Storage Auctions

What do you all think about Glendon Cameron's books and videos?

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
Re: What do you all think about Glendon Cameron's books and videos?
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2011, 03:42:31 PM »
It is clear you only read what you wanted to, I am not a kiss ass and some of these comments about me were very offensive racially ( ebonics, ghetto) I guess those are okay???  If you think that is " constructive" you might want to look up the word to fully understand its meaning. In what way did I threaten you?   My posts were very clear, if we are going to let the game go on with no calls, then by all means let it go all out. I went after the one that went after me and engaged the others in dialogue . As for defending myself, I am not , I am pretty much calling a spade a spade. So many people want something for nothing......I was asked to come here, think on that.
Well people see the tv show then they do research on the net see your book and you make bank. Great idea. Seems like people that read your book and either get dumb or dumber. Do you take a good dump?? Now thats stupid by his book and use the paper as ***wipe.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2011, 10:21:09 PM »
I've spent quite a few hours watching the videos.  It certainly helps that I am running around in the same territory that he was in when he was still buying.  The flea markets and storage facilities are the same that I am still traveling to when I have time.  I have heard that he likes to lead you through one book to entice you into purchasing the next, which in my opinion is a good marketing strategy.
I am sure he had to compete with sterling and wes and some of the other "whales" that I have to deal with all ofthe time.
Either way the videos are great because they are free.  I personally don't think I would purchase a product, although 6 months ago I had considered it.

Why are people getting so up tight about this.   I'm happy he stopped by.

P.S. Glendon, you articulate yourself much better in your videos.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2011, 07:38:50 AM »
I've spent quite a few hours watching the videos.  It certainly helps that I am running around in the same territory that he was in when he was still buying.  The flea markets and storage facilities are the same that I am still traveling to when I have time.  I have heard that he likes to lead you through one book to entice you into purchasing the next, which in my opinion is a good marketing strategy.
I am sure he had to compete with sterling and wes and some of the other "whales" that I have to deal with all ofthe time.
Either way the videos are great because they are free.  I personally don't think I would purchase a product, although 6 months ago I had considered it.

Well since your "name dropping" in the Atlanta area, who are you?  ;D Who are the other "whales" in Atlanta besides Sterling and Wes? I know Sterling and know of Wes, but don't go to auctions in Atlanta, yet...  ;)

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2011, 09:45:40 AM »
Assuming that was really Glendon Cameron responding (and we really don't know that it was, do we?), I have lost all respect for him.
What kind of loser jumps on the forum and right away starts threatening to sue someone?
Props to Drew for leaving "Glendon's" criticism of Drew's auction list on the forum. I sincerely doubt if someone made the same comments about Glendon's products on Glendon's website, they would be there long.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2011, 10:19:40 AM »
I don't think you can register for his site unless you pay dollars.  I wouldn't pay upwards of 50 bucks to antagonize someones work.  Unfortunately here we all have to deal with it.

« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2011, 04:26:57 PM »
I've only watched his YouTube videos and I like the scenarios he gives. That's really what I've been looking for and haven't found from watching the shows. The questions I had about the storage auction biz really pertain to something I have to find out on my own (what's the average bid? where do I find auctions? should I hire people?, etc.)

If you want to be successful in business, you take chances, spend money, lose money, learn from it, etc. I don't believe you can become successful from buying a book or watching videos.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2011, 01:38:43 AM »
Honestly I think yall really need to lay off of Glendon, granted I didnt much like the idea of the threats of suing people. But I can see it from his side on that as well. Seems to me that some people are just mad because they didnt do what he did before he did it. Honestly speaking he jumped ship from doing auctions just in time, with the tv shows being a hit, people googling on how to cash in on it, and the hoardes of noobies trying to go out and make a dime into $20. GC has a good marketing strategy of enticing his customers just enough to want more. And I believe that is just about what anybody would do. I know I would, but I cant write for ****, lol.

Offline Glendon Cameron

• Never be afraid to fail...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2011, 04:41:42 AM »
That's one of the things I like about watching his videos.......he tells it the way it is and doesn't shy away from being controversial!  

