do for each other, but a complete noob? Fat chance buddy!

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 05:56:35 AM »

That could have won the $10,000 on AFV... Wished I could have seen that...  :D :D :D :D

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 08:29:55 AM »
CK - everyone does a few different things.  Mostly you keep track of spent, sold, and if you want "kept value" for those items you keep for yourself / family.

Myself - I also try and keep a general tab of what sales I do at the flea and date.  Working to build a database so I can look for trends.  Since I'm still learning the market in my area it helps me find the best price point for sales vs profit.

Movieman - I wish I could of seen the look of surprise, shock, or outrage on your face before you tried to die laughing at the guy.

I'll answer questions many days for new people.  Specially since I still consider myself a newbie.  That is as far as I'll help them.  For most of the regulars / old newbies like myself I'll pitch in some labor if they need it.  Many times it's just each of us looking in a locker one or the other won as we are curious about X item or such.  Many times I'll sel items to other regulars for cheap.  They can make a profit from said items and I don't have to deal with them (furniture mostly).

xx
Tracking Your Profits

Started by Travis

13 Replies
Last post July 14, 2013, 02:36:35 AM
by blaknite
xx
Tracking Possible Multiple Lockers Owned by Same Person

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post January 09, 2014, 12:00:46 PM
by calcoastgal
xx
Do Your Customers Receive Automated Emails From Paypal with Tracking Numbers?

Started by rulesforrebels

2 Replies
Last post January 25, 2014, 03:07:54 PM
by rulesforrebels