Storage Auctions

What am I missing..

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
What am I missing..
« on: June 17, 2014, 03:33:29 PM »
I really don't see the value in this locker to warrant the current bid.

I like that it's all neat and stuff, but a pressure washer, some decent shelving, plenty of plastic bins (If you can take it back), used clothes, cheap bike, used old electronics, possible blue ray player and Christmas supplies just don't seem to warrant it.

URL Removed - Dead Link

Offline House of Treasures

• We Buy Junk We Sell Antiques
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What am I missing..
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 04:49:37 PM »
I agree, someone did store there stuff neatly and the unit is clean. $650- $700 max. It will probably go for $1200 by the time it is over.

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 05:22:31 PM »
I think they are seeing the brand name electronics boxes and taking a gamble that they are in there. If they were products purchased by the tenant, they bought a lot of expensive electronics. Who knows where they got the boxes though, and more likely than not they do not have the original electronics in them. My assesment is either they are taking a big gamble, or they have inside information on what is in the unit.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 06:09:29 PM »
I agree with sotrageauctionfinds. I do see something that caught my attention if I was a hockey fan though. There is a box of signed pucks. Now I know nothing about hockey so I couldn't tell you if that kind of stuff is worth money but I am betting if the right signature is on one of them it could be worth a lot. I wouldn't pay anything near the price on it but someone else... Just my two cents.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 06:16:03 PM »
There appears to be a pressure washer wand and possibly a pressure washer (you can see the handles) in the unit. Also, do you think the small brief case is a pistol case?

Offline House of Treasures

• We Buy Junk We Sell Antiques
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 07:53:54 PM »
Lets have a little contest, closest guess to final selling price on this unit. Mine is $1,200. All entries must be in tomorrow by 9pm.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 10:41:08 PM »
My guess is that it doesn't go much if any higher than it is....and the high bidder doesn't show up to pay!  ;D

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 09:09:54 AM »
It is really neatly stacked and shows care.  Also the hangers are the nicer wooden ones.  I don't think it is to much of a gamble if you have a venue to sell all of that. You should be able to get a grand for everything with the upside of something really nice in there.   It would take minimal work to get everything out since they are all stacked and boxed.  This person clearly took care of their stuff, now that doesn't meant he Dr Dre Beats are in the box or any of the electronics. 
My guess would be $1100 and I certainly think it is overpriced but you can still make a small profit or small loss.  Upside could be a gun case and nice china silverware in the bins. 

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 11:08:26 AM »
I did some more research on this, the person who owned it downsized to a small condo. I have a feeling those are just the boxes for the items. The real items are in his condo.

Since condo's are small, I can see putting your extra Jackets, Christmas stuff, other miscellaneous items into a unit for storage.

The signed puck is most likely a panthers player, since he has a panther sweat shirt on the rack.

I doubt I would store my gun in a unit, I rather have that at my house. So all the extra stuff he put in here not to clutter his new home.

The thing is making a small profit sucks, for the amount of work it takes. If I can't triple my money, it's not worth the effort.

I just don't see 3k sitting in there, I can be wrong, the boxes can contain all the items and their can be some hidden gems.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 11:45:55 AM »
for anyone who has done this awhile you KNOW the stuff isnt in those boxes. seeing that this is a 10x10 i wouldnt go to $1000, don't get me wrong it is a nice unit but hard for me to bid on stuff not there. although the briefcases ARE interesting. I'm also guessing there are a LOT of newer players and first timers doing this online, making the price go quite a bit higher. Almost looks like it could be a setup except there are 3 other units available at the same place(doesnt mean it isnt, just less likely). I DONT like the fact that they DONT have a cleaning deposit. that being said, if it were live id bid on it. Not sure how high. Its hard to get an idea how much is in there when you never get a shot through the front doors. Its all angles on sections, I think it makes it look bigger.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 12:18:15 PM »
I think whoever buys this unit is going to be sadly disappointed. To me, this has a "I just cleaned out my spare room" feel to it. Looks like it has a lot of seasonal items. I have a feeling this person just saved all of their boxes and most will be empty.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 12:19:18 PM »
It's not packed, it's just stuff on the left and right side and one side is full of Christmas trash.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 07:12:19 PM »
I agree, someone did store there stuff neatly and the unit is clean. $650- $700 max. It will probably go for $1200 by the time it is over.

You're right!

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 09:39:05 PM »
$1,610.00 so far with 19 hours left. Something smells fishy here.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 09:58:40 PM »
This may not be the case here, but I have heard where people who do live storage auctions and do the online auctions have figured out each others "handle" or buyer name and have taken to running each other up on the online auctions when they recognize each other as being the current high bidder.

xx
Missing in action...

Started by money4nothing

15 Replies
Last post October 25, 2012, 04:27:30 AM
by money4nothing