Welcome to the forum Glendon.....I hope you stick around a while and post in some other topics!

Thanks, some people don like the truth!!!

Offline Glendon Cameron

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2011, 04:51:46 AM »
I am sure he had to compete with sterling and wes and some of the other "whales" that I have to deal with all of the time.

"Why are people getting so up tight about this.   I'm happy he stopped by." Thanks Dude!

Many who are PO'ed are the same gutless wonders, who will NEVER be successful in this business. I am a capitalist, I never pretended to be anyone's buddy or friend to get their business. Here is a tip for the timid, to close a sale you often need to straight up ask for the money!  For all that want to know, I was asked by several customers for the other books, what is really funny each book stands on his own. As for my entry on this forum, it got more responses in a few hours, than it did in months and  whether you want to or not many of you little whining sissies actually learned a lot from my videos, go ahead and hate me , you make me more money! 

Offline Glendon Cameron

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2011, 04:55:42 AM »
Well people see the tv show then they do research on the net see your book and you make bank. Great idea. Seems like people that read your book and either get dumb or dumber. Do you take a good dump?? Now thats stupid by his book and use the paper as ***wipe.

A wise man once said it makes sense to actually know what you are talking about before you speak-

3 of 3 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars A fountain of knowledge, June 10, 2011
By Houston P Piercy - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Making Money A-Z with Self Storage Unit Auctions 2011: The Silver Edition (Paperback)
This book is the real deal for anyone who wants the truth about getting into the storage auction business. It doesn't paint a picture of how to get rich quick. There is so much information to make you a better storage auction buyer in this book that it is hard to ingest it all on the first read through. This is a storage auction buyers bible. The avenues to move your units described inside will overwhelm and amaze you at how many ways there are to resell your items. If you even think you might be serious about this business, this book will save you a lot of time and money. It will do this by showing you what it takes to break into storage buying while avoiding mistakes, and many ways to become successful at it, and if you don't have the desire to enter the business, you are only out the cost of the book.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

4 of 5 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars "From the Roota to the Toota" of Self Storage Auctions!, March 26, 2011
By Jake - See all my reviews
This review is from: Making Money A-Z with Self Storage Unit Auctions 2011: The Silver Edition (Paperback)
I just got your book Making Money with Self Storage Auctions an hour ago. I have not put it down! I am already halfway through the book and am thoroughly impressed by your real life take on business. I personally was a successful eBay business owner a few years back full-time but got out of the business due to some of the same issues that you discuss in your book. Your book not only speaks to these real world issues (that no other book, not even eBay specific books talk about) but offer invaluable solutions! I love your perspective and it has rejuvenated my passion for resale. I was just on such an mental high after starting your book I had to let you know. I am purchasing your other two books right know. Keep up the great work!
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Rough around the edges, but great information!, July 16, 2011
By Wendell J Snyder - See all my reviews
For the literary types amongst us, you may find this book to be rough and unpolished. But what this book lacks in fit and finish, it more then makes up for in content! If you are interested in storage unit auctions, either as a beginner or intermediate buyer, you will find useful information in this book. It will cut your learning curve down to a manageable level. For the women out there interested in storage unit auctions, you may find this business to be a little intimating. The book is written from a male prospective, but don't let that stop you from reading this book and learning the auction business! Anyone can use the information contained in this book.
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Very Few Quality "Making Money" Books, July 8, 2011
By Art K. - See all my reviews
I don't buy many books and especially not of the Instructional/How To Make Money Genre. I chose to buy this book after watching Glendon's videos as I was doing research on storage auctions. And I am very happy I did buy the book.

After being to a number of auctions and buying a few units, I will conclusively state that Glendon is not exaggerating when he says that no one did storage auctions like he did. The book contains his knowledge that will be of value whether you are a newbie or a seasoned storage auction buyer, whether you want to do it full-time or part-time. Just recently I was reminded, yet again, just how accurate his advice is, particularly the section on the must-have items to bring to a storage auction.

The book is also a fun & enjoyable read, at the very least you will walk away saying "Wow, that's interesting". At best, you will go to your first storage auction with all the right tools, the right mindset and the right plan.

