Storage Auctions

Which one to choose?

Which one to choose?
« on: March 16, 2011, 08:35:05 PM »
This has been a slow auction week.  The only buying opportunities are tomorrow at 9am for 10 lockers 40 minutes away in a lower-end part of town or a 3 locker auction at 11 am 15 minutes away in a well-to-do part of town.  Don't think I can make both.  My thoughts are to go to the 9am one and if I can get to the 11am one, great.

Am afraid that I would miss a really good locker, but 10 lockers makes more buying opportunity than 3 lockers.

Thougtss?

Re: Which one to choose?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 08:37:16 PM »
This has been a slow auction week.  The only buying opportunities are tomorrow at 9am for 10 lockers 40 minutes away in a lower-end part of town or a 3 locker auction at 11 am 15 minutes away in a well-to-do part of town.  Don't think I can make both.  My thoughts are to go to the 9am one and if I can get to the 11am one, great.

Am afraid that I would miss a really good locker, but 10 lockers makes more buying opportunity than 3 lockers.

Thougtss?

Go for the one at 9am.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 08:38:29 PM »
Yea go for the early one! The unit count will probably go down and you can maybe make the 11am one. Or there may be a million people at the the 9am and you can opt out for the 11 am.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 10:56:12 PM »
Don't mean to hijack the thread but what's your guys experiences, you prefer nicer areas or lower end areas?

I have had some good luck with nice areas but also done well with really bad neighborhoods on the South Side of Chicago as well.

Gut reaction is nicer area but sometimes people with lower incomes are the ones who overpsend on nice stuff but you know the whole ghetto rich thing, can't pay rent but have flat screen tv's high end stereos, thousands of dollars worth of name brand clothing.

Also, my thought is generally in a nicer area people have a support system to fall back on so if you got electronics, gold, etc you are more likely to have a parent, sibling, friend, family etc who can lend you some money to get the stuff out, in a lower income area someone on hard times might now have anyone to tall back on and more likely to leave good stuff in a unit.

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 11:59:42 PM »
I don't really have a preference.  I got one of my best lockers on "slum row", sucker was full of jewelry and all kinds of collectibles.  Lady had a store and closed it down.  Then, I got my biggest money loser in an area that is known as a "high rent" district.  You just never know, it's hard to tell based on location alone.

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 01:31:09 AM »
Thanks for all of the reply's.  All have good points.  Gonna head south in the morning for the 9am 10 locker one.

xx
What made you choose THIS forum over the others?

Started by MovieMan

10 Replies
Last post August 15, 2013, 03:32:57 PM
by alloro
xx
Is it just common sense to go to EVERY AUCTION you can or pick and choose?

Started by MovieMan

6 Replies
Last post December 22, 2012, 08:01:06 AM
by theoddfind