Storage Auctions

With the new auction show comming out

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
With the new auction show comming out
« on: April 11, 2012, 10:08:43 AM »
in which I called last year Baggage battles on bidding on people lost luggage hopefully the people that starting going to storage auctions due to the tv shows can divert there way over to baggage auctions. Let the airports deal with the big crowds. Im sure this show will have huge finds worth thousands and thousands of dollars. Hope the show makes it look like this auction is the one  to be at. Like I said monkey see monkey do. Wonder if every airport will be holding auctions?

Re: With the new auction show comming out
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 05:41:34 PM »
Well are you gonna do your part???....tell every noobie you see at any storage auction, "Psst...Hey Buddy, Buddy...have you heard about the new airport baggage auctions....yea buddy, folks are getting rich by buying those...not like these unit things, where most are loosing their shirts"

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 07:02:35 PM »
Least there you either have clean cloths, or dirty cloths that can be cleaned easy.  Plus, the cloths are in better shape then the crud we pull out of units.

There is a huge store in TN that sales stuff from lost luggage at airports.

Really do it helps to thin the crowd but doubt it much.  Airports don't hold them as often as storage auctions.  Most places also send stuff to a "central" location I think.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 09:44:09 AM »
Least there you either have clean cloths, or dirty cloths that can be cleaned easy.  Plus, the cloths are in better shape then the crud we pull out of units.

There is a huge store in TN that sales stuff from lost luggage at airports.

Really do it helps to thin the crowd but doubt it much.  Airports don't hold them as often as storage auctions.  Most places also send stuff to a "central" location I think.
If you did happen to watch the show last night did any of the buyers look familer? Well two of them are on storage wars? Well as for thinned out crowds , look how many people started to show at storage auctions due to the shows promoting how huge storage auction buying is. I think if and that is if the show is a success airports all over will hold auctions and people lazy as most are would rather buy suitcase then clean out a storage shed. Plus the storage shows cater to a certain demo and that demo is not in the home ownership demo. So the apartment dewllers would be in heaven only having to find room for a few suitcases then having to find room for a 10 x 20 unit. So yes I think the crowds that watch the show that are in the demo would flock to baggage auctions.

Offline Boxlot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 10:03:22 AM »
I did not watch the show,  but yes the couple has been on storage wars.  Barry has brought thing to  them.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 09:48:00 AM »
Well are you gonna do your part???....tell every noobie you see at any storage auction, "Psst...Hey Buddy, Buddy...have you heard about the new airport baggage auctions....yea buddy, folks are getting rich by buying those...not like these unit things, where most are loosing their shirts"
. No! I will be like everyone else and jack the bid up on the newbie and tell them hey there is a pot of gold in that unit just like you saw on auction hunters last night! Tell the newbie bid on that unit it will make you rich beyond all dreams! You can do your part and bid on that unit! Thanks buddy . Come on, you newbie's are what stimulate the economy at the auctions

Re: With the new auction show coming out
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 12:58:38 PM »
Is it just me, or did anyone else find the "Young Gun's" comments a little hilarious?  (Paraphrased) "I take thousands of dollars to England expecting to make ten times that much!!"  He came home with $450..........huh? ???

My impression was:
1) WOW, I know it was Miami-Dade, but the crowds were enormous
2)  Everyone seemed to overpay for what they got.  At least they showed the good and the bad.

xx
With all the auction tv show do you think this is a

Started by bwd111

13 Replies
Last post September 27, 2011, 11:59:16 AM
by AuctionOne
xx
Went to an auction today IT SEEMS RIGHT AFTER THE SHOW

Started by bwd111

2 Replies
Last post July 29, 2011, 08:57:42 PM
by jrossjr79