Storage Auctions

What tools do you bring with you?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
What tools do you bring with you?
« on: May 24, 2014, 12:55:30 PM »
I know we've discussed supplies that should be brought to auctions or when cleaning out units, but I wanted to get more specific. What tools, specifically hand tools, do you find come in handy?

I've found that Allen wrenches are good to have with you at all times, because dining tables & other furniture might need to be disassembled for transport or to fit into a customer's vehicle.

Re: What tools do you bring with you?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 07:17:17 PM »
I keep a cordless drill all charged up with some various drill bits and screwdriver bits.  I have a bag with some basic wrenches and screwdrivers, vice grips, various sizes of pliers, allen wrenches, scissors, razor knife, etc.  Also have a magnifying glass I keep in there too, in case I find some jewelry or something and want to do a quick check.  Couple of other misc. tools, but pretty much it all fits in a soft bag that I can throw behind the seat.

I also keep an assortment of tie down straps and bungee cords for tying stuff down.  Have a zippered case (I found in a locker) that I can fit about 10 tie down straps and 8-10 bungees in and keep them organized and it still fits behind the seat.  And gloves.

xx
Do I have to bring my own locks? If so, why? If so, how many should I bring?

Started by MovieMan

2 Replies
Last post January 06, 2013, 03:57:13 PM
by Alias300
xx
Pricing tools

Started by Mr Andersen

5 Replies
Last post January 19, 2011, 01:16:01 PM
by TMRE
xx
Craftsman Tools