If you're looking into storage auctions, this book is a must have.
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read For Anyone Thinking Of Buying A Storage Unit, October 18, 2011
By Jeremy - See all my reviews
I bought the three book package and couldn't be more satisfied with the information that was provided. I found your channel around March of this year and bought my first unit in September. I basically doubled my money on the unit. It was a 10×10 around 3/4 full. No treasures just your run of the mill stuff. Best item was a gold necklace that brought 208.00 dollars. I would not have been able move it with out the information provided in the books. Even armed with all the information that you have provided, it was still an overwhelming experience dealing with all the items that came out of that locker. Anyone who is thinking about buying a storage unit or going to into the business, these three books are MUST READ. Thanks again.
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

4.0 out of 5 stars Making money with storage auctions silver edition, October 13, 2011
By Josh - See all my reviews
I Really enjoyed this book it has a lot of good common sense advice which at first you might think you don't need because some things are simple most people would overlook them and suffer because of it. Glendon sharing his experience and knowledge is sure to help you avoid obstacles he has learned from the hard way very educational and entertaining at the same time.
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book+Hard Work= Ability to succeed in this business!, August 27, 2011
By Jon B. - See all my reviews
I usually do not take the time to write reviews, but I felt compelled to for Glendon's book. First,most people will look at the price of this book and be turned away. All I can say is its worth every penny! This is the text book of storage auctions! The real world experience that you will gain from this book, you will save triple that amount from the information by the time you even reach your first auction. This book chronicles the authors experience's in the secret world of storage auctions, which he shares with the reader in a very easy to read,conversation type format. This book will give you the ability to leap over a very dangerous learning curve in this very interesting field. BUY THE BOOK,WATCH HIS VIDEOS. Wither you want to do this as a little side money,become a serious buyer or are just curious about this subject matter, this is the book your looking for! It is a fun and informative read!
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, August 10, 2011
By D R "D R" (AL) - See all my reviews
This book is seriously one of the best business books you will read. Although it is geared toward storage auctions, it applies to any business buying and selling used goods. When it says A-Z, it is not lying. EVERYTHING is in this book. I wish I had read this book before starting on ebay and paypal, because I would not have made mistakes. The author has been through it all, and tells you exactly how to be successful and avoid problems.
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

0 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, June 18, 2011
By Heidi - See all my reviews
I had no idea you could make so much money with this book.Just some time, hard work, and dedication realy does pay off. Thanks great book.
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

1 of 4 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Making Money A-Z with Self Soreage Auctions 2011, April 8, 2011
By Sam - See all my reviews
This book is a 5 star book a must read for anybody thinking of starting out in storeage auctions. The writer is honest and to the point this is a man that nows his stuff. A must READ.
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

Offline Glendon Cameron

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2011, 05:05:58 AM »
Assuming that was really Glendon Cameron responding (and we really don't know that it was, do we?), I have lost all respect for him.
What kind of loser jumps on the forum and right away starts threatening to sue someone?
Props to Drew for leaving "Glendon's" criticism of Drew's auction list on the forum. I sincerely doubt if someone made the same comments about Glendon's products on Glendon's website, they would be there long.

I have no need for your respect as for "losing" since   I came here and adressed certain people my book sales EXPLODED LOL. You don't seem to understand Drew had no choice in the matter, there was some bull$hit left up here about me that had NOTHING to do with the books, that is the thing that pissed me off  and brought me here. When you put yourself out there you will be criticized, it is part of the landscape and some is valid, but that soft racism is   outbounds and the little bytch that left those remarks has yet to respond, like the little coward she is.  If you don't think this is me, you clearly have not watched my videos. ..... I have said since 2009 if you were weak , lazy and need someone to hold your hand, don't buy my books or even get in the business, because you will not be successful!!

Offline Glendon Cameron

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2011, 05:11:48 AM »
I don't think you can register for his site unless you pay dollars.  I wouldn't pay upwards of 50 bucks to antagonize someones work.  Unfortunately here we all have to deal with it.

