Storage Auctions

Whole Bin or By the Piece?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Whole Bin or By the Piece?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 09:26:01 AM »
I've seen that kind where they'll sell a single (stand-out) piece and then sell the rest of the locker.

Now, Roger, before you tell me I should know better, here's something else I saw at an auction like that: The auctioneer held up an old .22 rifle and sold it as a single item. In California, this is a definite no, no. Yes, HE should have known better, and maybe he did, but he sold it anyway.

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 06:01:13 PM »
If that is the "Law" in CA. then he broke said "Law"...and the buyer also broke the law too...let me ask this, Did you call "In" on him??, My guess is NO...did any others call "In" on him....another guess..NO.

Let's switch gears...what if you were bidding on and won the firearm...and were stopped for a, let's say a speeding ticket...and they found this firearm...would your response be " but Officer the auctioneer just sold it to me " what would happen...chances in CA are that you would be arrested right along with the auctioneer and the firearm would be eventually destroyed.

In today's society, more and more people are testing their "Luck" with laws...and in Cash strapped CA...I would think that the risk of being hit with the "Maximum fine allowed by law" would be to great to chance.

But back to the "Banter" that started this...when I see people posting statements using the words "They, Them, Auctioneers etc." then I take that as referring to me & mine, lumping us all together so to speak.

I don't mind at all, people "Calling Out" bad auctioneers...but if you are gonna post this, then NAME THEM!...don't use general terms like " They, Them & the Auctioneers"...that's all

When you use these terms and let's say 500 people read your post and half form the opinion that your right...that's 250 that I now have to convince that we all don't do business like that.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 06:10:40 PM »
I see you are still going strong on this matter, and that's OK with me, but I'm pretty much done discussing it except for these several points:

No, I didn't turn him in; I also didn't turn in the several speeders I saw today and a dozen people talking on their cell phones while driving (both of which are not allowed in California).

I DID name the auctioneers who take the jewelry boxes to their little trailer in the streets of the storage unit when they sell piece by piece.

That group is named in post 12 of this thread if you want to turn them in to the SSA.

That's it for me on this subject.

xx
Piece by Piece Auction...Late October, 2013

Started by MovieMan

0 Replies
Last post November 01, 2013, 10:01:39 AM
by MovieMan
xx
Piece by Piece Auction...21 lockers...2 great ones !

Started by MovieMan

4 Replies
Last post May 24, 2013, 02:40:54 PM
by Fayettenam Man
xx
Piece by Piece Auction...A failure....and A success

Started by MovieMan

3 Replies
Last post January 31, 2014, 08:15:09 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Piece by Piece Auction...14 lockers...got a score !

Started by MovieMan

3 Replies
Last post September 27, 2013, 01:34:49 PM
by alloro