Storage Auctions

Well....now I can relax~

Well....now I can relax~
« on: May 05, 2012, 07:44:25 PM »
After landing the $725 unit I was a bit worried.  I knew the value was there, but so much of it was iffy~2 refrigerators, 2 gas dryers, lots of EXTRA large furniture.....a bit rough and the pool table.  Did they work, was everything complete & of course....the limited market thing.

Remember we had to rent a box truck to haul this load so we ended up at just over $800 total invested.
We recouped that yesterday.  Had a crappy day at the flea today (only $200) and we sweltered.....spring is now over in Southern Arizona~

Well....we just sold the pool table for $650!!!
Still have 1 fridge, 90% of the furniture and all the cabling equipment~which may have some serious value if I can find the 'right' buyer~

I love this business, but I can never fully enjoy a locker until it's paid in full~then....yeeeee ha!!!

;D

Re: Well....now I can relax~
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 08:02:07 PM »
Congrats rockin!

(They say "Yee Haw" in Arizona?  I thought that was only here in the mid-South!  :-\ :-\)

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 08:13:12 PM »

(They say "Yee Haw" in Arizona?  I thought that was only here in the mid-South!  :-\ :-\)

Of course not....we say "Yee HA!"  that haw stuff is strictly in your neck o' the woods~

8)

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 05:58:28 AM »

I love this business, but I can never fully enjoy a locker until it's paid in full~then....yeeeee ha!!!

;D

With you there Rockin. My cut up table if I sell will be the only profit on a break even locker.  ::)

NO Haw in Arizona????   :-\

Congrats on the sales.

No selling this weekend for us. We have been in the low 90's past two weeks and no rain. (the rain is what makes Florida bearable it will cool it off by 20 degrees, only if it comes after 3:00 PM)  :D

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 09:15:57 AM »
I totally get what you mean. From the time you pay for the unit until the break even sale there's always that feeling of concern and the minute you break even and realize you still have stuff to sell a huge weight is lifted off your shoulders. My favorite units are the ones where there's one nice item you can sell immediately to get over the hump.

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 09:33:05 AM »
Yep~but usually that one nice item is a 'niche' sell.  The last two units:
1 1986 Yamaha Big Wheel
1 Olhausen 8ft pool table

Neither is an easy sell in this economy, but price it right and the buyer will show!

Now I'm jonsing for a nice 'smalls' unit.  You know~blenders, microwaves and GOLD!!!
Last two were guys lockers.......I need a girls one~ 8)

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 07:49:18 PM »
Gratz Rockin on a great unit.  That does make life easier when you can break even quickly and still know you have a bunch of stuff to go.  We just had to make the drive back out to my daughter's unit.  The cloths are ok but nothing I saw to really make any money.  However, the shoes I think will sell and make her break even or even make money.  A number of low end high-heel shoes that I call "hooker shoes".  A pair of Timberland boots, a size 8.5 fake leather boots, and to top it off a almost new looking pair of Nike Air Max ($80+ new) shoes.  Figure $4-$10 per pair of shoes/boots and she has 8 in boxes and a tote with other shoes and baby shoes.  The money maker will be the VW electric car.  It even had the charger in it (surprise).  So if that charges up and running that is her money.

I want some guy units.  I keep getting the girl stuff....of course is what I get with 2 daughters, one that always goes with me to auction and the other is starting to join in.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 04:11:47 PM »
good stuff