Dude you are a total DUMB- A$$$    and you said it ,   YOU DON'T THINK   the truth of the matter is www.storageauctionguru.com , wwww.urbanpackrat.com  are all free and you don't have to register,  to read  , see this is the stupid sheeeeet that I am talking about. Now if you want the book you have to pay and it is clear you looked into it, but youR comprehension skills are a little weak  man.

Offline Glendon Cameron

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2011, 05:18:28 AM »
I've only watched his YouTube videos and I like the scenarios he gives. That's really what I've been looking for and haven't found from watching the shows. The questions I had about the storage auction biz really pertain to something I have to find out on my own (what's the average bid? where do I find auctions? should I hire people?, etc.)

If you want to be successful in business, you take chances, spend money, lose money, learn from it, etc. I don't believe you can become successful from buying a book or watching videos.

"If you want to be successful in business, you take chances, spend money, lose money, learn from it, etc. I don't believe you can become successful from buying a book or watching videos. "

-This is partially true, you need to put some skin in the game, no doubt about it. However , if I had the information  I put out when I started ( I shudder at the thought)  these muthers  down here ran me up to the tune of $9000 my first few months.   To be successful you need to be out there on the trail and educate yourself, accounting tax laws, sales techniques,  market trends, etc  I know the reason i was successful out there and with the publishing business is because I educate myself and the paid information has always beat the free stuff, always. For years I was one of the handful of people using ebay and craigslist in Atlanta- YEARS dude, because so many people think they can figure it all out by their lonesome,  and don't  self educate you need a team in this life to be successful.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2011, 05:20:25 AM »
It is clear you only read what you wanted to,Yes I did I am not a kiss ass and some of these comments about me were very offensive racially ( ebonics, ghetto) I guess those are okay???  And no it is not
You did light this thing up. Glad things are going your way. Others have posted how I felt. So want rehash.
And you are right sometimes you just have to ask for the money. Good luck to you.

Offline Glendon Cameron

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2011, 05:33:43 AM »
Honestly I think yall really need to lay off of Glendon, granted I didnt much like the idea of the threats of suing people. But I can see it from his side on that as well. Seems to me that some people are just mad because they didnt do what he did before he did it. Honestly speaking he jumped ship from doing auctions just in time, with the tv shows being a hit, people googling on how to cash in on it, and the hoardes of noobies trying to go out and make a dime into $20. GC has a good marketing strategy of enticing his customers just enough to want more. And I believe that is just about what anybody would do. I know I would, but I cant write for ****, lol.

Seems to me that some people are just mad because they didnt do what he did before he did it.

Dude thanks for the support,  as for the suing I was 100% serious, I don't shy away from controversy, I thrive on it and I knew many of the folks here were not going to be happy and  express their displeasure at my responses  in turn  pushing  up  the Google rank of this page, thus making more people aware of my products and in turn making me more money. It is kinda of funny, when you think about it!  

Now that  little bytch that was on my dick for some reason, ( and has yet to respond) that was allowed to go on and I made sure my responses would be read, it seems you and a few other friends on this forum  seem to take note of that, while others look over it. Kind of like that stupid hate the rich movement going on right now, if you can't beat them JOIN THEM!! Some of the folks here don't have the gonads to drop 2k-5K on a room and hate the ones who do or have done it.

Folks are going to hate,it is part of life,  because in 2009 when I got sick and my partner was diagnosed with cancer, I got out the business and wrote the book, I had no ideal any of this shytt would jump off.  When  people say I sell books to make money, they are 100% correct, yep guilty. There is a reason many folks have bought all of my books and will be buying the next one!

xx
What is Glendon Cameron up to these days?

Started by MovieMan

4 Replies
Last post November 17, 2013, 07:15:56 PM
by Cobia
xx
How does Glendon Cameron get away with charging $60 for his book?

Started by Travis

17 Replies
Last post May 06, 2013, 03:17:46 PM
by bwd111
xx
Why Glendon Cameron Got Out of The Storage Business.....

Started by Glendon Cameron

8 Replies
Last post November 07, 2011, 08:25:34 PM
by ChefJ
xx
Looks like Glendon Cameron has some YouTube competition.

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post June 11, 2011, 08:19:22 AM
by Starship1st