Storage Auctions

When the door opens, where are you?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
When the door opens, where are you?
« on: April 28, 2014, 09:57:29 PM »
Some buyers prefer to be at the front of the line so they can be the first to view the unit, while others like to hang back. Others don't really care and fall somewhere in the middle.

Do you like to be first, last or do you even care? Do you see any advantages to being either first or last in line?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: When the door opens, where are you?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 10:26:36 PM »
I like to be first to get an initial feel and then I circle around to the back of the line for a second and better look

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 11:42:27 PM »
I normally hang to the back. I hate the pushing and shoving that normally goes on at the front of the line. Also I keep my ears open for those in front of me saying what they see.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 09:05:11 AM »
Also I keep my ears open for those in front of me saying what they see.

You have to be careful with that. We have several people around here that purposely voice disinformation when viewing a unit.

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 10:28:32 AM »
If the auctioneer has good control over the crowd and people line up and file past the unit, it does not matter where I am , front middle back, its all good. In my area though it tends to feel like Black Friday when the doors open with all the lookie loos charging in, so I usually just hang back and once the crowd starts clearing I usually get more time to see the contents then those who rushed in first. I guess people are just anxious, but I don't really see an advantage to seeing the contents first. 8)

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 12:18:22 PM »
I like to be in the front, that way I get more time to think about my bid or even look items up on my smart phone. Plus, I usually circle back on units I'm interested in to make sure that I didn't miss anything.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 07:02:35 PM »
I'm generally in my car smoking a bowl and then running up to the door as the line dwindles lol. Seriously though, I like to be towards the back. When your the first person in line you got 20 people behind you pushing you along wanting to see the locker. I think the people towards the back get a bit more time to linger and look around.

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 11:16:13 PM »
I'm usually standing around not even in line shooting the breeze with other buyers...what's the big hurry, they don't start the auction until everybody has looked at it anyway......I have some fun and take it easy...half the fun of the auction is the social aspect of it! 

xx
eBay automatically opens unpaid item case after 3 days

Started by Travis

5 Replies
Last post February 22, 2016, 01:12:04 AM
by CameronRobertson
xx
What looks good from the door.......

Started by rockin the retro

6 Replies
Last post February 20, 2012, 09:05:55 PM
by craiglstauction
xx
If the storage unit door won't open, do you bid?

Started by Travis

9 Replies
Last post September 29, 2014, 06:11:28 PM
by AnnieMae
xx
out door flee market open 7 days a week!

Started by Sasqwatch01

4 Replies
Last post January 29, 2012, 11:03:48 PM
by stxredneck