• View Profile
What do you think max bid should be for this unit
« on: March 07, 2012, 09:53:39 AM »
URL no longer active

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: What do you think max bid should be for this unit
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 09:58:50 AM »
There are many collectibles there that will bring in some money. Unfortunately they are opened so they won't bring in a lot of money. To me it looks like the absolute most anyone should pay for that unit due to too many unknowns is $1,800.00

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 10:10:32 AM »
There are many collectibles there that will bring in some money. Unfortunately they are opened so they won't bring in a lot of money. To me it looks like the absolute most anyone should pay for that unit due to too many unknowns is $1,800.00
I was thinking around 1250.00 Bet this unit goes for 2400.00

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 01:47:11 PM »
Can someone tell me whats great about the unit. If i saw it 400 max.

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 01:54:48 PM »
I also saw nothing real special, about $400

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 02:16:09 PM »
Can someone tell me whats great about the unit. If i saw it 400 max.

i was wondering that myself

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 04:09:23 PM »
Those old metal lunches boxes can go for hundreds of dollars each, some decent jackets, old planet of the apes figurines, Barbie dolls, that adding machine can be worth a $500 bill if it works, the battleship game, and then there's still all of those closed cardboard boxes. Nice boxes like that usually mean people cared about the stuff inside. That part is a gamble, but what isn't in this business!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 05:06:21 PM »
Those old metal lunches boxes can go for hundreds of dollars each,

....and they can go for $20. Last one I had got $18.00.

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 05:23:48 PM »
im not trying to be a negative pita here but im just not seeing it being worth what its already bid up to

1 the planet of the apes figures arent the old ones they are from the newer movies (i beleive the older ones had molded hair )

2 the barbies might be worth something IF they are some of the really high end limited release ones if they are just regular ones really not worth much more than used dolls

3 the cuckoo clock looks kinda cheesy look at they eye on the rabbit and then go look at some of the other ones on ebay

4 the lunchboxes

top on is a star wars but its got a bar code on it so its not real old , its kind of grungy looking too

not sure what the middle 2 are

bottom ones a fall guy which last auction i saw a mint mint one go for $70 this ones not going to be as nice and may or may not have the thermos

also notice you cant see anything in the cardboard box next to the lunchboxes through the hand holds

im not sure why that globe has a power cord wrapped around it but im not interpreting it as a sign of high quality

i cant make out the brand names on the stereos but the dont look high end

the mechanical banks look interesting but id tend to think they are repops (from the other things im seeing in the room)and not the real deal

the mantle clock looks interesting

adding machine one sold recently for $65 on ebay not missing buttons  ebay item # 290675319576

the records could be anything from awesome to awful

it seems like an awfull lot of money for what im seeing there

if the original poster likes i will delete this post  but i thought he was asking for opinions
my appologies if i ticked anyone off it wasnt my intention

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 05:25:07 PM »
Didnt get the unit! went for 2705.00  Way Way to much . I forgot never go to auctions the day after the storage tv shows. This was the persons first unit he has bought online. Here is the final winning bid.

i think you dodged a bullet

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 06:44:20 PM »
i think you dodged a bullet

Will agree to that.

My opinion looks staged.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 07:00:56 PM »
My opinion looks staged.

Yep, looks staged to me too. Just TOO neat and organized with some goodies showing. Why aren't THEY in
neatly stacked boxes too ?

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 05:40:33 AM »
Yep, looks staged to me too. Just TOO neat and organized with some goodies showing. Why aren't THEY in
neatly stacked boxes too ?

Who moves and stores a Christmas tree put together ? LOL

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 01:17:42 PM »
Well found out the boxes were empty! I talked with the manger and he told me the guy was so mad and was throwing the boxes in the hallway screaming and swearing. Thinking the unit was staged! Again bid on what you can see. I almost just said the hell with it and was going to pay 2400.00 I guess its true if something looks to good to be true it most likely is.

Everybody in this biz needs to take a step back and look at this situation and the one Rockin mentioned in another post. The popularity of the TV shows and all the money getting thrown around is making this industry ripe for manipulation at the least and possibly fraud.

I will say it again. There is NO contractual guarantee as to the condition, quality, or type of contents in a storage unit unless you get an itemized inventory in writing from the facility, and that dosen't happen!

When you see a 10 x 20 with a table saw, mountain bike, & lawnmower up front, and the rest boxes; there is NO guarantee implied or otherwise, that the boxes are full & filled with tools or other nice stuff. They could be empty or filled with household garbage. That's the risk! Bid accordingly!

I am reminded of a unit a friend won several years ago. 10 x 20, front row filled to the top and each side with nice packing boxes, couldn't see a thing behind the front row. He won it for $600. The boxes, filled with paper. Behind the front row, the unit was filled with used, wore out tires! Of course he complained to the management, but they said they had no idea what was in the unit. How are you going to prove otherwise? Long story short, he just left the tires and never went back to that facility.

xx
Comic book about gov't secrets getting auctioned off in a storage unit "Unit 44"

Started by StorageAuctionFinds

2 Replies
Last post October 17, 2013, 03:16:45 PM
by alloro
xx
Don't touch things in the unit or Don't get caught touching things in the unit?

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post January 03, 2013, 10:13:18 AM
by craiglstauction
xx
Won first unit

Started by SpeedBump

2 Replies
Last post March 23, 2011, 08:54:12 PM
by SpeedBump
xx
My first unit