Storage Auctions

weekend auctions?

weekend auctions?
« on: December 04, 2011, 01:30:13 PM »
Why dont you see storage locker auctions on the weekend? Or am i just not looking in the right places?

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Re: weekend auctions?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 01:43:29 PM »
If you are finding Auctions then you are looking in the right place. We have only found one or two Auctions on the weekends. Others have quite a few. So could just be your area, or they only do it once a month.

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 05:10:31 PM »
You really don't want to hit weekend auctions.  They are normally 2-3X the number of people there.  In my area there is only 1 facility that does a saturday auction once a month.  Not holding any in december.  Everyone else is M-F and normally between 9 - 11 start times.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 08:59:15 PM »
Very good point thanks

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 10:01:12 PM »
One of my biggest scores was a weekend night auction

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 10:52:11 PM »
Most the auctions in our area are weekend.

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 11:35:28 AM »
I've seen very few weekend auctions in my neck of the woods. That said, I haven't attended a weekend auction yet.

I'm sure at some point I will go to a Saturday auction and end up wishing I hadn't.   ;)

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 11:54:43 AM »
Weekend auctions are ok other then the crowds.  Where during the week you can do 5 lockers or so in 30 -45 mins - it will take you twice that or longer due to all the looky loos.  I've purchased 3 units on the saturday auction that goes on once a month.  Of course it was silent.  Starting in January they are going to a live format - so we will see what happens then.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 03:26:07 PM »
You really don't want to hit weekend auctions.  They are normally 2-3X the number of people there.  In my area there is only 1 facility that does a saturday auction once a month.  Not holding any in december.  Everyone else is M-F and normally between 9 - 11 start times.
Exactally! Biggest crowds are either right after they watch there auction shows and that light goes off in there head saying I can do this just like what I saw on tv or they wait for the weekend due to there 9-5 job. But love to go to the weekend auction to listen to see who's new to jack up the prices on a below average unit. (People love to pay retail) reason I do this as well as other is to get them not to come back. How many of you get sick where all you hear is new people talking about that stupid auction show all the time and the smart ass that has to yell YEP cause they say it on tv. Well look how big poker became after it was broadcast on tv. Monkey see Monkey do.

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 08:40:58 PM »
I suspect that weekend auctions aren't common because the bottom line is that the storage auctions are a normal part of buiness. The auctioneer is in business, the storage owner is in business, and the regular bidders are in business.

Also, weekends would be the time when many storage tenants are accessing their units. I'd rather imagine a hoard of auction seekers would have a rather distrupting effect on the normal activities of Saturday morning at the units.

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 11:28:44 PM »
I suspect that weekend auctions aren't common because the bottom line is that the storage auctions are a normal part of buiness. The auctioneer is in business, the storage owner is in business, and the regular bidders are in business.

Also, weekends would be the time when many storage tenants are accessing their units. I'd rather imagine a hoard of auction seekers would have a rather distrupting effect on the normal activities of Saturday morning at the units.
Ya. Exactly this.

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 10:52:41 PM »
I made it to all Three weekend online auctions. Saturdays wasn't a lot, killed a little time. First 1 these days was a bunch of rubbish, I have sufficient, and so i left. Public sale #3, high midday begin time, I believed it could come out alright. Did not see a lot at first. Reach speaking with owners son. Informs me their father, right now departed, accustomed to develop violins in the free time. Really states I. Yea, all the wooden in the old outbuilding is going to be offered. So I proceed take a look, not necessarily a bad put of wooden. Maple of kind types. Don't want to look too hard, others are watching. Also, bunch of Walnut in the attic of the storage.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 11:17:01 PM »
Reply above by Clovis.

Gobblegook....at this time 9:15 Pacific on 12 7 2011 he has made three posts and they are increasingly
ludicrous.

What's up Clovis?  Looking to get booted off this forum?  You've made a good start.

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 11:23:20 PM »
Reply above by Clovis.

Gobblegook....at this time 9:15 Pacific on 12 7 2011 he has made three posts and they are increasingly
ludicrous.

What's up Clovis?  Looking to get booted off this forum?  You've made a good start.

Following MovieMan's responses to Clovis' gibberish has given me a nice laugh before going to bed. Thanks, guys!!

xx
Weekend Auctions?

Started by TonyT

23 Replies
Last post March 12, 2011, 08:02:26 PM
by Drew
xx
First weekend of the month.

Started by craiglstauction

5 Replies
Last post May 07, 2012, 08:07:48 PM
by craiglstauction